Sikh And Hindu Arranged Marriages

london001

I haven't eaten mooli vale paronthe for long now, Singh has a problem with mooliya, so I just dont wanna cook only for myself, as kids these days are very picky.

hahaaaa bibijee , mooli deh nehi ,ta aloo gobi deh sei , jeh oh vee na ta chal , methi deh vee theek han . oh vi na ta chal plain hi teek hun . oh vee na ta chaupra hoea phulka seei , oh vee nehi ta chal jiveh kabir jee kehndeh hun, ''kabir rukhi misi khaeh keh ,thenda pani peeo ,vekh perai chaupree na tersaeh jeoo''

Tuhadeh singh sahib nehi khandeh ta na khan ,tuhadeh veer ta khaan ge na ,hahaaaaa . chal hor na sei ta asi tuhanu mooli de paronthe email kar da geh hahaaaaaa.

wahehuru wahehuru waheguru tuhanu chardikela andar rkhen

I haven't eaten mooli vale paronthe for long now, Singh has a problem with mooliya, so I just dont wanna cook only for myself, as kids these days are very picky.

You called bhaaji a kid? :lol: ...let me call him up and tell him...hahahahahha

nahh just kidding :p

ur bhaji is kid too, but this time I was mentioning to my 2 muchkins.

Gur fateh veerji.

I see no issue with Sikhs marrying Hindus or vice verse. Traditionally my great Grandfather was a Hindu and then, his first born son (my Grandfather) was bought up as a Sikh, but still kept some traditional ways of Hindus. My family and I still follow some Hindu traditions and no there is no confusion in what we practise as a family. My father is an Amrtihdhari Sikh; he still continues to follow some of the family tradition.

I have been observing the attitudes of some of the young people in this country; they find it very hard to understand how you can be a Sikh but follow some of the Hindu traditions. Young Sikhs in this country don't understand the difference in Dharma and religion, Sikh is not a religion but a way of life (Dharma). There is no fixed phenomenon in life, there are changes every second, and we deteriorate every second of your lives. Everyone has different lives to follow; we just have to observe our friends and family the emotions they feel and how they will deal in situations. Every person has a different story of life and that is what the Sikh dharma is, it’s a story of life and how you as an individual would deal with life.

I'm being very philosophical, but the Sikh Dharma is not just about what is written in front of you and you follow it, Guru Granth sahib Maharaj, is great example of how a challenge in your life and how to deal with it e.g. an Amrithdahri taking medication containing meat extracts, has to take the medication to prolong his or her life.

A religion can be put together by any one, but a Dharma can not, there is a requirement of deep philosophical thought process involved before giving a conclusion to matters in life. It is a very Christian term to explain something of different belief and to box it up.

Hindus marrying Sikhs or Sikhs Marrying Hindus is great example how dharma (way of life) comes into play.

I know of a couple of Hindu-Sikh marriages. The brides are Hindus. I am very pleased for them.
I am also extremely pleased for many Singhnees who were Hindu before and took Amrit, then married Singhs.

I see no issue with Sikhs marrying Hindus or vice verse. Traditionally my great Grandfather was a Hindu and then, his first born son (my Grandfather) was bought up as a Sikh, but still kept some traditional ways of Hindus. My family and I still follow some Hindu traditions and no there is no confusion in what we practise as a family. My father is an Amrtihdhari Sikh; he still continues to follow some of the family tradition.

I have been observing the attitudes of some of the young people in this country; they find it very hard to understand how you can be a Sikh but follow some of the Hindu traditions. Young Sikhs in this country don't understand the difference in Dharma and religion, Sikh is not a religion but a way of life (Dharma). There is no fixed phenomenon in life, there are changes every second, and we deteriorate every second of your lives. Everyone has different lives to follow; we just have to observe our friends and family the emotions they feel and how they will deal in situations. Every person has a different story of life and that is what the Sikh dharma is, it's a story of life and how you as an individual would deal with life.

I'm being very philosophical, but the Sikh Dharma is not just about what is written in front of you and you follow it, Guru Granth sahib Maharaj, is great example of how a challenge in your life and how to deal with it e.g. an Amrithdahri taking medication containing meat extracts, has to take the medication to prolong his or her life.

A religion can be put together by any one, but a Dharma can not, there is a requirement of deep philosophical thought process involved before giving a conclusion to matters in life. It is a very Christian term to explain something of different belief and to box it up.

Hindus marrying Sikhs or Sikhs Marrying Hindus is great example how dharma (way of life) comes into play.

Nicely put. Now please try to cross over a river with each of your foot in a separate boat. Unless you know swimming, you know what is going to happen, right?

The very reason Dasmesh Pita established the Khalsa was our "vilakkhanta", our distinct and unique identity. Several upon several references and quotes from Gurbani and a number of other textual and historical sources that clearly outline Sikhism's unique, distinct and different identity. This community of lions started by Guru Gobind Singh Jee does not owe any allegiance to anyone but their Guru. Guru Gobind Singh Jee said "Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh". He didn't announce that His Sikhs were a sub-sect of a pre-existing community, He called them Khalsa! He didn't have them owe allegiance to gods/goddesses/prophets, He made them owe allegiance only and only to Vaaheguroo! Thus the Sikh greeting of "Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh" is in itself a complete declaration of the distinct, unique and different identity of the Sikhs. If an Amritdhari Sikh chooses to follow Hindu rituals, thats his/her personal choice. Doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

hahaaaa adopt me n mehtab veerjee as yur kids too . after all Guru jee says , parbeti ko beeti janeh ,par isteri ko mat bekhaneh ,hahaaaaa. me n mehtab going call you mata ji frm now .

Veerji, I would prefer you and Mehtab Veerji (and all other men on this forum. my husband is not on the forum, so can easily say that), stay as Veerji. Thank you for giving the honor of considering Mata ji. But Mataji title brings lot of wisdom, which unfortunately I don't have yet. Working my way towards it, but by the time, I reach there, you and Mehtab Veerji may beat me by getting there first. So Lets be just brothers and sisters and make our way towards Pooran SIKHS one day, hopefully before we lie on the death bed.

I know of a couple of Hindu-Sikh marriages. The brides are Hindus. I am very pleased for them.
I am also extremely pleased for many Singhnees who were Hindu before and took Amrit, then married Singhs.

I have been observing the attitudes of some of the young people in this country; they find it very hard to understand how you can be a Sikh but follow some of the Hindu traditions. Young Sikhs in this country don't understand the difference in Dharma and religion, Sikh is not a religion but a way of life (Dharma). There is no fixed phenomenon in life, there are changes every second, and we deteriorate every second of your lives. Everyone has different lives to follow; we just have to observe our friends and family the emotions they feel and how they will deal in situations. Every person has a different story of life and that is what the Sikh dharma is, it's a story of life and how you as an individual would deal with life.

Nicely put. Now please try to cross over a river with each of your foot in a separate boat. Unless you know swimming, you know what is going to happen, right?

The very reason Dasmesh Pita established the Khalsa was our "vilakkhanta", our distinct and unique identity. Several upon several references and quotes from Gurbani and a number of other textual and historical sources that clearly outline Sikhism's unique, distinct and different identity. This community of lions started by Guru Gobind Singh Jee does not owe any allegiance to anyone but their Guru. Guru Gobind Singh Jee said "Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh". He didn't announce that His Sikhs were a sub-sect of a pre-existing community, He called them Khalsa! He didn't have them owe allegiance to gods/goddesses/prophets, He made them owe allegiance only and only to Vaaheguroo! Thus the Sikh greeting of "Vaaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh" is in itself a complete declaration of the distinct, unique and different identity of the Sikhs. If an Amritdhari Sikh chooses to follow Hindu rituals, thats his/her personal choice. Doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

Excellent response!!

Everyone should read this over and over again :)

Mehtab Singh,

You have quoted the following,

"Now please try to cross over a river with each of your foot in a separate boat. Unless you know swimming, you know what is going to happen, right?"

You have to understand what im trying to explain. Your response is completely justified and it's a good point, but you have to understand that you would have to break out of your religious shekels. Spirituality and Religion can never run parallel, where religion ends spirituality starts. You may call me a hippy but to achieve enlightenment, you need to have prem (love). The only way you may love, is to break out of any duality, breaking out of recognised differences between a Human being, may it be colour, religion or caste. You can not achieve this through religion, because you still see differences in a Human beings.

Guru Nanak Dev Maharaj, gave us (Sikhs) a great Dharma, Maharaj had already given us a head start on way to spiritual enlightenment. The philosophy of Sikh dharma was totally based on no duality and there was no religion just a focus on the spiritual plain. But we as human beings have gone to great lengths to give a unique identity and a box.

Based on my opinion, Guru Granth Sahaib Maharaj is great spiritual teacher, but cannot be used as a Guru in any religious form, because Sikh was never a religion but a root to spiritual enlightenment.

Guru Fetahy