Sikh Channel - Biggest Fraud Going!

Zindagi

I was skeptical at first, but I have had various conversations with the channel sevadaars, and they have openly said on the channel that it's a Not for Profit channel. The structure and accounts could clearly be more open and transparent. May be this will come with time. We should give them the benefit of doubt for now. At this stage, it's most important that the channel continues running free.

Maharaaj kirpa karan,

Waheguroo

Well done Singhs and Singhnio !

I was wondering when we would start slating this endeavor.... I was expecting this type of infantile chatter a few months ago. Hoh hum, a bit optimistic on my part.

The Sikh Channel on Sky840 is a BUSINESS. Setup costs could easily buy one of those super new Gurdwarae. Running a channel like this relies on CASH that only the big Gurdwarae have going through on a monthly basis. This channel is not being run on behalf of the sangat. Technically, you will be able to see their accounts at the end of the tax year regardless.

They rely solely on adverts and donations. This initiative is not about some big Panthic seva. This is about running a business to promote Sikhi.

The quicker the sangat get this into their heads the better.

The BUSINESS needs to remain 'mainstream' and 'moderate' to draw in sangat. If you want an exclusive Taksali (or whatever Jathabandae) channel then open up your own. Their customer base has to be as wide as possible. Typically (and I'm saying this generally) that students and the elderly are the most prominent to watch a channel like this -NEITHER group has much disposible cash. Therefore, they need to market to families/ couples/ businesses to draw in the revenue. Needless to say, students and the elderly will already have their views on what they want to watch and dont.

I do strongly believe the Sikh Channel MUST NOT promote any anti Gurmat parchaar or go against the hukumnammae/ marayada of Sri Akal Takht Sahib Ji.

We must remember that this is an infantile initiative -setting up accounts, etc will take time (otherwise the boys would get chased out of the country !).

Good luck Sikh Channel

Exactly, well pointed out!

All these rumours boil down to too many kids on the internet looking for conspiracies with undeveloped views of the world and a juvenile imagination who feel that they need to think that the anything that doesn't belong to the "taksaal or jatha" is manmat activity.

Can the Sikh Channel also let us know how much they have raised through people donating as a one of payment, they are only displaying the amount of Direct Debits.

TRANSPERANCY PLEASE !!

DISPLAY YOUR BOOKS ON THE SIKH CHANNEL TOO ......

I SUPPORT THE CHANNEL BUT I AM ALSO AWARE ITS NOT A CHARITY SO PLEASE BE TRANSPARENT !!

Can the Sikh Channel also let us know how much they have raised through people donating as a one of payment, they are only displaying the amount of Direct Debits.

TRANSPERANCY PLEASE !!

I SUPPORT THE CHANNEL BUT I AM ALSO AWARE ITS NOT A CHARITY SO PLEASE BE TRANSPARENT !!

Why you asking them on SikhSangat? Do you really think the owners of the channel have time to read these ridiculously stupid and long thread?! Go call them, go to their website and find out how to get intouch. SikhSangat is not the Sikh Channel! *Shock* *Horror* (!)

TRANSPERANCY PLEASE !!

Why you asking them on SikhSangat? Do you really think the owners of the channel have time to read these ridiculously stupid and long thread?! Go call them, go to their website and find out how to get intouch. SikhSangat is not the Sikh Channel! *Shock* *Horror* (!)

But they did have time wen they were launching the channel to come on this site and tell ppl about it!

This is an important and one of the main sikh youths website and i think its a responsible thing to be following the ongoing democratic debates about the channel as they are throwing up a lot of ideas for adjustments,reshaping ,future direction ,and how this channel is being perceived. You cannot just ask people to shut up and set up debits . while thats an ongoing process, you need to simultaneously be sensitive to what is being discussed . thats a sign of strength ,not weakness .

• 4 weeks later...

1,141 DD`s so far

Waheguruuu!

Hope they reach their target!

Come one saad sangat!, lets all sign up!!

Fateh

When do they need to reach their target?

First it was by the 14th August, then by the end of the month,...I think now they've given up on a deadline....

:rolleyes:

Didn't they need to reach this target by a certain deadline otherwise they were threatening that they'd go off air??

The Sikh Channel tells us how many direct debits have been set up but not the total money these direct debits have raised, also the one off payments too.The channel is a brilliant idea but it would be nice to have tranparency as the Sangat is funding it

The Sikh channel without doubt is a good idea, but the execution is extremely poor.

And the thing is another Sikh channel is on the way.

Things need to be done, soorch sumaj keh.