Please Be Honest

Guest curious

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you look down at people who cut their hair when you see them at gurdwara or other progams?

The sad part is that such a person is hardly noticed or thought about. The person, if claiming to be a sikh, is naked as a sikh and voluntarily stripped himself or herself of dignity as a sikh. One would think you would notice a naked person and offer him a blanket. You would not look down upon, rather have pity for such voluntary disassociation from logic and self respect.

Shaheeds did not give their scalps so we could claim their legacy as our caste and cut our hair because we don’t have simple self confidence in social environments….while other Sikhs with kes take their ‘challenged’ identity and make it their brightest light in exact same environments.

I also don’t look down up, rather pity, the mind that concerns itself with whether guruji’s Sikhs “look down upon”. Rather, they should be asking whether by claiming sikhi without any sincere intention to keep kes they are redefining and eradicating sikhi for sikh children. And doing so in a manner enemies of Sikhs could only have dreamed possible.

Our fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, brothers and sisters have let ignorant apathy turn them into effective gangu and wazir khans. It is hypocrisy to suggest others should be “tolerant” and “accepting” of who we are; when we as ‘sikhs’, either claim to be someone we are not or we as ‘sikhs’ are full of self hatred.

The person, if claiming to be a sikh, is naked as a sikh and voluntarily stripped himself or herself of dignity as a sikh. One would think you would notice a naked person and offer him a blanket.

vahegurooo!!

painful truth.

if i see someone who has cut their hair at the gurdwara or at sikhi camps etc, i go out of my way to be friendly towards them and include them. before i started wearing a dastaar and before guroo maharaaj blessed me with amrit di daat, i felt very self-conscious around dastaar valiaa bibia, and often felt i was being looked down upon. for me, this was a massive hinderance as they seemed unapproachable. i couldnt go to ask them about sikhi, or get advice. there was a brick wall separating us. i wouldn't want to make anyone feel this way, so please dont look down at people..they may just need a nudge in the right direction.

dhan guroo dhan guroo piaareh!! :)

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
The person, if claiming to be a sikh, is naked as a sikh and voluntarily stripped himself or herself of dignity as a sikh. One would think you would notice a naked person and offer him a blanket.

vahegurooo!!

painful truth.

if i see someone who has cut their hair at the gurdwara or at sikhi camps etc, i go out of my way to be friendly towards them and include them. before i started wearing a dastaar and before guroo maharaaj blessed me with amrit di daat, i felt very self-conscious around dastaar valiaa bibia, and often felt i was being looked down upon. for me, this was a massive hinderance as they seemed unapproachable. i couldnt go to ask them about sikhi, or get advice. there was a brick wall separating us. i wouldn't want to make anyone feel this way, so please dont look down at people..they may just need a nudge in the right direction.

dhan guroo dhan guroo piaareh!! :)

yes that is very very true, bibia that wear dastaars that i haev come across are not approachable at all! it is hurtful and can even drive someone away from sikhi, so big up to you for doing what you do..

but i have noticed that even when you do wear a dastaar some still give attitude, why is that, and i can liek tell you a specific story but it might give away who it was or where etc... but i dont want to categorize all dastaar valea bibia in this BECAUSE ITS NOT TRUE FOR ALL, but i mean some really need to understand taht they are portraying mata sahib kaur ji and guru gobind singh ji, please show love to other bibia wanting to come in to the panth too!! and even those who are far, atleast try to show them who we are in a positive light, smile back, say hi when u are sed hi to, answer if you are spoken to, dont have insecurities and an attitude as a result of that, taht goes for all of us:)

What p*sses me off really bad is this so called "gursikhs" looking down on the people who externally don't meet their personal standards of what a Sikh should look like. <_< I feel like smacking such person's head upside down :@

Guest _gupt_

i once said fateh to a singh at a gudwara and he completely blanked me. He said that he didnt say fateh to non sikhs. Maybe he just had an issue, but i defo thought he looked down on me.

Some amritdhari sikhs believe they are better then the rest, which im sure defeats the whole point. They look different however act common in my opinion.