Gell Or No Gell?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO MATTER WHAT, YOU SHOULDN'T CUT YOUR DHARI!!!!!!!!!!

I give those bibian respect who let their hair grow on their chins, and don't think twice about what others are going to think. Hair is god's gift, to a singh it shouldn't matter, why should we mold it, or change it as we see fit, leave it as your guru sees fit. This is maya working on us again, remember...

'MAYA' is very powerful, indeed has power over all of us, its just the chosen ones, that get out of its trap and conquer it by making it their pet. Sants, mahapurkhs control this maya.

I understand sometimes you have to tie your dhari maybe for a function, job interview, and such, but it doesn't mean you should keep your dhari tied up all the time.

My two cents...bhul chuk maaf! ^_^

Guest SikhForLife

i think it was u vicky who said u knew a guy whose beard got stuck in a machine..

i mean thats sad.. can we risk that?

i know some people would say.. whatever;s God;s will.....

but i dont know.. i am a little confused .. i mean if my beard got stuck.. i dont think ill blame GOd for it.

rehitnama?...

okay..this is wat i belive, i believe it is not wrong to tie ur dari up..it is simply done to present urself clean and tidy..when one goes to an interview for a job or anything else, and theres hair flyin everywhere, the interview or anyone else for that matter may get pushed off by it....in order to live in western culture and have a "normal" life, its almost enivitable to tie your dari..and if u can go to work without tiein it, than tahst even better...

bull chuk maf

vaheguroo jee

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

lol i dont agree with this neat and tidy thing.. whats neat and tidy to them is "clean" shaven.. why dont you do that to fit in? why be stuck in the middle either have it parkash or shave it lol...

you are just following western concepts of "cleanliness" by putting nasty chemicals in your dhari that mess it up and make it smelly etc...

It is a kurait (not bujjar kurait) to dye or color your hair.. so that involves putting chemicals in and changing the appearence of dhari.. so if that is a kurait isnt it a kurait to tie your beard when you are doing exact same thing of changing its appearence with chemicals?