What Are Amritdhari Couple Aloud To Wear On Their Wedding?

SinghniKaur

Guest Khalsa-Pure

Yeah and 3HO believe that female amritdhari Sikhs cannot cut the hair on their head, but all other facial and body hair can be removed!

I wouldn't take them as an example!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ke fatehh

To the posters that regard the rejection of make up and jewellery as "narrow/close mindedness" its a benti in your charan please understand that if maharaj told their own mehal their own wife tht wearing of make up and jewellery for a sikh if incorrect then one MUST adhere to these instructions. Can we see Mata Ganga ji the essence of humility and such a sat-bachani sikh of Guru sahib wearing make up and denying Guru sahibs hukam?

Is Bhai Deya Singh ji wrong, the first panj pyaara to stand up and merge thier "self" into mahraj's self, to say that one that wears make up and jewellery is sinful?

suramaadhik shi(n)gaar nehi(n) nehi(n) par tharunee sa(n)gi

Do not wear make-up or jewellery. Do not commit adultery.

Rehatnama Bhai Daya Singh Jee

Penji if you feel like you want to discuss this, you are free to PM me. We can not look at other people and say that so and so does this, let's look at those shining examples in sikhi that stood out with their prem, sharda and bani, look at brahmgyani Mata Bhaag Kaur ji who had not a care in the world even for clothes let alone this facades.

Following one's man makes one a manmukh, and rejecting maharaj makes one a vemukhl and by doing either one shallnot merge into the Lord as their is still a wall of separation i..e ego in between.

True marriage is the mergence of the soul with the Lord... :)

Discarding worldly adornments, she meets her Husband Lord, and she celebrates joyfully with Him. She is adorned forever with the Name in her mind, and she does not have even an iota of filth.

" Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! "

I want to know that:

1) Are Amritdhari women aloud to wear bridal bangle's (Churah)?

2) Is an Amritdhari women aloud to wear a langha, saree, etc... on their wedding day?

3) What type of jewelry are they aloud to wear?

That's all I want to know for the time being, but I'll contact you all for more topics that I am confused about.

vjkk vjkf

well in my opinions...an amrithari women should hve none of these things on in the furst place!,,,why wear them wne mahraj has given u everything u need? y damage natural beauty? in my opinion... it looks stoopid for a distar tying bibi wearing a lehngha, bangles,jewleary, saree,make up! its unappropriate..hw does that mke us diffrent form others if we do exaclty the sme things???.were the daughters of guru gobind singh ji,,, why wld u wna cover ur self up in jewleray mke up n silly clothes...it jst mkae su look lyk a clown,,,

so yeh i dnt think an amrithari bibi should not hve any of these things on at her wedin, be nyc n simple....were meant to be representing the khalsa panth!

lookin gorwrd to more replies....

im also learnin 4give me is i said anyting wrng

vjkk vjkf

well hanji hanji you might be right in your way in your opinion... but i was confused about that wether you should wear it or not! but on youtube you will find the wedding of

**Siri Chand And Tej**...in that video you will see that mrs tej is wearing a langha and jewelry... and has mehndi on her hands... what do you think about that??

i think Waheguru Ji have gave females the right to look beautiful and should not pluck their eye brows or cut any peice of hair!!

this is the video of siri chand and tej's wedding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0lXOIdJJfA

3ho Gursikhs have some differences in their lifestyle, like for example, the place of jewellry, piercings. Take the good and look beyond the shortcomings.

http://www.sikhnet.com/news/tanveergursharan-sikh-wedding-two-parts

This was a video posted recently on Sikhnet about a Gursikh couple's wedding. You don't have to follow "traditional" customs to look beautiful.

DSC_0024

Doli

Racinder Singh & Sandeep Kaur after the wedding

Some Gursikh weddings.

It's a good note to make all those that say go ahead and wear make up etc, etc, are speaking about making their own decisions. The hint whether to wear dust and rocks is right there. At least we can learn something from the foolish people.

Maybe someone else can present a shabad here that tells us who we must FOLLOW.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ke fatehh

To the posters that regard the rejection of make up and jewellery as "narrow/close mindedness" its a benti in your charan please understand that if maharaj told their own mehal their own wife tht wearing of make up and jewellery for a sikh if incorrect then one MUST adhere to these instructions. Can we see Mata Ganga ji the essence of humility and such a sat-bachani sikh of Guru sahib wearing make up and denying Guru sahibs hukam?

Is Bhai Deya Singh ji wrong, the first panj pyaara to stand up and merge thier "self" into mahraj's self, to say that one that wears make up and jewellery is sinful?

suramaadhik shi(n)gaar nehi(n) nehi(n) par tharunee sa(n)gi

Do not wear make-up or jewellery. Do not commit adultery.

Rehatnama Bhai Daya Singh Jee

Penji if you feel like you want to discuss this, you are free to PM me. We can not look at other people and say that so and so does this, let's look at those shining examples in sikhi that stood out with their prem, sharda and bani, look at brahmgyani Mata Bhaag Kaur ji who had not a care in the world even for clothes let alone this facades.

Following one's man makes one a manmukh, and rejecting maharaj makes one a vemukhl and by doing either one shallnot merge into the Lord as their is still a wall of separation i..e ego in between.

True marriage is the mergence of the soul with the Lord... smile.gif

Discarding worldly adornments, she meets her Husband Lord, and she celebrates joyfully with Him. She is adorned forever with the Name in her mind, and she does not have even an iota of filth.

vjkk vjkf,,,,singhnikaur,,,this is a gd post :) look at it closely:)...

it dosent matter wah other ppl do.....do wat mahraj says :)

vjkk vjkf :)

Guest Singhni

Totally disagree with jassa

how many wives and mothers of purataan gursikhs and mahapurasha's have you seen that wear make up and jewellrey?

Also, if it's acceptable for a woman to wear make up, then that means it's acceptable for a Singh to dye their dharaa black right?!?!

Guest Singhni

Totally disagree with jassa

how many wives and mothers of purataan gursikhs and mahapurasha's have you seen that wear make up and jewellrey?

Also, if it's acceptable for a woman to wear make up, then that means it's acceptable for a Singh to dye their dharaa black right?!?!

I want to know that:

1) Are Amritdhari women aloud to wear bridal bangle's (Churah)?

2) Is an Amritdhari women aloud to wear a langha, saree, etc... on their wedding day?

3) What type of jewelry are they aloud to wear?

That's all I want to know for the time being, but I'll contact you all for more topics that I am confused about.

I dont see a problem in wearing churrah its a cultural thing and a symbol of newly married woman ... i dont think how it affects you spirtualy ... if u cant go to gurdwara or read ur bani or do naam simren ... then wearing churah is wrong if it doesnt do that then it doesnt matter ...

traditional punjabi women's dress was a ghagra ... one should ash her grandmother when she was young what women use to wear answer will be given ... suit comes from afgani and kashmiri people ... looking at the history suit can be classified as more a muslim women dress then a sikh women dress ... what ever u wear it doesnt matter it should be above the line ... lehngha saari or suit ...

some one posted hukamanama of bhai daya singh may be whose ever translated it has more naam simren then bhai daya singh so he added word jwellery to it ... it calls shinghar thats make up ... wear simple makeup ... some people dont know what is make up they classify even kajal as makeup where history records mata ji use to put kajal even in the eyes of guru gobind singh ji ... jewellery yes its allowed it should also be in the line of not showing of ...

Churrah not about Sikhi culture, it's all about Punjabi culture, just like bhangra. Just reading Gurbani doesn't really mean much. Guru Sahib says adorn yourself with the word of the Guru's Shabad. Otherwise your living in duality. And it doesn't make sense to wear make up one day or just when you go out because if your doing it just for the Lord then you should have make up on and jewellery on 24/7 just how we are told to have simran on the tongue 24/7. It would only make sense. Jewellery and make up come off at night, when no one is around, but the 5 kakkar stay on!

Also diamonds, gold, rubies, pearls, flashly metals are considered jewellery. Why doesn't a bride or a groom wear plastic or wood as jewellery. Why not a necklace made out of wood and earrings made out of wood and plastic with not flash? It's always got to be that flashy metal or diamond, not much gold though, I guess the Mr. T style is out now(But the Punjabis are hooked ont gold like a crack addict hooked on crack). Are these people seeking for attention, they serious need to see a doctor. They probably got some self-esteem issues aswell.

The only people that can wear jewellery or make up are the ones that have adorned themselves with Guru's Shabad. But these are the Gursikhs that don't wear dust and rocks. And if they do then first match their spirituality and then follow in their footsteps.

I dont see a problem in wearing churrah its a cultural thing and a symbol of newly married woman ... i dont think how it affects you spirtualy ... if u cant go to gurdwara or read ur bani or do naam simren ... then wearing churah is wrong if it doesnt do that then it doesnt matter ...

traditional punjabi women's dress was a ghagra ... one should ash her grandmother when she was young what women use to wear answer will be given ... suit comes from afgani and kashmiri people ... looking at the history suit can be classified as more a muslim women dress then a sikh women dress ... what ever u wear it doesnt matter it should be above the line ... lehngha saari or suit ...

some one posted hukamanama of bhai daya singh may be whose ever translated it has more naam simren then bhai daya singh so he added word jwellery to it ... it calls shinghar thats make up ... wear simple makeup ... some people dont know what is make up they classify even kajal as makeup where history records mata ji use to put kajal even in the eyes of guru gobind singh ji ... jewellery yes its allowed it should also be in the line of not showing of ...

I agree. Just think about it, talk to your family, and make sure you are okay with whatever choice that you choose to make