Power Of Sukhmani Sahib

singhawk

When I first started doing Sukhmani Sahib with 100% devotion, everything started going wrong in life. I was surprised/shocked and could not understand what is going on. For 2 months, it was like every single day going wrong [from morning to night every single day]. I thought that I might be making some mistake in pronunciation or not doing at the right time (ie ambrosial hour).

I kept going on, since I was completely surrendered to the Sukhmani Sahib and sacrifice of Guru Arjan Dev. However, one day everything stopped suddenly and reverse started to happen and I started to experience the real peace which soothed my mind and Sukhmani Sahib got absorbed in my mind. I do not have a very strong memory [to actually remember anything else of that duration], but even I was surprised as to how 1 hour long Sukhmani Sahib got absorbed into my mind. I was able to recite complete Sukhmani Sahib from mind after just devotion of 3-5 months.

After several months, I asked my Mummy as to why this I have experienced while doing Sukhmani Sahib. She told me that when they were in college, they also used to do Sukhmani Sahib along with others family members, but even at that point we experienced this. All members got scared and thought that they might have done something wrong while doing it or made some mistake. They eventually stopped since they were unable to understand since it started effecting their studies/marks and whole lot of other things. However, one day they too discussed with a granthi jee who was truly into spiritualism. He told them that sometimes God will make it a habit to TEST those are truly following his path. Those who pass this TEST realise what is the true meaning of the Sukhmani Sahib. This experience is mostly heard from those who are devoted to Sukhmani Sahib. Later I came to know from my father that my Dadi was also commited to Sukhmani Sahib and she could recite it from mind while doing her daily household work. However, she left this world before I was born, so I never got a chance to meet her.

It is a way of life and you will find best analysis of complete life in Sukhmani Sahib. However, one must only read it for the love of god and sacrifice of Guru Arjan Dev because otherwise one would never be understand the true meaning of Sukhmani Sahib.

It changed my life completely. From a mere stone, I got turned into Gold both at professional level and spiritual level. :)

Pls share if you ever had any such experiences in life while doing gurbani/path. :rolleyes:

hey wat sort of wrong,i mean sm major set backs?n one thing more did u ever get bad n insulting feeling for any guru ji's or anybdy during dat time?tell me plz.

hey wat sort of wrong,i mean sm major set backs?n one thing more did ever get bad n insulting feeling for any guru ji's or anybdy duringh dat time?tell me plz.

Maybe there are times when God test its true followers, but even then one must remain connected with the Divine. This is all I wanted to share.

Sorry if I hurt anyone with my personal experience. :sad: I meant no disrespect to anyone. It was just my personal experience and my mothers. Maybe it will never happen to others, but if it happens one must understand that it is also love of God to test its followers.

Gurbani is a time release capsule. It will take a while before we start to realise the full benefits. We have to pay for our past deeds but when we read Gurbani on a daily nitnem basis , the heat of Gurbani will burn the dukh inside us. Be patient , you will see and benefit from the results immensley.

A giant acorn tree starts from a seed smaller than a pin head. It steadily grows to gargantuan proportions.

Guru ji's command is:

Read Gurbani daily.

Reflect on the teachings of Gurbani.

Adopt the teachings.

Maybe there are times when God test its true followers, but even then one must remain connected with the Divine. This is all I wanted to share.

Sorry if I hurt anyone with my personal experience. :sad: I meant no disrespect to anyone. It was just my personal experience and my mothers. Maybe it will never happen to others, but if it happens one must understand that it is also love of God to test its followers.

hey u didnt gt me.i mean to say dat,see i tell u my prob.i startd doing jaap n simran,n suddenly wild n dirtiest thoughts startd cming to my mind regarding all guru ji's, bhraham giyanis',n even regarding my dear ones.more over i faced major blow in ma life wich shattered me into pieces.till date am not able to do even ardas by heart,as al dat thoughts hit me again.not for a split second i say dat its coz of jaap n simran,coz i hv full faith in gurbani.its soo long me fighting like dis.i mean such powerfull is dat thought procees dat it never let me demand or beg during ardas.for exmpl say i do ardas for smthing i want ,strong voice from inside will say i dont want it,n suppose i do ardas so dat i pass my exam dat voice will say please fail me n its hell strong.,i lost dat thing for wch i usd to do ardas n meditation,but i still do,in HOPE.my quest in--

1.does waheguru ji is saying (by giving wild thoughts) dat dont ask me dat thing for whc u r doing meditation n ardas , u won get it.

2.he is testing me,no matter how wired d test is.

virji first of all throw this outtah ur mind that something can go wrong if you recite bani.. bani can never have negative effects.. what i think is that ur problems were minimized by gurbani.. probably u were to face some big problems and gurbani minimized them with minimum impact on ur life or on anything it was meant to be..

virji first of all throw this outtah ur mind that something can go wrong if you recite bani.. bani can never have negative effects.. what i think is that ur problems were minimized by gurbani.. probably u were to face some big problems and gurbani minimized them with minimum impact on ur life or on anything it was meant to be..

It could be possible that since I started reading Sukhmani Sahib I was not able to pronounce baani correctly. Maybe my mistake [unintentional] due to which I felt that experience.

But what I wanted to say that even Gold has to pass through Furnace, but even then it doesnt loose its Shine and remains as Gold. The True Color of Khalsa is also Gold. :rolleyes:

Similarly, even if we have to face any hardships we must remain connected with Waheguru.

hey u didnt gt me.i mean to say dat,see i tell u my prob.i startd doing jaap n simran,n suddenly wild n dirtiest thoughts startd cming to my mind regarding all guru ji's, bhraham giyanis',n even regarding my dear ones.more over i faced major blow in ma life wich shattered me into pieces.till date am not able to do even ardas by heart,as al dat thoughts hit me again.not for a split second i say dat its coz of jaap n simran,coz i hv full faith in gurbani.its soo long me fighting like dis.i mean such powerfull is dat thought procees dat it never let me demand or beg during ardas.for exmpl say i do ardas for smthing i want ,strong voice from inside will say i dont want it,n suppose i do ardas so dat i pass my exam dat voice will say please fail me n its hell strong.,i lost dat thing for wch i usd to do ardas n meditation,but i still do,in HOPE.my quest in--

1.does waheguru ji is saying (by giving wild thoughts) dat dont ask me dat thing for whc u r doing meditation n ardas , u won get it.

2.he is testing me,no matter how wired d test is.

If you find unable to concentrate on Gurbani, I would request you to recite "Waheguru" whenever you feel like saying so.

I have a habit that before going to sleep, I keep reciting Waheguru Waheguru and I go to sleep.:rolleyes: Maybe you can also try this. It will bring a new awakening in you when you wake up next morning. :)

The way I have understood so far and heard from someone too, that when we start walking on sikhi path (whichever way, recite sukhmani sahib or just do your full nitnem or include asa dee vaar or whatever else you love to read, whole Gurbani is good, more the merrier) then the panj chor (kam krodh lobh moh ahankar) come in your way one by one. They like to turn you back from your sikhi path. They like to get you to do things you have been doing before. But now that you stand strong in their way and do not give in to them, problems come.

and after sometime you learn how to bend your life to adjust to new you. Problems minimize slowly slowly as you have changed your ways. You have become attuned to Universe. The enemies dont' seem enemies anymore. Your routine changed. You are new person now, not the same one you used to be, when you didn't think of your life seriously. Now you just started living your life in a real way. Before you were passing time, going with flow, doing what the rest of the world does (eat, sleep, poop, work, career, study, exams deadlines etc. etc.). Now the meaning got added to your life and you are understanding what you doing, why you doing. You don't see yourself as just yourself. You see yourself as part of the ocean world. Remember we are the drops to make an ocean. Now you realized that.

Its like you are walking on this road to your school for last 5 or whatever years, and all of a sudden you started taking other road, of course you are going to face problems. And they do seem big to us as we are not used to them and gets time to understand the problems on hand and takes time how to tackle them.

That would be my reading from what you mentioned.