I Am Such A Loser

Guest loser

Gurfateh jee

sadh sangat jee

i have been amrit darri for two years - and i feel like i havnt grown at all.

i cant read gurmukhi, i just listen to my paath on my mp3.

i dont know ANY of my nitnem off by heart.

i dont do any extra paath whatsoever.

i eat out.

i dont wake up till 12/1 in the afternoon oclock everyday.

im such a mess.

can anyone help me cus i really need to fix up - cus it just make me feel crappy all the time.

gurfateh jeeo

In regards to learning Gurmukhi its always best to learn from a person, BUt if this is not a possible there are many sites on the net which teach the basic pronunciation of Gurmukhi alphabet. Learn from these sites. You can also listen to

paat on a mp3 player and follow along with a Gutka this will help you recognize and pronounce certain words in Gurmukhi. Then you should start reading yourself

Im not in any position to give advice about having a strong Gurmat routine because I myself am lacking in many ways but I have learned that its never to late to change your daily routine. If you are waking up at 12 pm then there is a chance you are going to sleep late. If you are not waking up in the morning the reason is because you are lacking motivation. Once we make har keerat our daily routine then things will change naturally. Gurbani has this very mystical effect. The more you make it a part of your life the more Gurbani wants you. So try to make GurBani a big part of your life. If you wake up late then dont let this defeat you. Do as much paat upon waking especially in the evening do as much as possible ,and enjoy it. Then do Ardas and ask to wake for AMrit Vela ,etc, and if you do so with a sincerity and faith then you will wake up. Depending on the person it takes time to build faith, Bani is the greatest aid in strengthening ones faith. Learn the meanings of Gurbani this will also encourage to want to do more and more paat,and do as much Naam Simran when you are available.

Try not to judge your Sikhi with other Gursikhs. Be inspired by Gursikhs but dont lose faith if you not at the same level. We all have to start somewhere even if it means pushing yourself to wake up for AMrit Vela and doing Naam Simran for 15 minutes. this effort will be accepted in GUru Jis dargah and eventually that 15 minutes will double

Again if you are struggling with Amrit Vela, Panj Bania I suggest you go all out in the evening time and do as much Paat as possible. Avoid watching TV and other things that are going to ruin your concentration. At the same time you should push yourself to wake up for Amrit vela even if its only 5 minutes. If you make the effort of taking one step towards Guru Ji , Guru Ji will handle the rest and put you on the right track.

Guest confused

Gurfateh jee

sadh sangat jee

i have been amrit darri for two years - and i feel like i havnt grown at all.

i cant read gurmukhi, i just listen to my paath on my mp3.

i dont know ANY of my nitnem off by heart.

i dont do any extra paath whatsoever.

i eat out.

i dont wake up till 12/1 in the afternoon oclock everyday.

im such a mess.

can anyone help me cus i really need to fix up - cus it just make me feel crappy all the time.

gurfateh jeeo

I understand you 110%, I have been in the same position for ~10 years... and it bothers me greatly too. Although I'm not pakka in my rehat and am trapped in kaam, krodh, lobh, moh and ahnkaar, I have learnt much by just being close to bani and in the sangat of true gursikhs.

To answer your questions:

1 - evaluate yourself, I doubt you have not grown at all, the fact that you recognise what is lacking is proof of your spiritual growth, nothing happens without the razaa (marzi) of the true lord, so always do your ardaas to the true akaal purakh to assist you. He will make ways for that to happen..

2 - personally, yes, it's important to know gurmukhi, BUT (my view) -> knowing gurmukhi isn't going to make you recite baani. I know gurmukhi, I don't do my nitnem! It's important to form a bond with baani itself and develop a thirst to meditate on the name of the true lord, I don't believe the language is of core importance. (please correct me if I am wrong)

3 - If you regularly listen to your nitnem/baani -> you will be surprised how much is commited to memory... I'm the same as you, I don't know my entire nitnem off by heart but I know a very very large percentage.

4 - it's not about the quantity of paath, doing 50 jap ji sahibs for the "sake" of doing them won't do you any good... you can attain the true lord through just ONE character, you need to UNDERSTAND the concept behind reading gurbaani..

5,6 - I eat out too.. in this day and age, if you buy manufactured/processed/treated produce it will not be shudh, that is my view... You should not sleep in too much, there is no excuse for that, change your lifestyle..

pehnji, by the sounds of things, you're experiencing your faith as you should, it's happening with the razaa of akaalpurakh, there's a lot worse paapi's out there like me. the only thing you can do is to keep making the effort, ask akaal purakh for assistance, after all until he decides otherwise you will not change.