The Power of Ardaas

THE POWER OF ARDAAS

Written by Bishan Singh “Palta” (Nabha) for Aatam Science Magazine.

Translated by Admin – www.tapoban.org

BIRTHEE KADAE NA HOVAEE, JAN KEE ARDAAS||

(The ardaas of a true servant never fails)

There is no doubt that there is unlimited power in Ardaas, provided that we do ardaas according to the correct methodology. We should have full faith in Vaheguru, in front of whom the ardaas is done. We should have faith that Vaheguru has the capability to fulfil our ardaas. We must do some personal effort to achieve that wish for which we do ardaas, and our wish must be according to Gurmat.

I will now write two incidents from my life, those prove the power of ardaas:

FIRST INCIDENT

This incident occurred around 1939, when daas (the writer) was working as the DSP (Deputy Superintendent of Police) of Moga city in Punjab. I had not been given permanent status yet and was working as a temp. My wife who is a very religious person, decided to do 125,000 recitations of shabad “Thir Ghar Baiso Harjan Pyaaray”, in order to get me permanent position as the DSP of Moga.

She did paath with utmost faith and enthusiasm. On the day of Bhog (on the 40th day), I myself performed the ardaas for the completion of 125,000 recitations of this shabad and asked for the fulfilment of our ardaas.

When I reached my office on the 40th day, I found a telegram on my desk, informing me that I had been appointed as the DSP of Moga on permanent basis. I was astonished to see the power of Ardaas and Gurbani.

SECOND INCIDENT

This incident occurred around 1953-1954. I used to live in Delhi at that

time and used to get up early at Amritvela. Around 4am, a chicken or a rooster used to cry out his normal crowing and this used to cause me to lose concentration in simran.

One day after the rooster crowed at 4am, I unintentionally said to Vaheguru, “O Vaheguru, why doesn’t this rooster just die”.

After this, I started doing simran again. Next day I heard that the rooster of our neighbour had died. When I heard this, I felt very bad and did ardaas to seek forgiveness for my ardaas, that was not according to Gurmat. But the arrow had left the bow. The bachan had left my mouth, while doing simran and it had to bring results.

My neighbour brought another rooster the next day and this new rooster too started crowing in the morning. On the fourth day, this rooster too died. This way, 7 roosters died in a short period of time.

I had told my wife about my ardaas and she went and spoke to our neighbour and told him to stop wasting money on buying new roosters as none of them would survive. At my wife’s advice, he stopped buying new roosters.

From this incident, Gursikhs who do simran should learn that while sitting absorbed in Naam simran, they should be very careful in what they say.

*************END OF TRANSLATION***************

The second incident is most interesting. All Gursikhs who do simran should be very careful in uttering and doing bachan. Sometimes, we say things without thinking and it can have detrimental affect on others and ourselves.

i have similar experiences with the ardas. alont time ago, i posted on sikhnet.com i wanted a sikh to come foreward who was good at effects. this was before the new year. for nine days, not 1 person came foreward to take up making this pic (you may have seen this by now.)

http://frontiernet.com/~lsingh4/1.jpg

anyway, on the evening of the ninth day, i decided to do ardas, and explained to maharaj what the plan was (explaning my code name for it "operation sikhi parchaar"). and so on the 10th day some canadian sikh emailed me and took up this act of sewa. and so that was how that image was made (in the link)

• 11 years later...