Puraatan Kachere

Guest shastr

khalsa ji, i was wondering who makes some nice puraatan kachere in punjab?? the ones who use the original kachera kapra, i forget wat its called, and they go past ur knees. anybody know where to get some of these made? im thinking nihang singh dals? if anybody knows who makes nice kachere's in punjab, it would be highly appreciated.

The front part of the opening of the kachera should dip just onto the knee, whilst the back should not go past the khuchh of the knee, never past the knee as it restricts movement like chatanga stated. I normally get mine made in Phagwara.

Do you recall the name of the shop in Phagwara?

Also, on a related topic, where can you get good quality Cholay (Taksali and Nihang) and gatray made from?

ive never heard of kasheras going past knees. if they did they would be more restricitve in movement and a problem in jang.

The other reason why it shouldn't go below the knee is that it then becomes a salwaar - a pathani/ muslim trouser. About half way down (or just a bit more than half way) the knee cap is ideal.