What Are Amritdhari Couple Aloud To Wear On Their Wedding?

SinghniKaur

" Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! "

I want to know that:

1) Are Amritdhari women aloud to wear bridal bangle's (Churah)?

2) Is an Amritdhari women aloud to wear a langha, saree, etc... on their wedding day?

3) What type of jewelry are they aloud to wear?

That's all I want to know for the time being, but I'll contact you all for more topics that I am confused about.

Guest RandomGurl

I want to know that:

2) Is an Amritdhari women aloud to wear a langha, saree, etc... on their wedding day?

That's all I want to know for the time being, but I'll contact you all for more topics that I am confused about.

vjkk vjkf

well in my opinions...an amrithari women should hve none of these things on in the furst place!,,,why wear them wne mahraj has given u everything u need? y damage natural beauty? in my opinion... it looks stoopid for a distar tying bibi wearing a lehngha, bangles,jewleary, saree,make up! its unappropriate..hw does that mke us diffrent form others if we do exaclty the sme things???.were the daughters of guru gobind singh ji,,, why wld u wna cover ur self up in jewleray mke up n silly clothes...it jst mkae su look lyk a clown,,,

so yeh i dnt think an amrithari bibi should not hve any of these things on at her wedin, be nyc n simple....were meant to be representing the khalsa panth!

lookin gorwrd to more replies....

im also learnin 4give me is i said anyting wrng

vjkk vjkf

Guest Jasdeep Kaur

I want to know that:

Waheguru Jee Kaa Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

1) I wouldn't

2) I wouldn't

3) I wouldn't

I understand that its "wedding day," suppose to be a very "important" day

but i personally think simplicity is best, even if its your wedding

Sikhi is all about simplicity, and i think simple women look better anyways!

I think an amritdhari women can do anything she wants to, wear anything she wants too, but everyone has their different opinion on things

- a 16 year old amritdhari

I want to know that:

1) No.. definitely not... read Baavan Akhree in which Guru Arjan Dev ji wrote for their mehal Mata Ganga ji that one should only wear necklaces around one's neckmade from only the Lord's name and that eyeliner on one's eyes should only be that of giaan (knowledge), maharaj wrote Baavan Akhree after theyr mehal asked them why it was wrong to wear jewellery and make up.

2) No.. you should wear a suit or bana, preferably the 2nd.

3) You should not wear jewellery in the sense of necklaces and earrings etc. but wear the haar shingaar of a sikh, 5 kakkar, dastaar, the lord's name etc.

Hope that helps, when you have taken amrit you have taken a vow to represent Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj, please don't do beadbi of the image that maharaj has blessed you with.

I am sorry and know what i am going to say will probably offend all you fanatics out there. Marriage is supposed to be a union of two people which is pre-destined by Waheguru and why people here believe there should not be a celebration is beyond me. I have been to many amritdhari weddings, and feel that i am going to a funeral, no one is really happy and it is just a mundane affair, whereas Sri Guru Granth Sahib says a wedding is a union to get to god so why not celebrate it.

People in this forum are all to quick to point people in the right direction, why??? cant we make our own decisions, this girl is looking for advice and everyone wants to tell her that she cant do something. Its her \'big day\' and if she wants to wear or do something on it then it is her who will need to explain it to her maker, who are YOU people to judge and tell her no. I dont think there is anything wrong with her wearing what she chooses as long as there is dignity in what she wears, so not wearing a lehga which is showing her midriff etc. What i dont understand is why the men wear choleh with no pyjama and how is this any different??? You bear your legs yet a girl who is supposed to be your equal is not allowed to. I guess many of you dont follow the sikh codes yourself and only apply it when it suits you so i guess you people can call yourselves not a real sikh but bend the rules to suit yourself.

Sikhs are proud and happy people but you people on this forum always put a downer on things. How many girls who are amritdhari wear meakeup on a day to day basis but now this girls is asking she is being \'told off\' for even mentioning it. Double standards if you ask me.

SinghniKaur, i think you should do whatever you want to on your wedding day, this is after all the most important day of your life, you will spend your life with someone who will be your companion and help you reach Waheguru and be at one with your maker. I wish you all the best and just hope your decisions are made, dont regret anything as you wont be able to fix it later as the day has gone. Be happy and believe what you are doing is right and it will be right.

I want to know that:

Urm... All these answers are No. :) Its strictly against Sikhi, to change yourself, what Akaal Purakh Waheguru has made you.

Guru gave us a Bana. not these stupid indian sarees, langhes...

Guest oye hoye

Oh please!!! typical close minded responses by members

1) not sure

2) as per gurbani, wear clothes which do not pollute your mind (and others') and provide appropriate cover and protection for the body

3) comon! it's not against sikhi to wear jewellery!

Even though I don't go around wearing jewellery or advocate that is should be worn, it doesn't mean it's against sikhi. One can easily get egotistical with a nice looking pugh or even bana!

I want to know that:

vjkk vjkf

well in my opinions...an amrithari women should hve none of these things on in the furst place!,,,why wear them wne mahraj has given u everything u need? y damage natural beauty? in my opinion... it looks stoopid for a distar tying bibi wearing a lehngha, bangles,jewleary, saree,make up! its unappropriate..hw does that mke us diffrent form others if we do exaclty the sme things???.were the daughters of guru gobind singh ji,,, why wld u wna cover ur self up in jewleray mke up n silly clothes...it jst mkae su look lyk a clown,,,

so yeh i dnt think an amrithari bibi should not hve any of these things on at her wedin, be nyc n simple....were meant to be representing the khalsa panth!

vjkk vjkf

I want to know that:

vjkk vjkf

vjkk vjkf

well hanji hanji you might be right in your way in your opinion... but i was confused about that wether you should wear it or not! but on youtube you will find the wedding of

**Siri Chand And Tej**...in that video you will see that mrs tej is wearing a langha and jewelry... and has mehndi on her hands... what do you think about that??

i think Waheguru Ji have gave females the right to look beautiful and should not pluck their eye brows or cut any peice of hair!!

this is the video of siri chand and tej's wedding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0lXOIdJJfA