Pregnancy

Guest adviceneeded

Guest adviceneeded

Gurfateh.

My wife is pregnant with our first child. I would like to do as much as I can for our child before the baby is born. For example, i tend to put some Simran for the baby. Would anyone know of anything else that could be done for my child or wife during pregnancy? Does any one else have any suggestions or experiences that may help?

Thanks

Satnam

Sehaj Path is a great idea.

The soul comes into the body on the 120th day from conception, so especially around this day and leading up to this day, make sure your sangat is good, stay near maharaaj as much as possible. Keep gurbani/kirtan/simran on around her as much as possible and be in the sadh sangat. The company you keep along with other things such as your karm will determine what type of soul you attract. Make the mother feel like a great, beautiful and graceful Sikh woman because ultimately her state of mind will have the greatest effect on the soul you attract. After that day, keep yourselves in chardikala and keep the path and simran going.. even after the baby is born.

Hope that helps.

Satnam

aw, baby on the way! :)

get your wife to do as many sukhmani sahibs as she possibly can!! you can have it on repeat in the stereo and play it in the house, but she also should try to recite this baani with her own mouth. the child needs to hear it in his/her mothers own voice..just cram in as much bani as you possibly can in these 9 months. best wishes, guroo maharaaj kirpa karan :)

Gurfateh.

My wife is pregnant with our first child. I would like to do as much as I can for our child before the baby is born. For example, i tend to put some Simran for the baby. Would anyone know of anything else that could be done for my child or wife during pregnancy? Does any one else have any suggestions or experiences that may help?

Thanks

Few months ago, I met a kid (less than 5 yr old), already memorized Japuji Sahib, Sweiye, Chaupai Sahib and was in the process of memorizing Anand Sahib. I had him read Chaupai Sahib to me. He knew bettar than me and I am 36. He read the Hukamnama from SGGSji. He did ardas infront of >100 people. he knows 10 Gurus and all other basic things. So impressed, I had to ask the mother the secret. There are 2 secrets. One, the kid has ability to memorize a line read to him one time. So mother teaches him a single line everyday. Next day, they reapeat learned so far and then introduce new line. Second, the basic secret is that during her pregnancy with that kid and again with current pregnancy she has going on now, is that she reads one bani for 500 times before she moves on to next one. The time I met the family, she was reciting Chaupai Sahib in those days.

Now, If I would have done the same things with my kids, I didn't have to spend so much time to get the kid memorize Japuji Sahib. My older one is almost 9 and he is not even half way through japuji Sahib.

So u get the point, I dont have to repeat what other sangat members said. I presented you a real life example what difference it makes, if you recite as much as possible bani to your kid.

Now its upto you to sow as you want to reap. whether pregnant ladies choose to sit infront of TV and watch indian shows/dramas/horror shows or they choose to get in as much Gurbani as possible during these special days for which you would see the benefit in not only in your rest of the life, but the life of the kid as well.

I wish somebody told me above when I was pregnant. I spent most of the time throwing up:-))

bhaji you should definately check out this pothi, theres a part on Janam Sanskar which has the following in it,

"Section 2: details the conduct for the birth of a child. It covers from the initial ardaas for a child and covers up to raising the child (womb ardaas, health care, Amrit, nameing the child, method of raising the child etc). It is supported by examples from GuruSahib’s time and complemented with the lives of many Gurmukhs"

heres the link to the pdf file:

http://www.gurmatveechar.org/audio/BhagatJi/Pothi%20Files/Panj%20Sanskar.pdf

Janam Sanskar part tarts on ang 119

And last but not least, you chould just listen to the mp3 recording of Janam Sanskar and i humbly request that you give the mp3 to your wife to listen to,

heres the link to the mp3 files:

http://gursevak.com/punjsanskar.html

Satnam

Sehaj Path is a great idea.

The soul comes into the body on the 120th day from conception, so especially around this day and leading up to this day, make sure your sangat is good, stay near maharaaj as much as possible. Keep gurbani/kirtan/simran on around her as much as possible and be in the sadh sangat. The company you keep along with other things such as your karm will determine what type of soul you attract. Make the mother feel like a great, beautiful and graceful Sikh woman because ultimately her state of mind will have the greatest effect on the soul you attract. After that day, keep yourselves in chardikala and keep the path and simran going.. even after the baby is born.

Hope that helps.

Satnam

I don't really agree that the soul comes into 120th day

did u get that from gurbani?

I believe that the soul enters as soon there is a heartbeat

the heartbeat indicates that the soul has started simran

I heard in a parsang of Bhai Guriqbal Singh ji. Baba Nand Singh ji said once. From the day a baby is born till the age of 1, he/she should get to listen to 1 paath of Sukhmani Sahib daily, whoever recites it should do so near the baby, like the mother, father, anyone should do it even if the baby is asleep. There is no way the kid would ever go astray from the path of Gursikhi.

Now hold on, this is just something I heard. If numbers don't matter to you, that is also great. No superstitions here! LOL! You can do Japji Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib, Naam Simran, Mool Mantar, anything. You can do it before birth or after birth. You can make the mother listen to kathas also, watch Gursikhi related things on TV, listen to Gurbani radio, etc. Some people say if you have pictures around, the baby's face would resemble the pictures, LOL! I am not too sure about that, but you can have pictures of Gurmukhs in her room. No harm in that. One of my very good friends, when he was 8, he used to get first prize in Sukhmani Sahib recitation in a competition that was between kids from all over Punjab. He had Sukhmani Sahib memorized at the age of 8!!!

Do any of the above, and whatever the other sangata have suggested. And yes, also take very good care of her and her health :)