Mann Kida Laiyda?

Guest lost hope

Guest lost hope

Mann laake kida path karida? How do u mann laake to do path when u try and try and try soo hard that u get tired from trying. Just been told by a sant that not doing path mann laake, plz do not say anything against sant/mahapurkh, finding it very hard, thus getting frustrated with god now and just want to give up doing it, to be honest i cant even be bothered to do it now that been told that.

As i thought at least i'm trying to do it even when i dont want to, but now i dont even want to at all.

Feel like im being thrown like a ball back n forth and my minds being played with, didnt realise that if u want something from god that u have to try so hard only to be told that not trying hard enough.

I thought only sants and mahapurkhs could do that mann laake, i dont even consider myslf at that level or never will be so how do i mann laake it do it?

sorry to offend anybody, or the sant, just soo confused with th whole thing. And cant believe how lots of people get wat they want and dont even pray. dont understand wat im doing wrong.

It takes time - you have to keep trying. In reality, it is a question of pyaar for GUrbani. As your pyaar for Guru Ji increases, it gets easier to concentrate. Making an effort to learn the meanings of what you are reading helps greatly as well.

The important thing is to keep doing it no matter what.

Wjkk Wjkf Jeo,

i am no expert at controlling mann but phenji/veerji can i just ask why exactly do you want to control your mann and furney? Everybodys got their own reasons - some want to elevate their spiritual level so they can get closer to Waheguru while others do path for attainment of worldly objects. So, what do you want from Waheguru? Waheguru, the Creator Himself or some creation of Waheguru? Supposing you do get what you want from Waheguru, do you actually believe you will be satisfied and not ask for more? Kaamna will never look at what you have got, it will always crave for what you havent. And so we go around doing udhams, including all sorts of karam-kaands, in the hope that we get we havent got. And thats how our kaamna becomes trishnaa. and once that happens, asking for more materials to quench our thirst for satisfaction is like putting fuel on fire; it will end up destroying us.

What is written in your karams will surely be delivered to you, whether it is anything material or spiritual. If you have sown good seeds in the past, then you will surely be rewarded for it sooner or later. So drop all the worries and let Waheguru Ji direct you wherever He wishes to take you. Have you ever seen a puppeteer controlling the puppet? The threads with which puppet is attached to the puppeteer are so delicate they can hardly be seen with naked eye but its that bond that makes the puppet move. Become a puppet, and let Waheguru Ji make you walk, cry, sit and stand without any questions. Do not try to control your own movements for you will end up tangling the threads connecting you and Waheguru Ji.

Closely observe a tree shaking left and right in strong winds. Notice its movements, do you ever see it going against the sweet will of Waheguru Ji? It unquestionably bends to whicever direction the wind blows. Not only trees, look at ANY creation (except humans) none goes against the divine law of Waheguru. Its just us humans that do our own marji and end up breaking the equilibrium.

Look around you, and see all the wonderful creations of Akal Purakh. We go to science museums to get amazed by all those discoveries but do we actually take out time to look around where art of uncomparable magnitude is all around us? I remember this katha i heard not so long ago - Maskeen Ji were going on foot with his teacher and they happen to pass by a field of brinjals. The teacher looked and froze, then started crying uncontrollably. Maskeen ji thought hes gone crazy, he has started crying for no apparent reason! He gathers courage and finally asks babaji the reason why he is crying. Babaji says, look! look! Shyaam! Babaji had started seeing Shyaam, Waheguru Ji, in the purple colour of brinjals!!

This unconditional love, my friend, this.. madness is needed! and that is only possible if we stop being beggars and ask Waheguru Ji to become ours instead. That day, the concept of sukh and dukh will disappear and only the eternal tranquility will remain.

Gurfateh!

mann sirf artha vich lagda aa. how else are you supposed to pay attention while doing paath? you have to pay attention to the meaning of the panktis. and for this, you have to listen to katha. and it does take some time, but without the meanings, theres nothing to pay attention to.

here is a link to katha of 5 bania:

http://www.gurbaniupdesh.com/multimedia/listing.php?q=f&f=%2F04-Katha%2F13-Giani+Thakur+Singh+Ji+%28Patiala+Wale%29%2F00-Nitnem+Sateek

Guest lost hope

i have a disease which i want to get better from but its so hard doing everything, cant go to any science museums as dnt leave the house too weak to even care for myslf, thts why i cant concentrate for long on anything.

Guest anonymous

It takes time - you have to keep trying. In reality, it is a question of pyaar for GUrbani. As your pyaar for Guru Ji increases, it gets easier to concentrate. Making an effort to learn the meanings of what you are reading helps greatly as well.

The important thing is to keep doing it no matter what.

Oh sadaiyo, man da ki launa, ehdron putna tan oda launa. Now how difficult is it?

look up methods for doing paath to remove illness in sankat mochan granth. you'll find it on one of the scribd links in my signature.

also, do pranayam yoga, this will help increase your ability to focus.

when doing paath, try to focus on the arths(meanings), u can also try to uchaaran the bani perfectly, with full focus on all the lagaa matray. this method greatly helps with concentration.

sometimes, people can't concentrate b/c of not getting the proper nutrition, take a look at your diet, is your vit. B and iron spot on? maybe see a good homeopath for help.

A good meditation for illness is 'Sree Harkrishan Dhiaaeea, Jis Ditthe Sab Dukh Jaaie'. If you do it nishkaam, you'll still have your illness be taken care of, but you'll gain more spiritual benefit too.

As for weakness, start to exercise, start slow. Do a little everyday. the combo of exercise and pranayam will greatly help you in gaining energy.

Read Bhagat ji's health pothi from www.gursevak.com, this may contain something that can help cure u.