Ci

ugurpals93

When i was a young boy, my parents told me that i was not allowed to go to the cinema, i have never been to the cinema because of thi. i have thought it as a tabboo

recently, my friend has built a huge cinema room in his mansion and has invited me to watch films with him, but i am in two minds because on one side i am intrigued to find out what it is like to have this exotic cinema feeling, but the other side is that i still think about what my parents said. i know my friend will invite other people but i dont want to be left out

saad sangant please help this confused mind

i heard some Katha (Maskeen Ji) about this subject once it went something like this (forgive any inaccuracies):

films/tv are like shrines of the 5 choor (lust, anger, ego, attachment, and greed).

we have the same 5 choor inside our minds that constantly pull us towards them and want us to behave under their influence.

when we watch films/tv we fall silent inside and our brains can even cease to have conscious thought (very dangerous as you become very pliable and susceptible to suggestions)

this is because what is shown on the screen and what is inside us merge and a balance is reached, so we feel detached and even content.

but this is bad, its not about feeding your 5 choor as they can consume your life (choor = thief), instead of you controlling them they will control your every action!

the best solution is to NAAM JAP. If you feel you are strong mentally and want to go purely for the "experience", which in itself can be a dangerous game then go,

but my sincere advice as a brother i would not recommend it unless you are watching a dharmic film (film about Sikhi).

if you've never been you are not missing anything at all trust me.

may Vaheguro bestow his kirpa upon my brothers and sisters in this darkness of kalyug.

• 6 months later...