What Shall I Do!

Guest Kaur

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fatheh...

I reli wantt to take at the amrit sanchaar in april... i can do all my baneeyaa...i know they off by heart too...

but i jus dont do any simran

in the morning i wake up on time to do my paath and then go to school but i jus cant do simran...i dont no whyy!!!

i reli need advice on what i shuld do...the only time i am actually able to do simran is in the evening and that too only on vaja! PLEASE help me!

_Kaur_

You have 2 issues here. You are having problems in doing simran and thats one issue . Because of that you are worried about receiving Amrit, thats the second.

Doing simran on vaja is fine if thats what works for you. You will slowly progress and realise you can get your hands off your vaja and keep repeating simran, then from that, start pushing your vaja further and further away and for longer and longer periods to break the habit. I play the vaja myself so i have been through this problem. As you keep doing simran with your hands off the vaja, you will start closing your eyes and concentrating better on God's presence within yourself and your mind will start going deeper and deeper till you dont feel like opening your eyes. You could even try standing up and doing simran, first with eyes closed then with eyes open knowing God is with and around you. From that start walking doing simran so you get into a habit of singing Waheguru 24/7 while you walking, showering, eating etc etc. And when people around you are talking e.g over dinner or while in the lounge, keep trying to listen to them but learn your inner start chanting Waheguru. Perfection comes through practise, remember.

Getting up in the morning for simran is a very tricky problem especially in the early stages. Every night b4 u go 2 sleep, pray in your heart 2 God and Gurujee to wake up up at amritvela , bless you with simran and naam ras. Keep doing this prayer a lot and a lot throughout your entire life. Apart from that, remember good habits take ages, and bad habits come in days. So always put your alarm on for 3 or 4 a.m get up, try to have a quick shower and then do simran. In the beginning stage, you just want to be able to get up around that time so start by getting up around that time, drink some water or juice and start doing a bit of simran . As you keep getting into this habit, extend the time and then after 10 minutes get up and start having a shower then do nitnem and simran. If there is a will there is a way. Always do as much simran as you can just b4 sleeping no matter how early or late you sleep . It magically helps you to get up very early and do some simran. Join this site too instead of being a guest as this is a Sikh youth website and keep posting your progress and problems here . There are a lot of very highly inspired Sikhs of your age on this site that will give you lots of replies and become your friends. You can even make friends on this site and get them to call you every morning to wake u up for simran and share their experiences how they began to do simran and be on each other's facebook etc. This site will help you be a chardikela Sikh. I hope you are taking self defense classes too like gatka because a Sikh girl is a warrior princess who can defend herself. Also, i am very proud of you that you have memorised gurbani, but now you need to start learning the meaning of what you have memorised , line by line . It will help you understand what Gurujee is saying in the prayers, and through those prayers what Gurujee wants you to tell Him and to God. That will help you to start really enjoying doing your nitnem, and taste amrit ras in them and even this can automatically trigger you into simran afters. I started just like you. I would wake up just in time to do path b4 school, then i started doing simran on the way to school, then i started doing simran for 5 minutes after morning path, then i increased it bit by bit and as my life went along, i learned to do more and more. As you start loving God, you will love doing lots n lots of simran and bhagtee as and when you can, no matter date or time. It will become a big and beautiful, positive, life giving, addiction hehe.

Putting all this aside, dont delay but take amrit asap in april ok. During the ceremony you can tell the Punj Pyaras to give you specific advice on how to do simran and how to get up early etc. They normally allow a question and answer session at some stage, if not approach one of them after the ceremony. Taking amrit itself can help to break barriers in doing simran because by giving your head to Gurujee, you place yourself in His protection and He will look after you and guide you to do the right thing. You dont need to be perfect and get everything 100% right before taking amrit. Amrit is just the start of a long life where your life will slowly change, you will pick up good habits, and become a very blessed Sikh all in good time. So, dont panic about amritvela simran and do take amrit. You can improve your amritvela you go along.

Keep posting phenjee and book your name for the Amrit ceremony. Something tells me you are more than ready for it.

Guest assume

I assume you are planning to recieve amrit at the akj coventry cross roads smagam (sunday 4th april 9pm) . If so, the punj pyare will teach saas giraas jugti and give you naam drirta. this should help alot with simran.

until the amrit sanchar, sleep early and wake up early as you can. do whatever you can do in terms of simran, then your nitnem. it is also wise to slowly increase your nitnem to include sukhmani sahib and asa di war, all the gursikhs back in the day would also do these paaths without failure. after you are blessed with amrit, do your best to jap naam atleast 2hours a day, even if you cannot do it at amritvela, evening time is also fine to start off with.

after receiving amrit try to jap naam all day long when you get home, amrit is very powerful, you will be able to do it with a little effort.

the fact that you know punj banis, rehraas and sohila off by heart is very good sign and shows that you are definately a candidate for amrit.

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fatheh...

I reli wantt to take at the amrit sanchaar in april... i can do all my baneeyaa...i know they off by heart too...

but i jus dont do any simran

in the morning i wake up on time to do my paath and then go to school but i jus cant do simran...i dont no whyy!!!

i reli need advice on what i shuld do...the only time i am actually able to do simran is in the evening and that too only on vaja! PLEASE help me!

Your in a great stage to take Amrit :cool: especially when u know them off by heart.... i still dont know them by heart :sad: