Sign in to follow this  
.- Prabhjot Singh -.

Sikhscriptures2English.Blogspot.Com

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Sangat Jeo,

http://sikhscriptures2english.blogspot.com/

"This is an excellent new blog that has been started by our Veerji kam1825. It will be updated regularly and will be translations of Sri Nanak Prakash, which is the first section of Gurpratap Suraj Prakash Granth.Sri Nanak Prakash is the section that deals with Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. It has been praised by all traditional schools of Sikhi, including all Taksals (Damdami, Bhindran, Amritsarr), Nirmala Samparadya, Udasi Sampradya, Nihang Sampardaya and Hazuri Sikhs. To this date it is the main source of history in regards to Guru Nanak Dev Ji . The author, Kavi Santokh Singh Ji is from the Nirmala Sampradaya and has lineage that goes back to Guru Gobind Singh Ji."

I know this has been posted here before but this is one blog that deserves much more exposure, so I am making this a sticky.

Gurfateh!

• Like 3

Thanks Singh. The second Adhyai of the Sri Nanak Parkash has been completed today so the third Adhyai will begin tomorrow. The introduction to the birth of the Aad Guru is almost complete.

The blog has been updated with a new layout thanks to Bhai Jvala Singh Ji.

If you have not had a look at the blog take a look obviously the blog is not everones cup of tea as we only seem to get about 20 hits a day!!!!

It makes me wonder what Sikhs of today are actually bothered about?

Yes veerji, it saddens me too that our youth aren't really interested in learning.. their total energy seems to be dedicated to fighting amongst themselves. And yet we call ourselves Sikhs.. But do not let it put you off veerji for what you are doing hasn't really been attempted before.. if your translations are able to generate pyaar for Guruji Sahib in the heart of even one gurmukh, consider your sewa parvaan. I have nothing but utmost respect for you veerji, I pray that Waheguru Ji keep you in Chardi Kalaa forever.

• Like 2

Thanks jee - seva is appreciated.

Would it be possible to post a link of a PDF version on the blog of the translations as they occur? This will make it easier to print off and read, or even view on smartphones/iPhones.

Waheguroo

somtimes in front of kavi ji's name is written choormani

kavi choormani bhia santokh singh ji rachat

what does choormani and rachat mean.

somtimes in front of kavi ji's name is written choormani

kavi choormani bhia santokh singh ji rachat

what does choormani and rachat mean.

Chooramani means "Jewel in the crown". {See Mahan kosh}{Encyclopedia of Punjabi sahit=literature}.

Rachat means "Whose work it is".

This blog is amazing! The only source for Sri Nanak Parkash in English. At a time when most books on Sikh history in English are written with a missionary style interpretation of our history, it is tryuly invaluable.

Hope it is saved somewhere safe to be made a proper book one day.

• Like 1

Thank you Veer ji , this sewa has cleared many doubts that I had about how Guru ji's father was ... if one was to go by standard texts in english you would think there was no love at all just irka and krodh . Plus it is great to see how much piare and satkar Guru ji gave to his whole family truly a good example to our youth

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• What the hell was i thinking making this crappy post. 😧 Dont i know anything?!?!
    • Guest Singh Jee, you need not any more ardaas or arambh again. Just follow what the Bani says. So, what does the Bani say?  It clearly says: ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਆਸਨੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਉਰਸਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਕੇਸਰੋ ਲੇ ਛਿਟਕਾਰੇ ॥ Naam Thaero Aasano Naam Thaero Ourasaa Naam Thaeraa Kaesaro Lae Shhittakaarae ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਭੁਲਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਚੰਦਨੋ ਘਸਿ ਜਪੇ ਨਾਮੁ ਲੇ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਕਉ ਚਾਰੇ ॥੧॥ Naam Thaeraa Anbhulaa Naam Thaero Chandhano Ghas Japae Naam Lae Thujhehi Ko Chaarae ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਦੀਵਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਬਾਤੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਤੇਲੁ ਲੇ ਮਾਹਿ ਪਸਾਰੇ ॥ Naam Thaeraa Dheevaa Naam Thaero Baathee Naam Thaero Thael Lae Maahi Pasaarae ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ ਭਇਓ ਉਜਿਆਰੋ ਭਵਨ ਸਗਲਾਰੇ ॥੨॥ Naam Thaerae Kee Joth Lagaaee Bhaeiou Oujiaaro Bhavan Sagalaarae ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਤਾਗਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਫੂਲ ਮਾਲਾ ਭਾਰ ਅਠਾਰਹ ਸਗਲ ਜੂਠਾਰੇ ॥ Naam Thaero Thaagaa Naam Fool Maalaa Bhaar Athaareh Sagal Joothaarae || ਤੇਰੋ ਕੀਆ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਕਿਆ ਅਰਪਉ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਤੁਹੀ ਚਵਰ ਢੋਲਾਰੇ ॥੩॥ Thaero Keeaa Thujhehi Kiaa Arapo Naam Thaeraa Thuhee Chavar Dtolaarae ਦਸ ਅਠਾ ਅਠਸਠੇ ਚਾਰੇ ਖਾਣੀ ਇਹੈ ਵਰਤਣਿ ਹੈ ਸਗਲ ਸੰਸਾਰੇ ॥ Dhas Athaa Athasathae Chaarae Khaanee Eihai Varathan Hai Sagal Sansaarae ਕਹੈ ਰਵਿਦਾਸੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਆਰਤੀ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਹਰਿ ਭੋਗ ਤੁਹਾਰੇ ॥੪॥੩॥ Kehai Ravidhaas Naam Thaero Aarathee Sath Naam Hai Har Bhog Thuhaarae   Guest Jee, with the verses above , you can see by yourself, that Bhagat Ravi Das is telling us, that, when one is engaged in His devotion with focused attention,  in His Nam, that is all one needs to do, for this His devotion, is more than enough, than any outer ingredients. wahiguru unlike any other gods, godesses, devis, devtays, prophets, avatars, needs nothing from us, except our full atention with love and devotion at His Lotus Feet. Such is the undescribable infinite wadeeayee of our beloved Wahiguru Akal Purukh. Sat Sree Akal.    
    • Quite good,  3 out of five.
    •   MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL WORK FOR A CAUSE NOT FOR APPLAUSE LIVE LIFE TO EXPRESS NOT TO IMPRESS DO NOT STRIVE TO MAKE YOUR PRESENCE NOTICED JUST MAKE YOUR ABSENCE FELT     RELEASE  THE EXPECTATIONS HOW MUCH TIME & ENERGY WE WASTE IN ASKING PEOPLE TO CHANGE WAITING FOR THEM TO CHANGE UPSET BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CHANGE? INVEST A LITTLE TIME AND ENERGY IN TEACHING YOUR OWN MIND TO RELEASE THE EXPECTATIONS       SELF IMPROVEMENT I AM IN COMPETITION WITH NO ONE I RUN MY OWN RACE I HAVE NO DESIRE IN BEING BETTER THAN ANYONE IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM I JUST AIM TO IMPROVE TO BE BETTER THAN I WAS BEFORE THAT IS ME AND I AM FREE.     COURAGE KEEP YOUR DREAMS ALIVE UNDERSTAND TO ACHIEVE ANYTHING REQUIRES FAITH AND BELIEF IN YOURSELF VISION, HARD WORK DETERMINATION AND DEDICATION REMEMBER ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE