Sarbloh Bateh

Guest Sarbloh

Guest Sarbloh

Vaheguru ji dass urgently needssarbloh bateh and the 'patheeleh' used to cook food in. Couldsomeone plz give me an address AND phone number of a shop thatwill sell this stuff either in birmingham/lecester/wolverhampton/southall. Thanx!

Vaheguru ji dass urgently needssarbloh bateh and the 'patheeleh' used to cook food in. Couldsomeone plz give me an address AND phone number of a shop thatwill sell this stuff either in birmingham/lecester/wolverhampton/southall. Thanx!

I wouldnt trust cheap bate from shops in the UK to eat from on a daily basis. They might have trace amounts of toxic metals etc which could leach into food during cooking and potentially cause serious health problems. Why don't you get some custom made from India which you can trust to be made out of good, pure material.

Gurfateh ji,

Punjabi roots, use to sell them but as their under new owneship, i dnt knw if they still have them, but i dont know if you know of the bebe nanaki gurdwara? theres a shop near there, its known as Darshans, it was one of the first in the midlands. its like a road away, from the gurdwara, every punjabi knows about it

They defo have them there, they have everything frm bateh, pateeleh, karshian, spoons! erm but if you going to keep sarbloh bibek, dass would suggest that you buy a karahi, n a small pateela for dhal, karahian are easier to clean!

Gurfateh ji

dass would suggest that you go to Darshans shop by the bebe nanaki gurdwara, in handsworth, its just of rookery road.

you can get all utensils from there, from pateeleh, karshian, spoons, and even nice big woks, der easier to clean!

I wouldnt trust cheap bate from shops in the UK to eat from on a daily basis. They might have trace amounts of toxic metals etc which could leach into food during cooking and potentially cause serious health problems. Why don't you get some custom made from India which you can trust to be made out of good, pure material.

i've always had a concern of whether the batey sold are legit...can you recommend a place in Punjab where you can go and get them custom made from nd ensure they'r actually completely sarbloh?

i've always had a concern of whether the batey sold are legit...can you recommend a place in Punjab where you can go and get them custom made from nd ensure they'r actually completely sarbloh?

Talk to some sarbloh bibeki singhs who have already got bate from there - the bate I have bought from here sometimes leave a funny taste in food, or the food darkens really quickly (much more than regular bate). I know others who have found when they eat from a particular dodgy bata they have had stomach upsets. Look for something that is pure cast iron

Waheguru Ji, you can get proper sarbloh baateh from Taksaal Shop near Darbar Sahib, thats where i got my baateh from. They are made out of proper, heavy sarbloh and do not leave weird taste in food!typerhappy.gif

:) Okay while we on the topic or Sarbloh, can any1 tell me the best way to clean a Sarbloh cup?... I'm only starting off small... :p

Thanks in advance.

Waheguru Jeo, after eating/drinking your food/liquids, wash the baata/cup normally wiht water to take off the residues, then cut a lemon in half and use that to throughly scrub the baata/cup from inside for good few minutes. Lemon juice has got the acids that act as mild corrosive agent to peel off the food particles and/or any layer of rust. Once you are done, just dip the baata in hot water and dry it thoroughly. After drying, you can also throw in a drop of mustard oil and spread it evenly inside, this will prevent the rust from forming.

If you baata/cup is new from the shop and has got a lot of rust, pop it on the cooker flame and heat it till its bright red. Leave it to cool itself then you can either use the above method to scrub off the rust but a quicker qay is to use sandpaper for dry scrubbing, although some people might not agree with this method still I find it quicker than lemon juice which takes hours on new, off-the-shelf baateh.

Oh and, if you are in india and/or have sand handy then use that instead, nothing beats sand when it comes to cleaning sarbloh! :happy:

Hope this helps! prayer.gif