Is This What Kaam Is?

Guest Guptx

Guest Guptx

thank you so much for understanding

and i will try that

i mean its not that hard i knoow.. sometimes my mind just fights me back

been in same situation

and benti to amarjit kaur please be bit more considerate with ur answers. phen is obviously at an age where she needs support. not ppl saying yh im shocked at u being a bibi and doing that. and chill i know u didnt mean no harm but i been there so can emphathise.

to phen, dont worry about it. i used to do too. i have learned u shld do or not do something based on what ur beliefs are and not what other ppl or other beliefs are saying. goin by other eeliefs can lead to problems in ur mind, doubt etc. so jst go with the flow mool mantar is very important. actualy a gursikh cant do without it. savaa lakh mool mantar a year, about 108 malaas of 108 malaa mool mantar a month every1 shld do this much at least.

dont owrry about it and dnt put urself down over it(if u are), actualy the reason why i stopped is because it was a big waste of time. lol. i dont og on msn or watch tv or ny of that so i try and spend all my time listening/reading baani, katha and if i find the right shabad for me then kirtan also. then i realised one day man im trying to do bhagti and this keeps coming in the way what a waste of time and effort. so i decided to not watch this stuff for 30 days. keeping an aim for 30 days for nything proves very helpful u cld try it if u want.

and keep trying things will get easier. we shld try and always try. also sangat is important.

best wishes

_Guptx_ - Small steps/goals that someone suggested seems like maybe a good idea, just think day by day and see what happens hunna. But its not just yourselves who needs such advice, Kaam affects most of us in different ways, me included and far beyond the 16-19 peak age someone mentioned.

Maharaj sade saareya ta bakhshas karey athey Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh, Hunkaar thu dhoor rakhey.

What we must realise is that Kaam is an entity, just as Krodh and Hunkaar, Lobh, Moh. They are real and reside within you and it is there job to put you off your true path.

This type of thing happens to all types of people, and yes even amdhridhari's. We are bhoolan-haar and we make mistakes all the time, SO DO NOT WORRY,

this happens to all people. Only those whose spirituality is high enough that they can control the 5 are free from this. In fact Kaam will try his hardest when one

is either doing paath or listening to kirtan etc , becaause he wants to dislodge you from your state of bliss.

The key is to recognise that when these thoughts come realise that it is Kaam who has entered your mind and is trying to unsettle you. The first step is to realise

what is happeneing, that he has entered your mind. Next when you start to recoginse him then start warning him off. In your mind address kaam, tell him to go away

and never return. Soon over time he will realise that this person knows when I come and will start to leave you alone, even then he is very cunning and will use such subtle ways to ensnare you, so be on your guard.

There is a shabad by Guru Arjun Dev ji - sanskriti shabad - " Hey Kaamn narak bhisraamn, bohu jooni parmawan........ "

Guru Ji is so magnificant that they arm their Sikhs with such shabads - there are five shabads each addressing the 5 chores. If you do simran of the shabad then it

wards off that particular desire.

and benti to amarjit kaur please be bit more considerate with ur answers. phen is obviously at an age where she needs support. not ppl saying yh im shocked at u being a bibi and doing that. and chill i know u didnt mean no harm but i been there so can emphathise.

Let me clarify to you, she said "you might be shocked" and I answered yes, I am shocked, because I was assuming from the first of her post that it was some boy writing. So I answered my first post keeping that in mind. Don't you ever get shocked when you assume situation in a certain way and it turns out to be totally different.

And I have not suggested her anything wrong. To put my answer in simple terms, I have just said that if you do have 100% faith in the guru you bow to, the Guru whose amrit you have taken, then please do ardas to Guru Sahib from your heart, and Guru Sahib paar langhaunge. I don't think I am not being considerate here. I do keep in mind when I write here that I am responsible for my actions and I do know that some youngesters read this forum and in no way, I want to encourage youngsters that keep up with your monkey mind winning the race over your Guru's command to you. I am going to tell you that your GURU says something else to you. LISTEN to GURU's commands and try to shut up your monkey mind as much as possible. As you know and everybody knows, when we follow our mind, we are following manmat and are labeled as manmukh by GURBANI. And when we follow GURU sahib's pavitar BANI, only then we are considered as GURMUKH. And how hard that is, I know that as well as I am an average grihsti person myself living through the bhathi (oven) of these panj chor that you are and GURBANI are talking about.

I have gone through different kind of situation, but you could label it under the kaam umbrella. The only difference is that I realized it was kaam who is trying to enter in a disguised way and I put my efforts to fight it off. it frustrated me for few weeks. But whatever happened, it was not started by me. I realized it at each moment whats happening. And I kept trying to fight it off, and that created frustration. Eventually I was over with it, and I still thank God that "Thank you for putting me through this fire of situation of kaam, as I realized how in different ways it tries to enter and distract me from SIKHI path. And you know, what I kept reminding myself. It was Bhai Joga jee's situation. Guru jee stood there as a guard to protect him. And similarly, I had Guru jee standing there to protect me while Kaam was trying to attack in a ways that I never got attacked before.

I know I am creating lot of mystery here. I have to, as I do not want to create a made up username and spell my story. I rather keep it btween me and my GURU. GURU knows everything.

So in nutshell, I do not live in a perfect world and do not expect perfectness from everybody and am not perfect myself in anyway either.

Not trying to offend you or anybody in anyways. Thats never my intention. But just trying to clarify what I meant. And wouldn't want to be labeled as inconsiderate at all.

Thanks for understanding.

Guest mehtab1singh

kwim kroiD moih vis kIAw ikrpn loiB ipAwru ]

kaam karodhh mohi vas keeaa kirapan lobh piaar ||

When you are under the power of sexual desire, anger and worldly attachment, or a greedy miser in love with your wealth;

cwry iklivK auin AG kIey hoAw Asur sMGwru ]

chaarae kilavikh oun agh keeeae hoaa asur sa(n)ghaar ||

if you have committed the four great sins and other mistakes; even if you are a murderous fiend

poQI gIq kivq ikCu kdy n krin DirAw ]

pothhee geeth kavith kishh kadhae n karan dhhariaa ||

who has never taken the time to listen to sacred books, hymns and poetry

iciq AwvY Esu pwrbRhmu qw inmK ismrq qirAw ]4]

chith aavai ous paarabreham thaa nimakh simarath thariaa ||4||

-if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, and contemplate Him, even for a moment, you shall be saved. ||4||