Please Help! Want To Cut Hair But Don'T Want To At The Same Time!

Guest confused_boy

Guest confused_boy

I'm a 15 year old boy and have been keeping full kesh, but recently I thought about getting my hair cut, I don't know how to face my parents about it...it is not because of fitting in...I just feel that I would look a lot better with my hair cut, Khalsa was formed to protect the people, and I beleive in this entire world there are barely any tru Sikh left, we all have boyfriends/girlfriends, we all eat meat, we all think about ourselves before we think of others (Excluding family), but the problem is I feel that if I'm forced to be a Sikh...but at the same time I like to be Sikh, I just feel religion should be faith and not restrictions, but ,my family is the only reason that is stopping me, I know if I cut my hair I won't be able to look them eye-to-eye, I hate it when jokes are made on sardars, but on the same time I do it myself, most people cut thier hair, are they wrong? No! Other religions don't prohobit anything? Are they wrong? Please help me...

Other religions don't prohobit anything? Are they wrong? Please help me...

o rely ??

Cutting your kesh... it's up to you, because you think you will look better with out them, meaning your desperate to be attractive/etc

The truth is you don't seen to have cut hair and everything to be liked by people. And yess it's against the religion.

Seeing how you took the time to post here seems like you CARE. Wait for a few more replys and don't take action to fast.

Guru Sahib gave us the command to keep kesh, that's all that should matter. Who said you look better as a mona? Where will those people be when your last breath comes? Guru Ji's teachings will always be true and relevant, they are aadi, jugaadi and hosi.

Furthermore, thousands of Sikhs have died for your right to keep Kesh, and accepted death rather than cut their Kesh. By cutting your kesh, you are saying that they fought and died for no reason.

There are still real Sikhs around, you just need to look in the right place. If you are India, visit our traditional Taksals, Nihang Dals, Mahapursh etc. Go to historic Gurdwaras and find out what happened there.

Change your Sangat and within a few days you won't want to cut your kesh anymore, and you'll stop the other stuff you do as well.

Guest Love Your Kesh!

What Would SahibZadeh of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Tell You? Think Of Their Answers To You.

Instead of Doing Beadbi To Kesh, You Should Be Thinking of Panj Pyareh Putting Amrit On Your DasamDuar and Kesh.

What Would Bhai Taru Singh Ji Tell You?

Instead of Doing Beadbi To Kesh, You Should Be Thinking of Panj Pyareh Putting Amrit On Your DasamDuar and Kesh.

Think of Guru Nanak, Think of Guru Angad, Think of Guru AmarDaas Ji, Think of Guru RaamDaas Ji, Think of Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Think of Guru HarGobind Ji, Think of Guru Har Rai Ji, Think of Guru HarKrishan Ji, Think of Guru TeghBahadur Ji, Think of Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Think of Panj Pyareh and Remember Bhai Dya Singh Ji, Remember Bhai Dharam Singh Ji, Remember Bhai Himmat Singh Ji, Remember Bhai Mokham Singh Ji, Remember Bhai Sahib Singh Ji, Think of Khalsa Dharma, Think of Everything That Was Done By Our Gurus and Khalsa For YOU!

Khalsa Was Made To Protect Ones Dharma First As Well, Then Others As Well. Personal Dharma is Most Important. There are True Sikhs, Many True Sikhs are Gupt, Instead of Looking For Them, Become One Yourself. We Live in Kaljug, Who Cares if Others Have Bf/Gf, Be a True Sikh Yourself; More Important is Dharma. Bf/Gf Stuff Can Lead to Very Very Very Very Very Long Term Downfalls in Many Many Many Ways (Physical, Mental, Emotional, Especially True Khalsa Dharma Spiritual and AfterLife). Be a True Sikh; Forget What Others Do. Not Everyone Eats Meat; Khalsa Dharma Preaches Compassion, Be The Best You Can; You Don’t Need To Eat Meat; Forget Others; There are Plenty of Yumm Yumm Vegetarian/Vegan Foods. Thinking of Yourself As Most Important is a Good Thing (When It Comes to Your True Khalsa/Sikh Dharma), Who Cares if Others Are More Selfish With Other Things? Think of Yourself and Your Dharma; Again; Who Cares What Others Do? Don’t Make Jokes on Sardaars Yourself! Instead Stand Up and Show How The True Sardaars Protected Women and More! Talk of Sardaar Baba Deep Singh Ji! Talk of Sardaar Bhai Taru Singh Ji! Talk of The Sardaars That Protected and Saved Women! Don’t Be a Follower! Be a Leader! About Others Who Do Not Keep Their Hair, Yes They are Wrong to Not Keep Their Hair. Guru Nanak Brought True Dharma; Not ‘Religion’. All Other ‘Religions’ Including Jesus, Moses, The Rishis Etc., All Kept Their Hair; Forget What Others Are Doing Now, and Forget What They are Taught To Do. You Just Look To Your True Guru and The Palace of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Don’t Worry About What Others; Don’t Care What They Do At All. Keep Your Kesh. Instead of Doing Beadbi To Kesh, You Should Be Thinking of Khalsa Dharma (Now; NOT Later) and Panj Pyareh Putting Amrit On Your DasamDuar and Kesh.

You Are Intelligent and Articulate To Become Gurus’ Great Sikh.

(I Apologize in Advance If I am Unable To Get Back And Provide Any Other Responses). Hope Guru Sahib and You Take Yourself In The Right Direction Towards Guru. Take Yourself Towards Guru, Not Further. You Should Be Thinking of Becoming The Greatest Khalsa You Can Be NOW! (NOT LATER!!!!!)

Now Go and Sit Down, Get Some Great Vegetarian/Vegan Yumm Yumm and Sit With Your Back Straight And Confidently Say To Yourself! “I am Going To Be The Greatest Sikh EVER!!!!! And I Love My Hair!!!!! And Instead of Thinking of Doing Beadbi, I am Going To Think of Panj Pyareh Putting Amrit On My DasamDuar and Kesh and How Awesome It Would Be To Be Gurus’ Sikh For My Entire Life, and I Don’t Care What Others Do or Say; I Love Guru Nanak Who Is Guru Gobind Singh Ji!!!!! And Guru Nanak/Guru Gobind Singh Ji Loves Kesh and True Sikhi!!!!!” Now Don’t Ever Think of Doing Beadbi To Your Hair, From Head to Toe, Again! And Take Your Thoughts and Actions, Your Entire Self and Being, Closer and Closer to Khalsa/Sikh Dharma!!!!!! (NOW; NOT LATER!!!!!) :) Don’t Ever Think of Doing Beadbi To Your Kesh Again! :)

my dear paji, keeping kes, refraining from meat, alcohol, drugs, and relationships, are not restrictions ...they are common sence

these are disciplines and TOOLS, rather then just 'rules' to HELP us acheive union with mahraj.

e.g not drinking alochol keeps a clear and alert mind, so we can keep focus on naam

before making the big decision, make sure it is a well and informed one, so i implore you to fully study/meditate on the essence of sikhi/truth, which is moolmantar.

In reference to ' i will look alot better with my hair cut'.... alot better for who? Its important to keep asking yourself why you are doing something in order to get to the root of it. Most of the time the root will be the existence of your 'self' as a seperate being, which is exactly what we should be trying to overcome

guaranteed, that once you take a closer look at this very rare and beautiful jewel of sikhi, it will be completely impossible for you to turn away, nothing else will seem as sweet

Maharaj has done much kirpa to bless you with enough pyaar to atleast question what you are doing, so let that pyaar grow, through seva, sangat and simran

please do ardaas to ask for the ability to understand the importance of kes, and the rest is up to maharaj

: )

hope that all goes well

Guest NY3HY3

Cut your hair and run away, or grow some marbles and man up. If you want to be a sikh, become a sikh, if not, be done with it. No need for needless drama and jibber jabber. From the way you sound, if you don't cut your hair today, you'll do it tomorrow. I have seen countless youth like you. Subjugated at home; break free and uncle tomify themselves.

What I think is you shouldn't waste your time my friend. You are suffering from cognitive dissonance. It's going to keep eating you bit by bit; make the decision, or you'll blow a valve. It also sounds like somebody busted your bubble. *everyone eats and drinks* Nobody is perfect my friend, we all strive to be there. The problem with sikhi today is, dhikava. I'm not here pointing fingers, but nobody is perfect. We have set a superficial bar. To reach that bar requires a lot more than regular human strength. Still, people feel the need to judge others characters to belittle them.

You care about sikhi enough that you're posting on the form. I don't understand what you expect to glean from this. All of these idealist will tell you to keep your hair. Even I recommend not cutting it, but ultimately the decision is for yours. This is your life. Not your moms or dads, or the people posting on this forum. The thing is, once you cut your hair, every things going to change If you remotely care about sikhi, then you'll feel like a coward uncle tom. I know you're a teenager and things can be tough, but for each action you take, there will always be a reaction. Before you cut your hair, do some research. Not just from a religious perspective, but also a physiological perspective. Hair is the way to go. Sit down draw up a lit of why you want to keep your hair and why you want to cut your hair.

I'll help you out.

Hair cutting

Pro's:

All the girls out there will no longer cringe when they look at you, now it'll be more of a look of minor disgust. You'll get rid of your uniqueness, you can be like everyone else. Trust me it's fun being boring and plain. People won't hate you because of your religion, now they'll hate you for being you.

Con's:

You can no longer blame your religion for being a loser. Physiologically, you'll lose a lot of benefits you had with your hair. People will no longer respect you, not that they do right now. Everyday you'll go to sleep thinking you're a coward. Mama and Papa aren't going to be to happy.

Jokes aside, I do understand what you're going through. Quit being a pawn. Do your own research and find out what sikhi is to you. Not what your parents tell you, or what the giani tells you. Notice how everyones interpretation is always different. My problem with modern day sikhi is, people are belittling my Guru Maharaj and Akal Purakh.