Disagree With My Dentist, Looking For A New One

Guest Dental Problems

Guest Dental Problems

My dentist is suggesting that I have crown on my front two upper teeth. There is about a 0.7cm area on both teeth where the enamel has become completely eroded. However, I don't like the idea of my two front teeth being grounded all the way down. Anyone had something similar done to their teeth? Or does anyone know of any good dentists in London.

Problem really started when i went to India years ago, and ate roti and suckkr everyday.

Guest _g singh_

if you have eroded 7mm into your incisors I'm going to assume you are into the dentin already. Thus you are probably experiencing sensitivity and likely esthetic problems as well. Getting a crown may be a good option, however, fairly expensive. You could probably also get a composite filling, but that would probably only last a max of 5-7 years and thus you will have to replace it fairly regularily and thus a crown would probably be a better long term solution.

The first step however is to make sure you get the cause of the erosion under control, if your diet/hygeine needs to be changed, do it. If you grind you incisors then talk to your dentist about that. There isn't much point in doing a restoration if the root cause isn't solved.

do neem da dattan for 20 minutes in morning for 14 - 15 days and every tooth problem will be solved ... i m 24 and i do dattan every saturday sunday yet to see a dentist for a tooth problem ... my nana 80 + he to has all the teeth and often chew sugarcanes ... every one should make a habbit of dattan atleast on sunday ... it will help a lot ...

http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=127495

neem twigs ...

during guru jis time even followed today at many places ... after rehras sahib different types of twigs were distributed in sangat so that they can use it in morning in order to encourage sikhs to have a good oral health ... this is followed in our main gurdwara even today but by sangat only ... few people buy datans of 10 - 20 rs and keep it at exit gate of gurudwara ... whose ever wish can have it from there for free ...