Yoga west

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think yoga is good to do, relieves the stress in the body and you can do sit and do meditation for alot longer becuase there is no nagging stresses in the body. If you do yoga before meditation you will also find that your mind does not wander around nearly s much as it used to.

I don't know about 3HO yoga though, I heard that is not real Kundalini yoga.

Personally I don't need to go to yoga classes, all I need is my dvd player and a few dvds:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...?v=glance&s=dvd

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...?v=glance&s=dvd

Guest rsingh

the 3ho kud... wat ever i cant spell, yoga has spread to the UK . never been cause it was for women. even if it hadnt im to lazy any way :wub: @

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

yoga will not help u against kaam krodh lobh moh and hankar

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Correction, it can certainly assist you in controlling your mind, The mind is where all of those 5 desires lie. It is simply breating exercises which center your mind into calmness and composure. Its relaxes your body. If done with great effort, it certain can be a Great aid in doing Simran and other meditational Techniques.

but remember Yoga is not only for the purpose of exercise, it has other great benefits which are equal to doing meditation..given that it is being done correctly with the right technique.

According to gurmat (I have talked to many many singhs about this) it is perfectly fine in the sense of a way to excercise, stretch and calm the mind. Anything beyond that, ie using it as a way to meditate, is manmat. Why? because guru sahib has taught us the true way of meditation and puts down the yogic meditations repeatedly in gurbani.

One can use gurmat meditation, ie naam simran, while doing yogic excercises but one cannot use yogic meditation as it will be fruitless.

According to gurmat (I have talked to many many singhs about this) it is perfectly fine in the sense of a way to excercise, stretch and calm the mind. Anything beyond that, ie using it as a way to meditate, is manmat. Why? because guru sahib has taught us the true way of meditation and puts down the yogic meditations repeatedly in gurbani.

One can use gurmat meditation, ie naam simran, while doing yogic excercises but one cannot use yogic meditation as it will be fruitless.

The Gurus do not speak ill of Yoga, but they speak Ill of the Practioners of Yoga (the Yogis) who are lost in their ego of being a Yogi by mere symbols or by simply the actions of a yogi.

gauVI mhlw 5 ] 

Gauree, Fifth Mehl: 

gaVI mhlw 5 ] 

ga-orhee mehlaa 5. 

jog jugiq suin AwieE gur qy ] 

I came to the Guru, to learn the Way of Yoga.

jog jugiq suin AweAo gur qy ] 

jog jugat sun aa-i-o gur tay. 

mo kau siqgur sbid buJwieE ]1] rhwau ] 

The True Guru has revealed it to me through the Word of the Shabad. ||1||Pause||  mo ka siqgur sbid buJweAo ]1] rhw

a ] 

mo ka-o satgur sabad bujhaa-i-o. ||1|| rahaa-o.

gauVI mhlw 1 ] 

Gauree, First Mehl: 

gaVI mhlw 1 ] 

ga-orhee mehlaa 1. 

AiDAwqm krm kry qw swcw ] 

Those who live a spiritual lifestyle - they alone are true. 

AiDAwqm kmé kry qw swcw ] 

aDhi-aatam karam karay taa saachaa. 

mukiq Bydu ikAw jwxY kwcw ]1] 

What can the false know about the secrets of liberation? ||1|| 

mukiq Bydu ikAw jwxY kwcw ]1] 

mukat bhayd ki-aa jaanai kaachaa. ||1|| 

AYsw jogI jugiq bIcwrY ] 

Those who contemplate the Way are Yogis.

Eysw jogI jugiq bIcwrY ] 

aisaa jogee jugat beechaarai. 

pMc mwir swcu auir DwrY ]1] rhwau ] 

They conquer the five thieves, and enshrine the True Lord in the heart. ||1||Pause||  pNc mwir swcu air DwrY ]1] rhwa ] 

panch maar saach ur Dhaarai. ||1|| rahaa-o. 

ijs kY AMqir swcu vswvY ] 

Those who enshrine the True Lord deep within, 

ijs kY ANqir swcu vswvY ] 

jis kai antar saach vasaavai. 

jog jugiq kI kImiq pwvY ]2] 

realize the value of the Way of Yoga. ||2|| 

jog jugiq kI kImiq pwvY ]2] 

jog jugat kee keemat paavai. ||2|| 

The Gurus have presented yoga in their own way. It is not to say this is the only way that would be a prematur

e assumption and ignorent on our part.

gur kY bcin kIno rwju jogu ]

Through the Guru`s Word, I practice Raja Yoga, the Yoga of meditation and success. gur kY bcin kIno rwju jogu ]

gur kai bachan keeno raaj jog.

The Guru's word (his Bachan) are the instructions of a master on the Proper Technique. One must be taught how to do Yoga for it to be fruitfull, Taught by a master who himself is Enlightened.