Sign in to follow this  
K. SINGH DEEP

Caste System In Sikhi [Late S. K.Singh Deep Ji's last message for all of us]

GURU roop Sadh Sangat jeeo,

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

Caste system realy needs to be eradicated from Sikhi.

But no one is doing some thing for practical implication of the same and everybody

just talks ,gives quotes from Gurbaani . Can any body from so called higher castes

can marry his daugtrer/son to a boy /daughter from so called lower caste? If yes,

it is O.K. and if no , please forgive me , we are only so called Sikhs or BHEKHI SIKHS

and not real SIKHS.

I being an Amritdhari ,wanted to marry an Amritdhari SIKH Girl in 1979-80 and

advertised in a leading Punjabi news papper mentioning especially "Caste no bar"but

got response from only 2 references one was from Sandhu Jats and another from

Ahluwalia family.Because I had decided for inter caste marriage and that too without

dowry and with Baraat of only 5 persons including Myself ,Ihad no option other than the

Ahluwalia familys Girl who ( now my SINGHANI )was Amritdhari too. Though I had to

make all out and very hard efforts to get my mother agreed for it.

One of my brothers daughter has married a boy from RAVIDASIA family and

the farher of the girl who is my elder brother ,though participared in the marriage

and has also perfomed the Rasam of PALLA PHARANA, is not in talkative terms with

his daughter and her husband and does not allow the couple to enter his house.

I call him BEIMAAN because is hostile in the court of SIKHI and GURU by participating

the marriage ceremony in the presence of GURU GRANTH SAHIB as father of the Girl

but now hasitates to accept the relationship due to society.

So to eradicate the caste system from SIKHI we shall have to be bold enough

to accept rather welome such stories.

Bhul chuk Khnma

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

• Like 3

H4ry    1

It is very true that something needs to be done about jaat paat. But sadly amritdharis let alone other still believe in caste. I got discriminated against just because I wasn't a so called jatt. But remember those who believe in caste Guru Sahib will never accept them.

Jo Sikha Ko Puche Jaat Soh Sikh Nahi Mero Aad Jugaad (Those who ask a sikh's caste, they are not my sikh, they never were, and they never will be) --Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Jee Maharaj)

It is very true that something needs to be done about jaat paat. But sadly amritdharis let alone other still believe in caste. I got discriminated against just because I wasn't a so called jatt. But remember those who believe in caste Guru Sahib will never accept them.

Jo Sikha Ko Puche Jaat Soh Sikh Nahi Mero Aad Jugaad (Those who ask a sikh's caste, they are not my sikh, they never were, and they never will be) --Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Jee Maharaj)

Bhai Nand Lal (Singh) ji in his Rehatnama ,has mentioned at a place:-

"Amrit ko paani kahe ,Sikh ki poochhahe jaat.

Kahe GOBIND SINGH Nand Lal ji ,so sikh jampur jaat."

Whenever we ask some sikh as to which jaat he/she belongs,we

are marching ahead towards NARAK.

Bhul chuk Khima ,

Waheguru ji ka Kkalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

• Like 1

Right on.

I mean I am a "jatt" but i never think that it's a sense of pride or something. I don't believe in the caste system at all. I hate when people discriminate others. It makes me sick.mad.gif

Guest mehtab1singh   
Guest mehtab1singh

Right on.

I mean I am a "jatt" but i never think that it's a sense of pride or something. I don't believe in the caste system at all. I hate when people discriminate others. It makes me sick.mad.gif

Then if you are not married yet, you should marry a bibi who is from non-Jatt family :)

If you are married, make sure your kids marry non-Jatts :)

Deal??? :)

Jagmeet    4

Right on.

Then if you are not married yet, you should marry a bibi who is from non-Jatt family :)

If you are married, make sure your kids marry non-Jatts :)

Deal??? :)

Thats a good deal lol

Guru pyaryo,

I married a non Jat but AMRITDHARI SINGHANI in 1980 and

now in 2007 my elder son too married a non Jat Girl and I am proud

of the same with blessings of Sacha Patshah Dhan Sri Guru Granth

Saheb ji.

Bhul chuk khima, Wahegru ji ka Khalsa Wahegru ji ki Fateh

Yeah, try telling that to my parents. They said if i married a "non-jatt" they would never accept her. Well, I'm still young and have a long time to think about it.biggrin.gif

Guest mehtab1singh   
Guest mehtab1singh
Yeah, try telling that to my parents.
Thats exactly what I want YOU to do :)
They said if i married a "non-jatt" they would never accept her. Well, I'm still young and have a long time to think about it.biggrin.gif
All the best then :)

AmarjitKaur    11

vaise why even get in jat pat at all. Why not, just "not ask" the jaat paat. U meet a girl/boy, see if you click, and never ask that question. move on if you do, otherwise keep going.

Eventually, you would have a life partner what god have written for you, from the jat you are from or not. I don't think God would have wanted to create divisions on who is bigger or better and who is not. God must have just planned to make one human form to get this soul chance to get out of birth-death cycle. But now that there are too many humans (souls in this universe given chance to evolve), we created another drama here on this earth.

I wish we could just see that original plan waheguru jee have for us.

9th Guru jee says

mwns ko jnmu lInu ismrnu nh inmK kInu ]

maanas ko janam leen simaran neh nimakh keen ||

You obtained this human life, but you have not remembered the Lord in meditation, even for an instant.

I believe Guru Gobind Singh jee says this

Manas ki jaat sabe eke pehchanbo : All Humans are of one and treat all humans equally

Waheguru ji mehar karan taa ke asin Baaman vaad, Jatt vaad ,Bhapa vaad,

.................te hor anek vaadan to uchche utthh ke SIKHI de raste utte

chalan da jatan kar sakiye. Dhan guru Granth Sahib ji mehar karan

sanu saryan nu apni sikhiya/Gurmat bakhshan ta ke asin Jaat paat to

uuper utthh ke SIKHI nu samajh sakiye.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fareh

Guest mehtab1singh   
Guest mehtab1singh

Gurujee te Hukam kar chukke ne, par je Sikh sunan nu tiyaar nai fer ki ho sakda?

kbIr swcw siqguru ikAw krY jau isKw mih cUk ]

kabeer saachaa sathigur kiaa karai jo sikhaa mehi chook ||

Kabeer, what can the True Guru do, when His Sikhs are at fault?

AMDy eyk n lwgeI ijau bWsu bjweIAY PUk ]158]

a(n)dhhae eaek n laagee jio baa(n)s bajaaeeai fook ||158||

The blind do not take in any of His Teachings; it is as useless as blowing into bamboo. ||158||

vaise why even get in jat pat at all. Why not, just "not ask" the jaat paat. U meet a girl/boy, see if you click, and never ask that question. move on if you do, otherwise keep going.

Eventually, you would have a life partner what god have written for you, from the jat you are from or not. I don't think God would have wanted to create divisions on who is bigger or better and who is not. God must have just planned to make one human form to get this soul chance to get out of birth-death cycle. But now that there are too many humans (souls in this universe given chance to evolve), we created another drama here on this earth.

Well my parents were very strict on caste, and i was engaged to someone in my own caste. With waheguru's kirpa that bad engagement broke down, then they were suddenly ok with me finding my own guy outside of the caste.

But after i've been on shaadi.com they are not too keen on the idea anymore....ive found that a lot of families are not willing to accept a daughter-in-law from a different caste. I tell my parents about every guy i have spoken to on there (becuase i don't want to do something that they disapprove of), and the amount of times i have said to them i'm not in contact with x person anymore, turns out caste would be an issue...is really bad! It has sort of confirmed what their fears were before; that i would be treated differently or looked down on if marrying someone from a different caste.

I personally think it wouldn't work if marrying into a family that are big on caste, even if your partner wasn't. Because it already creates a divide and it would be a horrible position to put your husband in!

So, it would be awesome for everyone to be able to go out there and marry someone they love regardless of caste, but in reality i think us as a sikh community are a very long way from getting there.

Apologies if i have offended anyone.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

AmarjitKaur    11

After I hear countless stories about how their parents are strict about caste etc., I have one answer to all these people. GUys/gals you are going to get married to someone sooner than later. YOu are going to have kids and they are going to grow up. And you need to really really make sure that you don't teach your kids about jat pat at all. Some of it they are going to learn from sikhi camps, schools etc., community in general. But make sure you tell them you are ok with their kids choice. you are blind/deaf/immune to the caste disease.

Lets not carry over the caste disease to next generation.

Surajsingh    1

There is no harm in having caste. It's just a title of your forefathers and nothing else. The main problem within Sikhism is caste based discrimination. Try to work on getting rid of caste based prejudice, which is the main concern, Sikh society facing at this time. We are Sikhs and everyone is our brothers/sister.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

•   Lord, make me an instrument of your peace... (a humble prayer)   Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
      Where there is injury, pardon;
      Where there is doubt, faith;
      Where there is despair, hope;
      Where there is darkness, light;
      Where there is sadness, joy; O Lord, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
      To be understood as to understand;
      To be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive;
      It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
      And it is in dying(bhakti kills ego) that we are born to eternal life(mukti).   Sat Sree Akal.
    •   “Our prayers are answered not when we are given what we ask, (that is our karam) but when we are challenged to be what we can be." (that is His kirpa). Sat Sree Akal.
    •   6 Signs of Spiritual Transformations   Clarity means being awake to yourself around the clock, in waking, sleeping and dreaming. Instead of being overshadowed by externals, your awareness is always open to itself. Clarity feels totally alert, and carefree. Knowingness means being in touch with the level of the mind where every question is answered. It is related to genius, although knowingness isn't focused on music, mathematics, or other specific subjects. Your area of knowledge is life itself and the movement of consciousness on every level. Knowingness feels wise, confident, unshakable, and yet humble. Reverence for life means being in touch with the life force. You feel the same power flowing through you as through every living thing; even the dust in a beam of light dances to the same rhythm. Reverence for life feels warm, connected and exhilarating. Non-violence means being in harmony with every action. There is no opposition between what you do and what anyone else does. Your desires do not clash with another person's well-being. When you look around you see conflict in the world at large but not in your world. You emanate peace like a force field that subdues conflict in your surroundings. Non-violence feels peaceful, still and completely without resistance. Fearlessness means total security. Fear is a jolt from the past; it reminds us of the moment when we left a place of belonging and found ourselves in a place of vulnerability. Fear is born of separation, implying that the original cause of fear was the loss of unity. Ultimately, that separation is not a fall from grace but a loss of who you really are. To be fearless feels, therefore, like yourself. Wholeness means including everything, leaving nothing out. At present we each experience life sliced up into bits of time, bits of experience, bits of activity. We cling to our limited sense of self to protect the slices from falling apart. But it's impossible to find continuity in this way, hard as the ego tries in its struggle to make life hang together. Wholeness is a state beyond personality. It emerges when "I am" as it applies to you is the same "I am" everywhere. Wholeness feels solid, eternal, without beginning or end.
    • In regards to the Kashmir issue. Pakistan claims the ENTIRETY of Kashmir, as does India. Which is faulty.  Pakistan's claim was that it's a Muslim majority province and thus should be acceded to Pakistan. However, with that being true, one fact has to noted: There is a Hindu/Buddhist/Sikh Majority in the Jammu and Ladakh region, with significant minorities in Kargil (Southern Kargil is majority non-Muslim) and Doda. If anything, it would have to be partitioned like The Panjab and the Bengal. And that wouldn't solve Pakistan's water insecurity. 
    • What debate? Half of all you people talk as if the last book you read was in primary school (I guess someone's gotta keep the Kathavachiks in Business).  I'm here mostly to discuss, learn, give info, and correct.  And I just don't like people that push the pro-Pakistani narrative, or those who really have no business here, faith wise. 🤷🏽‍♂️