Would You Volunteer An Hour Or Two Every Week?

Fateh all,

So we have been running the forum since 2002/2003. A lot of things have been added and a lot of things have disappeared (ss games etc). So i propose that we form groups and work on some projects together. We keep arguing whether we should support this sikh organisation or that, lets do something ourselves rather than rely on other people.

So i would like ideas on sikhi projects and who would be interested in them.

So in your replies,

• please list the skills you have or dont have (could be great chance to learn new skills).
  • If you can contribute some time helping out.
  • Ideas for projects (Websites, new software ).

For example: If we decide that we will work on a website then we can, setup free hosting on ss server. A team of indviduals can create and maintain the site. This could be a great chance to use your skills or improve existing skills.

Another project could be that, indviduals make, collect, upload sikh based media so it is easily available to the sangat.

Right now, only thing i can think of is IT based projects but we should not have to restrict ourselves to that. if we get enough members willing to participate, we could set up a collaborative site where all the volunteers can discuss things.

So lets discuss this, but please keep the replies related to this topic.

Fateh all,

So we have been running the forum since 2002/2003. A lot of things have been added and a lot of things have disappeared (ss ga...................orative site where all the volunteers can discuss things.

So lets discuss this, but please keep the replies related to this topic.

I work with many Oracle products. Java is the language I can understand and write, not into .NET and ASP. MySQL and PHP sound great, but I have to learn it! HINT=> Balait_da_Sher ;)

So I would also be willing to work on any IT based project.

About me:

I work as a software developer, writing windows and web based software in Microsoft.Net. I have experience of ASP.Net, MSSQL, Oracle, MySql, PHP and other languages.

So I would be willing to work on an IT based project or non IT based projects. With regards to any of the skills listed above, if anyone wants to learn them I would gladly teach them.

I work with many Oracle products. Java is the language I can understand and write, not into .NET and ASP. MySQL and PHP sound great, but I have to learn it! HINT=> Balait_da_Sher ;)

So I would also be willing to work on any IT based project.

Nice, no problems with regards to teaching you the languages.

I have experience with PHP/MySQL; I have some experience with HTML/CSS and drupal, would like to learn about AJAX. I have also worked with Java in the past. Currently, I am trying to get into C# .NET (hasn't come along as fast as I had hoped though :rolleyes: ). My weekdays are generally taken with work + gym but since I am sitting at a computer at work, I could make some time to do quick things. Generally my weekends are compleltely free. Oh and I would love to learn new technologies as well :D

I would be glad to help, I can spend 2 hours a week probably on a Sunday. My main interest and talent lies in the creative use of the English language to portray subjects, ideas and themes to different audiences. I love working with images/text to make posters. I also love doing research.

I’ve always been interested in making an interactive Sikh history website...

Maybe we could work collaboratively though a site such as PBworks http://pbworks.com/