Nihang Ardas

ong

Sat Sri Akaal jeo!

Does anybody hacve the Nihang Ardaas, in gurmukhi please? I know Freed has scanned an ardaas in from a gutka, but there are some pages missing. It would be most appreciated!

Light

Ong!

the only true ardas is the "ho siifth kari ardas " the gurbani way , the other ardas is created and made up from the "mun"

look in the gurbani and do a search the ardas is nam japna , the all mighty is inside you ,

bein molana sum koch jantha,

• 2 weeks later...

1. Contrary to what ekonam says, the Sikh ardas has been created by the saints (i.e., GurSikhs), not by a manmukh munn.

Gurbani says that what the saints (bhagats) say is parvan (accepted) in dargah (God's court). The elder saints of this community of saints (nirmal panth) have standardised a prayer for Sikhs. So, yes, the Sikh ardas is parvan as far as God is concerned.

maeree baa(n)dhhee bhagath shhaddaavai baa(n)dhhai bhagath n shhoottai mohi ||

The devotee can release anyone from my bondage, but I cannot release anyone from his. p1252

2. Gurbani also says the stories of our elders make us into good sons:

Baabaaneeaa kehaaneeaa puth saputh karaen ||

The stories of one's ancestors make the children good children. p951

The remembrance of our martyred elders is in exact accordance with Gurbani.

3. Gurbani says to praise the Gurus:

so sathagur kehahu sabh dhha(n)n dhha(n)n jin har bhagath bha(n)ddaar lehaaeiaa ||3||

Let everyone hail and praise the True Guru, who has led us to find the treasure of the Lord's devotional worship. ||3|| p586

So we do with the first stanza of the Ardas.

4. As for the tuk ekonam mentions, there's nothing in it against the way Sikhi is practiced by every Sikh on the planet:

man thae dhhokhaa thaa lehai jaa sifath karee aradhaas ||4||1||

My mind is cleansed of doubt, only when I praise You, and pray to You. ||4||1|| p557

jeeo pi(n)dd sabh this kaa sifath karae aradhaas ||

Body, soul and all things belong to the Lord-praise Him, and offer your prayers to Him. p86

Sifath(i) kare ardas can mean 1) praise the Him, and then do ardas, or 2) pray to him with praise. In any case, this can apply to both Gurmantar and normal ardas.

5. Although jap of the Gurmantar is also an ardas (a prayer with every breath), don't believe ekonam when he says the Sikh ardas is anti-Gurmat.

jeea kee birathhaa hoe s gur pehi aradhaas kar ||

When your soul is feeling sad, offer your prayers to the Guru. p 519

6. Finally, the way we do ardas (standing up with hands folded) is enjoined in Gurbani):

jis naal jor n chalee khalae keechai aradhaas ||

Stand and offer your prayer, to the One who cannot be moved by force. p994

thisai agai naanakaa khalie keechai aradhaas ||1||

So stand before Him, O Nanak, and offer your prayers. ||1|| p 1093

dhue kar jor karo aradhaas ||

With my palms pressed together, I offer this prayer. p1152

This is what we have been taught to do by our Gurus, have been doing, and will keep doing until the end of this Earth.