Caste System In Sikhi [Late S. K.Singh Deep Ji's last message for all of us]

I salute to k singh deep for initiating such relevent topic, actually we guys always find some excuse to

interprete the things our way (for those who think there is nothing bad in caste system ), not even sparing

gurbani.I personally know veer deep ji , he spent his life perfectly according to Gurmat , and passed away

recently on 5 Apr 2010 after brief illness . let us all pray that his soul stays in unison with the great Creator

Waheguru....Mehar Kari Dateya....

:sad:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

cast system has been making inroads in Sikhism, because after the departure of last Guru the Apostasy or downfall of true sikhi began. Ever since the truth has been being replaced by ignorance regarding the true message of the Guru.When Gurus were present among the saints they kept the sangat on the straight and narrow path of righteousness. They had the spiritual power to withstand the pressure of the world around them. History shows that those Sikhs would rather lay down their lives for the sake of truth than scum to it. But it is a different picture today.I see Sikhs with 5 ks doing all kinds of ignoble things.

The big stumbling block the Sikhs have erected for themselves is believing Guru Granth as the 11th guru , when the gurbani tells us that the Guru has ascended to Devpuri and he is a living being. How can a book of instructions impart that which Guruji bestowed upon his Sikhs. Was there a shortage of holy books in the days of the Gurus on the Indian soil. Nay, Guruji brought back that which was lost among the Hindu pandits and Muslim Mullas.They restored the true ordinances and principles and provided light and truth to their Sikhs so that they can connect with the Almighty. The scholars and gianis cannot give you light. The only thing they can give is the explanation of the past history, going round and round in circle.All religions are doing the same old thing. The Sikh Holy scripture is full with nuggets of gold, pealrs and gems. But who will interpret the word of God? Only one who is sent from above ,like Guru Nanak.

Almighty God, Wheguru, has been sending his messenger in every age (yug). So when guru Nanak ji came with a message from God, he did not direct his followers to fallen sects of the day. He did not say that the holy scriptures of Hindus, Muslims and Christians were wrong, but rather he said that glories of that God has been sung by past devotees.

ਪੂਰਨ ਪੁਰਖ ਅਚੁਤ ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਜਸੁ ਵੇਦ ਪੁਰਾਣੀ ਗਾਇਆ ॥

पूरन पुरख अचुत अबिनासी जसु वेद पुराणी गाइआ ॥

Pūran purakẖ acẖuṯ abẖināsī jas veḏ purāṇī gā▫i▫ā.

The Vedas and the Puraanas sing the Praises of the Perfect, Unchanging, Imperishable Primal Lord.

ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਕਹਹੁ ਮਤ ਝੂਠੇ ਝੂਠਾ ਜੋ ਨ ਬਿਚਾਰੈ ॥

बेद कतेब कहहु मत झूठे झूठा जो न बिचारै ॥

Beḏ kaṯeb kahhu maṯ jẖūṯẖe jẖūṯẖā jo na bicẖārai.

Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false.

The books cannot give you mukti. .So Sikhs will have do pray for and seek after that same true samgat of saints which has been restored by the Lord. I give a clue, it is not to be found among the present Sikhs. They will have to look for it outside. It is there on this earth. I belong to such sant mandal.

Wahegur ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fathe.

• 6 months later...
Guest kulwant singh nihang

Jat marry non jat this means nothing if you are sikh. If u r a sikh u r not jat nor non jatt u r just a sikh. Saying jat etc is sin itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Jat marry non jat this means nothing if you are sikh. If u r a sikh u r not jat nor non jatt u r just a sikh. Saying jat etc is sin itself.

it does mean nothing if you are a true sikh , but how many people are.

There are so many who dont want to acknowledge , Amrit , rehat etc, but still call themselves sikhs, then you have people who call themselves ravidassis etc. until everyone does not follow the teachings of Guru Gobind singh ji and take amrit keep rehat and accept SGGS JI as there only Guru then caste will be a issue

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

VJKK VJKF

I completely agree with this. If we don't stop then how will the later generations cope with this nonsense? They are already being ruined by the western world and we don't need to plant this seed of castes into their brains. We can help change the future generations... :) 

VJKK VJKF

In modern way of naming , surnames of a family is common. If we just kept "singh" and "kaur" akin to surname , then how does that fit in the current world convention ? as in how do we clear those hurdles ?

I have been called "Mr Kaur" (they assumed our surname is kaur when I was with my mom), and ladies "Mrs Singh"

On 09/03/2010 at 7:47 PM, Surajsingh said:

There is no harm in having caste. It's just a title of your forefathers and nothing else. The main problem within Sikhism is caste based discrimination. Try to work on getting rid of caste based prejudice, which is the main concern, Sikh society facing at this time. We are Sikhs and everyone is our brothers/sister.

If Guru Nanak Dev ji said that there everything wrong with having a caste system ...who are we to go against Guru Sahiban ? In fact it is how the hindus are keeping us divided , imagine a world where all the sikhs from poorer backgrounds intermarried with more prosperous educated ones it will make better  the general opportunities  for the panth and the skillset and knowledge shared and crosspollinated will make us unassailable. There is a need to act on Guru Pita ji's advice to make marriage about spreading love and honour not business transactions/extortions.

We would be saving the panth from this sin of not seeing our panth as a family of one jaat -humanity

• The topic was unpinned