Sonia Deol's Father Jailed For False Translations At Court

BiggChan

Point taken matheen although one could argue that misfortune is something that an individual can not control whereas it appears Mr. Sidhu seems to have voluntarily and with full knowledge committed the crime for which he has been convicted.

It isn't right to make fun of others misfortune, even if you think it's right.

Willingly engaging in criminal activities and then being found guilty in a Court of Law of said activity is NOT misfortune. It is, quite simply, exactly what it says on the tin : Criminal Activity.

The public shaming of convicted criminals is very much part of the punishment process in this country. From the public galleries in the courtroom to the community service...everything is designed to cause the criminal public shame. So, not only is it right...it is also part of the established law. Never should anyone feel that they can engage in criminal activity and then quietly have a word with a judge in a room with nobody listening and nobody knowing.

It might not have obtained as many responses but I still would have posted it albeit with a different title. The case has more implications than just Mr. Sidhu being Sonia's father. This was not the only Punjabi language case in which he has translated. The community has a right to be made aware just in case a miscarriage of justice has taken place on the basis of his translations in any other case.

I should do a personal journey documentary about her dad in prison. i should also include an interview with Mazher Mahmood allowing him to give a full account of his side of the story.

and if you watch the documentry you might get to know my real name!... paneer monster isnt my real name by the way hahaha..

Please excuse my insensitivity.

maby her dad should change his sikh name....

"he may have started out as a sikh but he didnt end as a sikh let me tell you" haha

i remember sidhuwalley, he was rather a no nonsence fellow... a peoples man... very charasmatic...

i recall a meeting where my toe touched his contract papers...

he and his team were always walking around armed with biros and writing pads.., he threw me a deadly look like he was going to use them on me. rather intimidating ...

hahaha

HAHA! Best Replies Ever! ROFL! 10/10, Made my day. :)

I was just wondering. The outcome of a case becomes known usually weeks before the handing out of sentence. Her father may have been convicted days or weeks before he was sentenced. So what i am assuming is that she probably deleted her page from facebook so that she does not get comments on her upbringing and character when the sentence becomes public. She made it look like she deleted because of critisicm of documentry when the actual reason might be this (conviction of her parent) as a person whose integrity is not free from criminal inclination cannot be trusted to be honest, esp while presenting others characters. Just a thought.

In the documentary (sorry I mean personal journey), she did refer to her father as her 'rock' so it would only be natural to assume she wanted to protect herself and her father from obvious references people would make about his bad character possibly having influenced her upbringing. Therefore it is quite possible that she deleted the page to tactically deflect attention off herself and her father.