Puraatan Kachere

Guest shastr

It's pretty clear that it's not about what we wear on the outside but about the mind. Bani clearly says this. But Bani also tell us if you want to play the game of love, then come to me with your head on the palm of your hand. This means when Guru ji tells us that we must keep kachera ang sang as one of the kakaars, our only appropriate response is sat bachan. Gurbani also tells us that through our own efforts we can never succeed, ultimately it is with Guru ji's grace that we can succeed. It's quite clear that those who obey the Guru's teachings, those who come to Him with their head on the palm of their hands, will be in a far better position to receive that grace.

---

Anybody know any place to get proper kachera made near Jagroan? or Ludhiana?

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

do you know if anyone has posted the cutting and sewing instruction on youtube for these kachherey as I can sew rav rectangular ones from scratch but I need to learn this style to be able to make and teach next generation of my family (my Mum taught me when I was a young teenager). I would love to teach these to my boys and girl.

Yah, when young we all 5brothers used to tailor kachera ourselves, its not much difficult. But fir now I rely on Brethern from AKJ. They make really good ones, available at all their functions.We in punjab wear the size just above knees while rhose at hazoor sahib(nanded) and Patna sahib wear the size covering kneecaps , just long enuf to cover knees what we call dakni sryle

puratan kachere were never bellow knees,

puratan singhs even used to tie knot on kachere above knee so that no insect or anything can cross

big huge kachere are not usable in battle and hinder in movement ,

Veer ji

this is not helping the seekers here, if you can provide closeup or instructions on construction that would better