Who makes it to Sachkhand?

who makes it to sachkhand?

those who read the sukhmani sahib, listen to gods hukam. the first hukam in japji sahib is the mool mantra, followed by "sunnai" followed by "manni" (or is it the other way round, i cant remember) by following guru jis hukam, we are there.

a classic example of poran gursikh is bhai sahib bhai rama singh. how do we know hes gone to sachkhand? well he had darshan of guru ji, had naam which got rid of his sins, and that dream he had when jamdoot was taking his soul away, all his dukhs went in that dream he said.

Heaven (sachkhand in ours terms)
rupz jee,

you are mistaken, sachkhand is NOT heaven. Christians have NO equivelant to sachkhand and do not even beleive it is possible as they dont beleive god is all pervading, they beleive he is 3 entities joined in one etc etc

its a big complicated thing..

anyway sachkhand is very much above heavens as heavens themselves are full of kaam,krodh, lobh, moh, ahankar etc..

heavens and hells all exist in dharam/gyan khands..

Guru Ji said that Hell and Heaven can be expereniced here on Earth

Really? where did guru sahib say this?

yes heavens and hells CAN be experienced here on earth, the key word "can"

ie punishments/rewards are metted out through reincarnations. But other karams are also burned off by travelling through heavens and hells directly after judgement and before reincarnation.

• 13 years later...
On 28/5/2004 at 7:27 PM, Guest mehtab said:

1st it was whether simran by non amritdharis is of any use

then it was whether non-Sikhs no matter how pure they are can make it to sachkhand

i have a suggestion : lets open up an agency which guarantees entry to sachkhand once u register. the only criteria u have to meet is that u take amrit and become a sikh. it doesnt matter if u have any love for God or Guruji, or if u are humble, or have any Gurmukh qualities mentioned in SGGS. Just take Amrit and we guarantee u that u will make it to sachkhand. In case u don't, please send us a postcard saying u didn't make it coz dharamraj kicked ur butt saying u r full of filth, and we will refund all ur money.

this way u can convince ppl to take amrit without actually having to stand upto the standards that are required to be maintained, and hey, u just started a whole new business of selling religion like christians and muslims!

way to go!

Outstanding post of Guest Mehtab Jee.

One of the best posts, I have  ever come through.

:clap::clap::clap:

:waheguru:

• 10 months later...

To this wonderful question, Fifth Patshahee Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, gives us a still wonderful answer: 

Avar Karathooth Sagalee Jam Ddaanai ||
All other efforts are punished by the Messenger of Death,

Govindh Bhajan Bin Thil Nehee Maanai ||
Which accepts nothing at all, except meditation on the Lord of the Universe.

Sukhmani Sahib  Sree Guru Arjun Dev  Maharaj.

Though Guru Jee is very very  clear in His paviter Bani, but if there is still any clarification needed, it could be well said, that, only those who do "Govindh Bhajan" as seen in His own words above, means to meditate on Him, only they, make way and reach Sach Khand.

Sat Sree Akal.

On 5/28/2004 at 9:05 AM, Simran9 said:

Today I wanna know more bout Sachkhand. I have attended Bhog of Akhandpaaths for many individuals who have died. Generally I have seen that regardless of whether the person was Amritdhari or not, the secretary says "Sachkhand nivasi...." Many of these people claimed to be of a caste like Jatt, they used some last name like Dhillon, they cut their hair, they didn't do paath as prescribed, basically they were the opposite of a Gursikh.

So now I'm wondering...if these kinda ppl can make it to Sachkhand, then what's the point of being a Gursikh? :T:

Secondly, how do we know if someone is in Sachkhand? Is it even necessary for someone like the secretary at the Bhog or at the funeral service to say "Sachkhand nivasi phlana Singh..." Do we need to be told if a person has made it to Sachkhand?

I dunno...maybe I'm juz being too narrow minded. :lol:

Below is what Mkhalsa ji posted in my other thread (Why did God give different messages?):

I think this is another example of LAXITY in the system. I think some ppl don't wanna admit that some have gotten themselves stuck in 8.4 million joons. :wub: Example: we know the man was big time sinner cuz he lied to ppl and did other crap in his life thats against Gurmat...but at his funeral service and at his Bhog the speakers say he was SUCH a GOOD guy and he was a VERY LOVING person, blah blah blah. Sure, thats all good, we should focus on the good things a person did. But I think that if every time I go to a funeral they say the person is a Sachkhand nivasi, then theres something wrong. no.gif

Lets juz take this quick example. There are many Gursikhs in the world who have died, and as we assume, they are now Sachkhand nivasis. I don't live according to the Gurmat way, but when I die if the speakers call me a Sachkhand nivasi, won't that be the biggest joke ever? :) Thats why I think Sachkhand wasn't meant for everyone who dies here. I'm sure theres lots more ppl who get themselves stuck in the 8.4 million joons.

of course, I could be wrong. So share your thoughts/opinions or facts/Gurbani. :)

thanx.

usually the simple answer is the right one

17 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

To this wonderful question, Fifth Patshahee Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, gives us a still wonderful answer: 

Avar Karathooth Sagalee Jam Ddaanai ||
All other efforts are punished by the Messenger of Death,

Govindh Bhajan Bin Thil Nehee Maanai ||
Which accepts nothing at all, except meditation on the Lord of the Universe.

Sukhmani Sahib  Sree Guru Arjun Dev  Maharaj.

Though Guru Jee is very very  clear in His paviter Bani, but if there is still any clarification needed, it could be well said, that, only those who do "Govindh Bhajan" as seen in His own words above, means to meditate on Him, only they, make way and reach Sach Khand.

Sat Sree Akal.

Waheguru