Akaaaal

Guest Gupt

Vaheguroo jee ka Khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh!!

Recently, it seems to me that there has been a new trend especially by youth when they throw around the word "akaal". But normally it's in capital letters and with about 10 more "A"s. It might jus b me but I think it's silly, if u r going to do a jakara do it properly. As far as I know no Purutan gurmukhs used to say this so y has it suddenly started?

Bole So Nihaal Sat Sri Akaal. That is a BOLA. When u speak you do not shout, so you say Akaal as it is.

Gaj Ke Jakaara Gajaave Fateh Paave Nihaal Ho Jave Akaaaaluh SAT SRI AKAAAAAALLUH. That is a JAKAARAA. When you shout it.

Battle cries my friend, its a battle cry. Dont read to much into it....

ਲੋਕ ਸੁਖੀ ਪਰਲੋਕ ਖਲਾਸ ਅਕਾਲ ਅਕਾਲ ਅਕਾਲ ਕਰੇਗੇ ||

'Those who recite, Akaal ! Akaal ! Akaal ! (The Timeless Lord), in this world will experience happiness and in the next will be liberated.'

From SRI SARBLOH GRANTH SAHIB JEE MAHARA

so surely if someone shud shout the whole jakara and not jus "akaal" on its own. and correct me if i am wrong, but akal in the context of the above quote is a synonym of vaheguru, so baically the quote is sayin u shud do simran, not say akaal. i mite b wrong :S