My Brother Cut His Hair

Guest Jagjeet

This is not God's Hukam. Once you realize what Hukam is you wouldn't be saying all this this. We do the wrong things and blame it on his will. So called hypocrites.

Hukame Andar Sabh Ko

God's will for us is to recite Gurbani, do Simran.

Bahar Hukam Na Koe

There is no other Hukam outside.

He gives us what we want. So stop blaming him. Wake up. Make wise choices instead of regretting and then blaming everything on God.

Do ardaas for forgiveness. He will listen to if done with love, belief, and humility. Ke Sache Patshah, Madad Karo. ASK him. ASK him. ASK him. It's his innate nature to forgive.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what your going through. Went through the same. The worse thing you can do is stop talking to him. Just be the best Gursikh example for him. When he comes back from college don't hestitate to say fateh to him. Trust me he will not expect something like that and think to himself of what he has done. Not to make him feel guilty, but think what he has done. Ask him to go to the Gurdwara everytime you go. Just treat him the same. But it's alright if you want to kick his <banned word filter activated>. Just restrain yourself because it's wrong to beat someone to make a personal decision.

Ask him why he did it. Get to the root of the problem and help him out to regain his strenght to keep hair again.

There can be many hidden reason's why he did it. DOn't rule any of them out till you get a answer good or bad.

He's in need of help right now and in desperate need of being felt he fits somewhere in society. He wants to be welcomed so just welcome him back home and make him feel he fits in with you guys and sooner or later he will open his eyes to what he has done.

DOn't abondan him that is the worst thing you can do. I know it's hard to talk to him because he did such a disrepcectful thing and disobeyed Guru Sahib in a huge way. But be the bigger person here and just be there for him.

yes he is a selfish person.. he honestly said "I didn't think you guys would even care"

He was crying on the phone with my dad though.. and said people always told him his beard looked ugly; that his turban was ugly... that he'd look good without it. He NEVER talked to any family members about it.. my brother who lives with him is so sad that he won't even go back to their house. He said he will think about tying a dastar with a trimmed beard (but keeping his head hair) but I honestly don't know if hes saying that just to get my family less frustrated. My mom is still crying as of today. Been doing so much path.

My 2 cents. If you know well one or 2 of his gursikh friends who really really love sikhi to heart, approach them without making him feel like you are doing things behind his back. Ask friends to be just stay in touch with him. So actually trying to give him good sangat. He himself probably feels guilty as well. At this time, he needs people around him not to embrass him and also not the people either who say, "goood yaaar, now u fit in, u look cool" and stuff. So you need to, or I should say, he needs to be close to people where he can feel what he is missing on, a mirror to show him that he was like those friends just few days ago. Something to remind him what he just did. Nobody needs to go pressurize him but just be there for him. If he really feels guilty inside, he probably is looking for people to talk to anyways. And sometimes family members are not the best choice. Friends could be.

Let him do what he wants get out of his life........

If he wants too cut his hair let him, Why dose it hurt you ??

In collage / university .... A lot of hater who hate sikhs with turbans and over time it piss's you off.

are you crazy??

a brother cuts his limb, and family shouldnt' feel hurt. If nothing bettter to say, then siyaNe kahnde ne, chup rehNa hee theek aa. Ok jee.

Next time, let it go through your brain and heart before you type anyting on a sikh forum.

Thank you for the opinion, however there is a problem. There used to be 2 people at his university who had a dastar/beard... they were both my brothers. Now there is only one man (my other brother) in the entire university who is a keshdhari sikh. There are no people even within 5 years of his age that are keshdhari. All we have ever had is our family.. we don't live in a very populated area

are you crazy??

a brother cuts his limb, and family shouldnt' feel hurt. If nothing bettter to say, then siyaNe kahnde ne, chup rehNa hee theek aa. Ok jee.

Next time, let it go through your brain and heart before you type anyting on a sikh forum.

really .... What can he do if his bother cut his hair ???

Today he keeps his hair because he says so and his family

year later he cuts it again ............

If my sister wanted to get married to some guy ....... What can I do ???

Today I stop her .... another day she runs off

So be happy for what you have and don't flame me. I'm sure ever one who cuts there hair has a reason.

are you crazy??

really .... What can he do if his bother cut his hair ???

Do the oppisite of what you said. Not be a coward or a person that gives up in life and do something about it like just be their for him. THe guys brother is in need.

Today he keeps his hair because he says so and his family

year later he cuts it again ............

Your writing says you gave up on life. Trying to put someone ont he right path is not a sin.

If my sister wanted to get married to some guy ....... What can I do ???

Today I stop her .... another day she runs off

There is alot you can do. Teach her from right and wrong is one suggestion.

So be happy for what you have and don't flame me. I'm sure ever one who cuts there hair has a reason.

I think you should join the HIndu religion. They believe that everyone is stuck inthere karma and should not make an effort to do better. Or are you yelling for help here.

well... flame me all you like :) :lol: Because it's funny

back to topic

What has happen has happen... Rest is to your mind, think of it the way or want.

Thank you for the opinion, however there is a problem. There used to be 2 people at his university who had a dastar/beard... they were both my brothers. Now there is only one man (my other brother) in the entire university who is a keshdhari sikh. There are no people even within 5 years of his age that are keshdhari. All we have ever had is our family.. we don't live in a very populated area

Yup yup very true .... Here at the Toronto medical school Sikhs come in with a pagh and every thing, walk out with nothing.... Just shows they had a turban because there parents forced them to and that is very true for about 90% Sikhs in the western world.

I just want to share my experience. Few years back when I came to America as a Sikh student some Indian students (Hindus) started telling me that I should cut my hair and shave. The reason, people with facial hair are being called savages by these Americans. I told this gentleman (who approached me) that leave it to me and when some American will approach me I will deal with it my self. Three keshdhari Sikhs who arrived few days earlier fell pray to these thoughts and lost there Sikh appearance. SOme people made the same suggestions when I was having trouble with finding a job.

Twelve years later I am not only Keshdhari but Amritdhari married to beautiful Singhani and have two title Singh’s in my family. Please don’t worry about what people say about your looks. If you ask any western person to change there looks based on your comments they will never do that. The people who have pierced there tongue, eyebrows etc may laugh at you because they forgot to look at them themselves in the mirror.