--health Problem--

Guest --gupt--

Guest --gupt--

Guru fateh!

When ever i wake up early in the morning i.e. at 3am or 4am.Then i feel very sleepy in the collage.Also i feel very uncomfortable whole day.

Also whenever i sleep late at night i.e. 3am or 3:30am.Then also i feel the same.

I take sleep of 6-8 hours then also i feel sleepy....................

I sleep much & study less & do patha less.....

I have exams but i am not getting interest in studies............

I need u'r all blessings & guidance......

Bul chuk mafa!

take a vitamin B-100 supplement every day, over time it will help with alertness. Also, exercise regularly. Aerobic helps more than Weightlifting, but both are good. It may take up to 3 weeks to get the full benefit from exercise, at first you will be more tired, but trust me it does help and the tiredness will go away. Also, first thing in the morning, eat something with high protein, maybe even a protein shake, this will help wake you up. Maybe also try exercising early to get the blood flowing?

Guest not a dr

There are many causes of tiredness. It could simply be a sign of being over worked. Why are you sleeping so late on some days and getting up so early on others? Since when have you noticed being tired and is this recent since you began revising for your exam? Do you have a normal sleep cycle. Do you get into deep sleep or is your sleep disturbed in the night. Also how often are you sleeping at different times and get up at different times. Also are you getting muscle weakness and how often if at all do you fall asleep during the day. Is this because of bad sleep routine or because your sleep is not allowing you go get into a routine.

Also as people have identified it could be underlying causes like dietary - so low intake of Iron, Vitamin B12. Are you revising and eating properly? I would advise taking multivitamin tablets especially if your vegetarian and not eating a mixed healthy diet with lots of different types of fruit and veg...It could also be hormonal like thyroid hormones. Have you noticed anything like feeling tired all the time, increased weight despite not eating much...There are over a 1000 causes of feeling tired so the first thing to do is to get it checked out.

Go to the doctors and request a full blood count. Checking for obvious things like anaemia and thyroid. In the meantime try to get into a routine, I know you have said you sleep 6-8 hours but 8 hours is the minimum for the average population and some people do need more (I need 10 hours!). So maybe try to sleep 9 hours. If you have difficulty sleeping lavender is very good relaxant, avoid bright lights in the lead up to bed time and make the temperature of the room comfortable. In the next few days eat properly - I know you have exams and we all cram but try to eat a healthy mixture rather than the standard caffeine fix taken by students. Above all go to your family doctor as its affecting your mood and study abilities. I know it seems like a small thing but tiredness is serious and you should get it investigated.

• 4 weeks later...