Amaaazing Video!

Guest akaaaaal!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay a question for the AKJ jatha or if someone else could answer's it. Why are those guys in the video shaking their heads and body's??????

Admin Note: If thats a question out of curiosity, it is most welcome. However, if this is going to turn into "jatha bashing", consider this thread closed.

Guest GuptSingh 89

due to the naam ras that you get from listening to kirtan. which obvioucly u havent experienced.... why do i get the feeling your trying to start something... typical wats next... 'why do akj people make funny noises at a rainsabhi?'

im bein serious this is the limit, at santhiya class the other day, we had a vichaar on the state of sehaj. some plonka, n im bein serious he was the only guy outa 2 who wasnt akj, startin sayin 'ohh u cant concentrate when u move ur body. :S :6

well this links to wat u asked ^^^ when the naam vibrates and you experience anand the movement is natural, it happened automatically, they dont do it for show... next time search the forum it'll come up instead of trying to start summin :)

Okay a question for the AKJ jatha or if someone else could answer's it. Why are those guys in the video shaking their heads and body's??????

Admin Note: If thats a question out of curiosity, it is most welcome. However, if this is going to turn into "jatha bashing", consider this thread closed.

lol, no jatha bashing just asking why. I am curious. Call me curious george

due to the naam ras that you get from listening to kirtan. which obvioucly u havent experienced

Giving info and squeezing in your ego and adding an insult, nice!

.... why do i get the feeling your trying to start something...

I believe it's because your paranoid. Relax

typical wats next... 'why do akj people make funny noises at a rainsabhi?'

They make noises, is that also because of the naam ras as said above?

im bein serious this is the limit, at santhiya class the other day, we had a vichaar on the state of sehaj. some plonka, n im bein serious he was the only guy outa 2 who wasnt akj,

He wasn't akj, man you should have knocked him out. I'm not akj, but i do love listening to kirtan. Just relax it was honest question.

startin sayin 'ohh u cant concentrate when u move ur body. :S blink.gif

question; Would you start doing bhangra or break dance or the robot when your doing or listen to kirtan or doing or listening to paath. And it's an honest question.

well this links to wat u asked ^^^ when the naam vibrates and you experience anand the movement is natural, it happened automatically, they dont do it for show... next time search the forum it'll come up instead of trying to start summin smile.gif

Please stop being paranoid. If i wanted to start something I would not be subtle about it. Just come out and say it. Not one who hides behind words. Now the above very interesting because what about when they doing or are listen to just paath does the same occur. the the body and head start moving naturally? Have seen people move their body with kirtan, but when it comes to just paath then everyone is still, no movement, other than the few hand movements of adjusting the attire.

ive always been curious myself, without no disrespect to akj or anything. I came across a kirtan recording where the guy is actually laffing like mad whilsts singing the shabad? is that not disrespect

i cant attach it because the file is 3mb any1 knw how i can share it with u guys?

Yeah, there honest questions, but I can see why akj get's on the defensive sometimes, cuz some just want to insult them.

Another question that came to mind is that, does this movement occur only at akj functions or other functions with other Sikhs?

Another thing, as i understand it, it's one of the states, but when you get to a higher state does the movement stop or increase and in the highest state does the movement stop or more extreme movements?????

I dont Think Anyone should get offended isnt it possible to have a conversation without having our egos clash?

Can sumone Answer this ? so that u can change our curiousity to intelligence,

so we are educated about the different avasthas,

Iv seen lil kids just mimic older sikhs and move theyre heads becuz their just innocent.

Another thing is NAAM gives alot of energy so the energy moving in ones body leads to movement,

For really Chardi Kala Gurmukhs uncontrollable things do happen, and there can be movement. Unfortunately when other people see it they try and copy it, and as a result the majority of the people shaking around are probably doing it without the same level enjoyment and there is no need, especially not in Guru Jis divan - some people would see it as quite disrespectful.

Having spoken to people of other faiths who engage in alot of group meditation, similar things happen - some people have genuine experiences but then everyone else will attempt to copy what they are doing on the outside without doing the same thing on the inside.

From an "AKJ" :)