Pug Hurts My Ears And Head

london001

I've been wearing a pug for about 15 years. Recently, my right ear has started to ache after I've been wear a pug for 2 hours, the whole ear the the skull around the ear. The pain slowly increases and then the right side of my head starts to hurt, as if something is drilling into my skull. Its an intense pain. After I remove the pug, once i return home, the pain increases dramatically for 2 mins and the slowly starts to subside.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions what might be causing this?

vjkk vjkf

i think ur tying it too tight??

i used to get this alot as i first first started, my head used to feel it went numb lol... then i found out it was cuz i did my joora veryyy right and all my kes was being pulleddd

another reason for me was that... if u tie the meterial again and again on one side of ur head tighter... so as u tie ur datsar... leave a gap and go up as u go along -- dont go round an dround on the same spot0 cuz that kills.

ears-- my ears killlll lol, ive stopped coverin my ears .... but just dont go tight around ur ears, i need to start looseing my dastar when i cover ears too smile.gif

vjkk vjkf

vjkk vjkf

15 years no problem, all of a sudden pain :wacko: .

Maybe you've started to go tight around the ears veerji, have you changed the way you tie your dastaar recently?

If pain still is persistent, get a sligh/baaz and push to create some space over your ear (or wherever it kills) and hold it for a moment. Should feel relieved :)

vjkk vjkf

No, I had it for a few weeks about 3 or 4 years ago but this has been going on for months. Its probably because I tie it too tightly but I don't like it to be lose or it could be my glasses are being pushed into my ears and causing pain

veerji i had a similar problem. i started keeping kesh and wearing a black phag about 3 years ago. i also wear glasses. back then i used to get cuts in my ears n minor headaches... then i learnt how to tie a dumulla, it is so much more comfertable with or without glasses, and also its good to wear if you wanto represent your quam. whether my dumulla is loose or tight it remains comfertable.

London001, have you tried to put an elastaplast on your ear? Whenever I get a sore spot on my ear I put an elastaplast over it and then tie the pag, this acts as a cushioning effect and also heals the sore spot..............................OMG we are not allowed to wear elastaplast !!!!

dumalla is a good idea . or some sort of cushioning effect .

rubbing some lavender or rose essential oils(neat-not diluted in a base) helps to soothe nerves too. you get them from holland and baratt/boots/GNC or bodyshop(more expensive).

usually this is caused by the nerves/nerve endings around the area having become sensitive and agitated/sore/disturbed from constant pulling and tightness of your tight dastar,hence the constant pain. Suggest this to your doctor and he may recommend you a course of 'diclofenac sodium -50 mg strenth capsules' thrice/day for 7 days to settle back those nerves and their endings(u can mention this medicine to him, see if he agrees). he may couple that with paracetamols(500mg) taken 2 every 4 hours for 3-4 days to numb and calm the nerve. he might recommend you co-codamol but its better to avoid those(codeine based and addictive) and just take some paracets at the frequency i mentioned.

I used to have same problem and had ear sore and it was really bad but not anymore...

Try these simple methods:

1) Try to get hold of Terry Voil turban material (soft material). Cotton turban usually a bit hard than voil turban material.

2) Always Machine Dry (don't air/sun dry). (This ONLY applies to Terry Voil material)

Wear eye contacts instead of glasses during work day.

Let us know if you got it worked out.. teek ya bro?