Gell Or No Gell?

vahegurooo jee

I was wondering the other day..is it wrong to put on gell, hair spray, fixoo..watever one applys on the dari?...and should one be scolded, mocked for doing so? :T:

I do not think it is wrong to do it, its not liek your commiting a kurait...

please share your wisdom...i am merely a moorakh on this earth ^_^

bhull chuk maf

vaheguroo jee

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife

heh i think the same debate was on the old forum

in my honest opinion theres nothing wrong with either

u can have khuli thari.. and it wont make u any better of a sikh

or if u tie it .. its not a bad thing

cuz if u think about it.. ur love for sikhi doesnt get affected either way

i dont think the rehat maryada says it either so,,

and i know son of guru gobind jee quoted a line before wat was it jee?

sarab sida khula thara or somthin?.. forgive me i dont remember exactly

Yeah , we had a huge debate on this topic :D. I tie my darhi. I started my first job today as a computer programmer. Went to the office with a shirt and tie on, and had my Darhi tied very neatly. I use fixo + water and a rubber band, to tie my beard.

I don't think there is anything rong with it. because its better than cutting one's hair.

:nihungsmile: Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

When you take amrit.. the panj tell you to have parkash darra

And plus when u get old your darri gets white faster and when u do have full white hair it make it look yellow like u have a huge haldi stain and it doesnt come out.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji said:

Khalsa mero roop hai kaas.

So if we are tying darris .. i dont think Guru ji would be doing that..

its almost like doing beadbi of your darri

also sant jarnail singh said some thing like: thununee teh munanee deh bich koi fark hai nigga

i.e tying your beard and cutting it "there is not differnce between them." u can hear it in one of his speaches i believe.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!! :nihungsmile:

^_^

Sat Sri Akal......i am about 18 now.....so my small dhari is about 2-4 cm now :D )

i was thinking of having a Khulli Dhari.....well actually i like having it. but my mom and my sis just think it is too much......they say why YOU going to do so when everyone else in the family doesn't.....like my Grandpas (both of them, mom's and dad's father) tied their beards....but they did not use gell or fixxo...they just tied it like with a knot....u know a small ghand or juhka......

guys i have not so much knowledge about this.... like is it good or bad to use gell or fixo....for me it is all great if U have DASTAAR and Do not cut ur Dhari.....

Well, our younger Bhajee SoGGS told us about the Rehit....and that is fine :nihungsmile:

Veer, can i ask you something.......as i wrote i do not cut or trim Dhari to grow even more.....

like some months ago i meet a guy and he said i should "trim" my small dhari so that it would grow even more and be more thick or sangni...u know that...

but i just though it is better not to....so i have not touched it yet.....and i do not care to do it either....btw us, i haven't got the time for all that.....Guru ji gave us the Kangha and th

at is ALL i need.... rolleyes.gif ......

But like is it right to trim the dhari to make it more thick and make it grow like straight (like that now i got dhari some places and not others....it is like strange....)

i know it will be Khulli very soon....and i am just waiting...to be...-> :nihungsmile:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I don't tie my beard even though i can... But i just shape my beard straight pointing downwards with the help of gel/spray etc..

As of saint jees words.. Some say his words were "Tuni Muni Eek Brabar".. I still don't agree with it cauz sant ji know lotssss of people who tied their beard during those days and they were his close friends like professors/dr's.. etc..