Langar Marayada

Langar should be made in Sarbloh

Only Amritdhaaris should make Langar

Jap Ji Sahib or any of the 5 Bania should be recited while making Langar

No talking or gossip is aloud

Langar should just be dhaal phulka (not going overboard wit the 500 types of sabji's, chips and beans)

No talbes and chairs!!!

These are the main Puratan ones! Dass will try and find the Rehatname and Hukamname and stuff!

Only Amritdhaaris should make Langar

Do post the hukamnama if it exists ...

and what about langar vartan di seva and washing utensils seva ? should it be done by amritdharis only ... why and why not

Many people dont care about any hukamnamas(Its very sad) many people have no respect for Langar. I went to a Gurdwara the other day and its bad enough they have 3/4 tables and chairs they allow shoes to be worn and many people dont even wear a lame rumala, while all this is going on all the old ladies are gossiping and blah blahing their heads off enough that they are very loud.

I also wrote on the chalkboard in the lobby "WHAT IS UP WITH 30 CHAIRS IN THE DARBAR??? IS THERE THAT MANY "DISABLED" PEOPLE???????" I also put a long to the point letter in the suggestion box asking the reasons of many questionable aspects at the Gurdwara, I said next visitors will want to sit on a chair in Guru Sahibs court. and other things etc................

and what about langar vartan di seva and washing utensils seva ? should it be done by amritdharis only ... why and why not

The reason I feeel Amritdharis should only do any important sevas is because they are the ones that uphold the basic aspects of Sikhi and keep the tenents of Sikhi in the correct form, people that arent Amritdhari degrade the vibe at Gurdwarey, they tend to short cut everything and end up making the ball roll backwards and in the wrong way, people want tables and chairs and end up allowing shoes and then not covering your heads and then the next is serving meat etc........ A rehatvaan Sikh would keep Langar real they would uphold Guru Sahibs Langar rather than the modern day hostage Langar which is controlled by many half@$$ people that make everything go down hill after they put money together and start a Gurdwara so they dont have to follow basic rehat etc, which in my words is called "Taking Sikhi hostage and installing a Granthi so they can at laest appear pious as a Legal Gurdwara".

Now a Daze many many mona own gholeks and are corrupt masands only wanting money.

people that arent Amritdhari degrade the vibe at Gurdwarey

your whole post is based on this thinking and i dont agree to it because it wrong ... are there no guru granth sahib how can 20 - 30 persons negative vibes can overtake endless positive vibes of guru granth sahib ... Not only monas sit on chairs there are sardars also ... and not only sardars sit in pangat there are monas also ... guru sahib said do seva and be a sikh ... we are saying be a sikh then do seva ... seva means nokri for free ... it will lead to love for for guru for sure ... resr of your posts is directed to politics in gurudwaras ... i dont think it has any thing to do with non amritdhari doing seva in gurudwaras ...

Gurudwara is open for all seva is open for all ... irrespective of caste color religion mona sardar khuli darhi bani darhi goll pagh tedh pagh amrit dhari non amritdhari ... langar, seva and equality are three basics of sikh dharma but we are messing it up ...

brhmans say we will not eat of the hands of shudars ... even if shudar enters their kitchen they wash it ... may be they can also feel vibes or what ever ... but Guru Nanak every city village they go ... they send bhai Mardana ji to the village and tell them to go and bring some thing to eat ... they didnt tell them which house to go search for a good persons house or bad because only good person will give them food ... they didant ask mardana ji where u bring this parshada from what caste was his etc etc ... but if sikhs are asking such things today before taking langar thats cool ...

we are afraid of negative vibes because we are not strong ... we fear our postive vibes will be over powered by their negative vibes ... now there are two ways out either maintain the distance and call it rehat mareyada hukam or whatever ... or be strong so that their negative vibes are overpower by ur postive vibes ... cant we do that we can ...

singh dont take my post personaly ... i fave just written what i feel nothing about i want to cut u or etc ...

Bhai Santokh Singh ji tells in SURAJ PARKASH as under:-

"Mam sikh hoe ju seva kare, neeve man bhagti ko dhare."

[if one does seva after becominga SIKH he/she would be attaining

the bhagti with submissive mind(neeva mann) easily]

"Mam Sikh pyaro deg ju kare(If guru ka sikh makes LANGAR),

Chudat naran ki chhuda su hare.(it removes hunger of all)

Swad deg meh bahuto rahe, je pahuliya gursikh ahe.

(Deg mean langar is very tasty if it is prepared by Pahuliya i.e.amritdhari)

So, langar should preferably be prepared by Amritdhari and GURBANI

also endorses the above view of Bhai Santokh Singh jias under:-

"Abhe niranjan param pad tis ka bheekh hoe,

Tis ka bhojan Nanka virla pave koe."

Means one,who is beggar (Bheekhak) of Abhe Niranjan(Akal Purakh)

and if he prepares the food/langar/bhojan, very very rare people would

get it.And in sikhism for being Bheekhak of Abhe Niranjan, one shall have

to be Amritdhari first becoz :-

"Gur satgur ka jo sikh akhaye,

Su bhalke utthh har nam dhiave."

and NAM is given by punj Piyares only in presence of Guru Granth Sahib

during AMRIT SANCHAR only.

So if we want to attain the khushi/joy of Watguru ji we should do seva

in Langar ond other seva preferably after becoming Amritdhari.

Bhul chuk khima, Wahuguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

why sarbloh............. i dis asgree there in puratan times they didnt have steel and stuff thats why it was only made in sarbloh .... a jatha singh even told me that lol and he madd chardi kalaa ..... he also said sarbloh contains some things that not good for ur health he said how singhs from vancouver are relli sick they are babek and by re using the bata some type of chemical or somthing was being swallowed aswell im jus saying ....... that my thing everything else u said is right in my point of view...