The Rumalla Company

TheRumallaCo

wahegur jeeo,

bery bery nice picturs and bery quality thing.

maaph karna but what is point of this thing when guru g is not really impressed by material things but is hunger for pyaar?

i dont believe that sharda and barosa is measured by over priced rumallas.

plus your company name is no good should it not be the rummalla sahib compnee?

seem like another persons out to ripp off sadh sangata ju know. who knows may even be amritdaree!

in this time of kaljug nothing is done with truth everything putha (upside down). why not rumaala sahib not available for £5 £10 vat is the mark up i vonder?

in the sikh history many sanagat came to guru g with many offerings but accepted only humble devoteees honest truthful bheta.

we as comuunity need to go avay from the material schemes and promote more sharda through the reading of gurbani simran kirtan doing of good deeds which are selfless and not for the selfish gain.

vidia veeeeeecharri taa parupkaaree.

at this momoent in time sikh is the most decietful being on the planet.

any vays dont take offence just voicing my concerns ju know

any case all da best hanna.

bye4 now

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Sharda is indeed important, which is why Sikhs go out of their way to buy the best they can for Guru Sahib. Guru Ji is the king of kings and they gave everything for us, yet we complain about the price of Rumalla Sahibs!

Many of us have no problem buying good clothes etc for ourselves, but when it comes to Guru Sahib, then only sharda is important.

(Please don't take this as a personal comment - it's just a general observation)

whats with the freshy accent? Its good to know i have the well wishings of judgmental sikh brothers and sisters, who instead of supporting a new Sikh business venture slate it....

thank you matheen paji.... btw 13 guru .... why post from an account created 3 years ago which only has 15 posts? Why not post from you actual account instead of hiding behind a secondary account??

I do agree with the above poster to some extent.

On one side, our Gurus taught us simplicity, on other side we would put on facny cloths and fancy Rumala Sahib for Guru Sahib. I am against both.

I personally believe in simple cloths.

And Same goes for Rumala Sahib, simple and doing the purpose.

Even though I won't mind little bit decoration on my clothes and won't mind on Rumala sahib either. But, by seeing the pics you have put above and the price you put, I was like really?????????. I am sure, Babaji would be much much happier if I spend those 100pounds for Haiti victims. Atleast I would be healing the wounded and helping the needy.

You probably came here to advertise your products. But sorry, humans read here and comment as well. Hope you are ready for it.

Last time, I bought Rumala Sahib from a shop in Khanne, the guy told me they don't make much money by selling Rumalas. They sell them not for profit, but to satisfy the needs of the customers. It just covers their cost. I believe I bought them for 400 rupees each. Simple Rumala Sahib.

Even though I won't mind a work done on a dress or suit or Rumala Sahib where I know i am feeding the poor by giving them ruzgar. But i would mind when I know the most of my money would stay in the pocket of the rich middle man, and poor who actually stitched, embroided gets the pennies.

(Of course, while writing above last 2 lines, I am assuming things, but my assumtions are based on what I have seen happenning in general. But if something is not true out of above, I do appologise in advance).

I do agree with the above poster to some extent.

On one side, our Gurus taught us simplicity, on other side we would put on facny cloths and fancy Rumala Sahib for Guru Sahib. I am against both.

I personally believe in simple cloths.

And Same goes for Rumala Sahib, simple and doing the purpose.

Even though I won't mind little bit decoration on my clothes and won't mind on Rumala sahib either. But, by seeing the pics you have put above and the price you put, I was like really?????????. I am sure, Babaji would be much much happier if I spend those 100pounds for Haiti victims. Atleast I would be healing the wounded and helping the needy.

You probably came here to advertise your products. But sorry, humans read here and comment as well. Hope you are ready for it.

Last time, I bought Rumala Sahib from a shop in Khanne, the guy told me they don't make much money by selling Rumalas. They sell them not for profit, but to satisfy the needs of the customers. It just covers their cost. I believe I bought them for 400 rupees each. Simple Rumala Sahib.

Even though I won't mind a work done on a dress or suit or Rumala Sahib where I know i am feeding the poor by giving them ruzgar. But i would mind when I know the most of my money would stay in the pocket of the rich middle man, and poor who actually stitched, embroided gets the pennies.

(Of course, while writing above last 2 lines, I am assuming things, but my assumtions are based on what I have seen happenning in general. But if something is not true out of above, I do appologise in advance).

I dont think there is anything wrong with expensive ramalas, its all about pyar, i mean look at golden temple thats only gold because of donations of sangat and there pyar. Same goes for other such things like Sant Mani Singh i believe was working on making Guru Granth Sahib out of gold, to the normal person it might sound riduclous but that is no what matters, to premis it makes perfect sense.

Theek aa jee, as you wish. But i just hope that these premis do give a bread to a poor when a begger stands on their way to Golden temple.

I wish all these premies found GOD in GOD's created animals being killed everyday on roads, beggers from whom we roll up windows of the vehicle, the birds being shot just for fun, the chickens killed just to satisfy taste buds.

And those earned dollars/pounds/rupees sometime do come from marking up the prices so high to force the poor to pay for atta s/he needs to fulfill the needs of the little kids stomach.

I wish we all believed in huk sach dee kamai. and wish we all poured our prem for Guru sahib in the form of vand chhakna and helping the helpless.

Sometimes I do try to picture Bhagat pooran singh in comman man. unfortunately, rub ne virle hee banaye ne Bhagat Pooran Singh.

Theek aa jee, as you wish. But i just hope that these premis do give a bread to a poor when a begger stands on their way to Golden temple.

I wish all these premies found GOD in GOD's created animals being killed everyday on roads, beggers from whom we roll up windows of the vehicle, the birds being shot just for fun, the chickens killed just to satisfy taste buds.

And those earned dollars/pounds/rupees sometime do come from marking up the prices so high to force the poor to pay for atta s/he needs to fulfill the needs of the little kids stomach.

I wish we all believed in huk sach dee kamai. and wish we all poured our prem for Guru sahib in the form of vand chhakna and helping the helpless.

Sometimes I do try to picture Bhagat pooran singh in comman man. unfortunately, rub ne virle hee banaye ne Bhagat Pooran Singh.

yes i agree with you also on that we shud also help the wider community especialy the poor that is a must, but what can you do the gurdwareh these days are chor, well the comitees are and such corruption is having effect on the sangat, Gurdwareh these days hardly have any sprituality left in them, they have become a place to argue and gossip and abused

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

To TheRumallaCo - AWESOME!!! Glad that you are taking up this seva. We the Sikhs call Guru Sahib the King of Kings, but dress Guru Sahib in clothing valued less than one of our own shirts! Keep it up...it never hurts to have another option when shopping for Sikhi related items.

To all those others: Look, this is a SIKH businessman trying to do something good for GURU SAHIB. ENCOURAGEMENT would be nice. It's great how when someone does anything in the community that the first thing the community does is attack that person or try to find negatives. Here is someone who is trying to make Royal garbs for the Supreme Royal Entity of the World - try words like "Good" and "Keep it Up".

As per the whole arguement for helping the needy: true, that's great and a truly noble sentiment. But the fact is that the Sikh community is quite rich. We could actually spend more money for an Iphone cover than many do on Rumalla Sahibs. Or take it this way - how many of us kit up our cars for thousands and find spending 100 or so for a decent Rumalla Sahib too much? Fact is that Sikhs have enough money these days to dress Guru Sahib quite handsomely AND donate to the poor without being in debt.

Granted, Guru Sahib did indeed say that the poor person's mouth is the Guru's Golak and our duty is to do seva of the poor. But given today's situation, I see no reason why Gurughars, which spend thousands upon thousands on upgrading the buildings and applying marble, decorations and whatnot could not afford a decent pair of clothes for Guru Sahib (have you checked out the white Rumalla Sahibs at some Gurughars with the pen marks and visible stains... :@:@:@ ). If we are able to dress ourselves in clothing in which each piece costs upwards of 50 dollars/pounds, should we really be wincing at spending for Guru Sahib? This is the reality - this is not the Puratan days where Sikhs are eating leaves from trees and sleeping on horseback - our langar is richer than most restaurants and our bedrooms are bigger than some Sachkhand Sahib rooms of Gurughars.

In the end, it is a question of Prem and Sharda - there are those who will spend hours making the Rumalla Sahibs for Guru Sahib by hand. There are those who will spend 1000s on a good Rumalla Sahib, there are those who live simply, earn meagerly but make sure that Guru Sahib's Rumalla Sahibs are immaculate, though simple. Guru Sahib knows all. And Guru Sahib also knows of those who would buy a 1000 pound Rumalla Sahib with money used to cheat others. As long as the intentions are pure, Guru Sahid is ever-blessing.

Done ranting...sorry.

Well, I would have to speak up again. Don't label all the committees around the world. My husband happened to be the part of committee (actually treasurer). he is just finishing up his turn. He took this responsibililty to do the sewa. At times, he did get frustrated with it from people questioning the finances when they themselves don't even donate a penny.

But I kept reminding him "just do sewa like your serving the GURU". Now that he is retiring from his sewa, he has mixed feelings of being happy to be done with it but at the same time not to be able to do committed sewa anymore. Well, I again remind him there are 100 more types of sewas available at GURUGhars to do.

Anyways, I thought I should voice my opinion. I do request to the lot who think committees are corrupt to next time volunteer as one of the sevadars. By being the wife of the committee member, I heard lot of complaints from people. I have encouraged to all of them to step up and do what they dream the committee should do.

You know in general, we are so good at complaining, whining, but when it comes to actually serve the committee responsibiltiy, we do shy away saying that my work, or house condition or the studies (or whatever else excuse we have) doesn't allow me to committ to do this sewa. People, either quit complaining or get in action.

and btw, how did you relate the expensive rumala sahib with committees being corrupt ??

and who made the Gurudwaras social clubs anyways??

sadly, answer is us.

IF all the readers out there, who are reading my this message, next time go to Gurudwara Sahib, make a resolution, only to do sewa and listen to keertan, didn't we just improve may be 10% of the problem in Gurudwaras (assuming that 10% of the population is reading SS forum). Don't gossip, don't ask how their dog is doing, how the business is doing, the friends wedding and her dress was fabulous, my trip to india was great and would share the pictures on flickr or facebook, whatever else you talk about.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

"I see no reason why Gurughars, which spend thousands upon thousands on upgrading the buildings and applying marble, decorations and whatnot could not afford a decent pair of clothes for Guru Sahib (have you checked out the white Rumalla Sahibs at some Gurughars with the pen marks and visible stains... ). "

The statement is specific to those Gurudwaras which do the above, not all Gurudwaras. You may be reading too much into it.

As for serving on committees, yeah, been there and tried that as "active members" (aka. doing more than some committee members) and the result was being essentially made to feel unwelcome because we sought to take a stance per the Akal Takht Maryada which was being violated by a Gurudwara which claimed 100% compliance with Akal Takht Maryada. This was not written to highlight how much seva we have done (cause frankly, we haven't), but it is well worth bringing up "the other side" of the committee experience, where Sikhs with a genuine interest in helping the community and abiding with Panthic decisions are thrown out of/made unwelcome in Gurudwaras - going as far as inviting parchariks that oppose the Panth's views to irritate the active sevadaars and actually having the nerve to demand that the sevadaars apologize in front of the Sangat despite the committee violating the Panthic Hukamnamas. Especially true when the youth gets involved, because a lot of Gurudwara elders in committees are worried that the youth will throw them out of "their Gurudwara". When the youth does get involved, opposition from the committees is apparent within months because of this threat to their "positions" (it stopped being about seva for some of them a long time ago) and they find every little excuse to make you look bad in front of the Sangat.

Again, the above is not to be applied to all Gurudwaras (exceptions to the rule are always in existence), but the above is unfortunately more common than uncommon. My experience, and certainly not a unique one.