Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Once a Gursikh who was fairly young had gone with his family to visit the home of the Khalsa, Sachkhand Sri Anandpur Sahib Ji during the summer in the early 1970s. After bowing before Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and listening to gurbani the gursikh was told by his family that there was a certain Mahapursh who resided in the vicinity near Anandgarh Sahib who was the embodiment of Seva and who had attained Brahmgyan. The Mahapursh that the Gursikh’s family were talking about was Sant Baba Seva Singh Ji who took it upon themselves to build the historic Gurudwara Sahib’s around Sachkhand Sri Anandpur Sahib Ji.

The Gursikh was told by his family to go and do darshan of the Saint who had devoted himself so selflessly to his beloved Guru while they rested under the shade of a tree to escape the scorching sun. As the Gursikh walked he noticed that there were very few people on the roads due to the sweltering heat. The Gursikh who wasn’t sure of the whereabouts of the Saint stopped near a simple construction site where he saw an old man dripping with sweat carrying baked bricks on his head. Seeing the Gursikh the old man smiled. After exchanging Guru Sahib’s Fateh the young Gursikh asked the old man, “Babaji, do you know where the Mahapursh is?”

The old man still carrying the bricks replied in a sharp voice, “Kaka, which Mahapursh do you want to go and see?” Hearing this, the Gursikh was taken aback and was surprised that the old man did not know about Sant Baba Seva Singh Ji. The Gursikh then said, “I am looking for Sant Seva Singh Ji, I want to have darshan of that Mahapursh who is the embodiment of Seva.” The old man then pointed to a recently constructed Gurudwara Sahib and said, “Kaka why do you only want to see a Saint? If you go to that building inside you will find the Saint of Saints, the King of Kings Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj! I am a mere slave of that Guru, the only boat that can ferry this world across who named me Seva Singh.”

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguroo - Dhan Sant Baba Seva Singh Jee :BOW:

If I'm thinking of the same Mahapursh, he was the inspiration to the development of Siree Anandpur Sahib Jee in the '70s and '80s for the Khalsa Panth.

A Jatha of GurSikhs from Southall, London is still dedicated even today to send Seva they get from their Akhand Paath and Sukhmani Sahib Paath Seva to assist in the seva of Sant Baba Seva Singh Jee. This has been happening for the last 30 years - I think it's mentioned also in Bhai Rama Singh Jee's book as well.

:BOW: Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj :BOW:

• 1 month later...

No human being can be named or called as SAINT as no such designation/post /nomenculature has been assigned or rewarded or

bestowed upon any of the greatest sikhs in the history during life time of DAS GURU SAHIBAN. ThE GREAT SIKHS like Baba Buddha ji, Bhai GURDAS JI, Bhai Manjh, Bhai Behlo ji,Bhai Bidhi Chand ji, Bhai Mati Das ji,Bhai Mani Singh ji, Bhai Ghanaiya JI, Bhai Gurbakhash Singh ji ( The real name of Baba Banda Bahdur ji)and Bhai Daya Singh ji &other 4 Piyarer , were even not given the nomination or designation like SAINT, rather they were known and called with respectful adjectives like BABA or BHAI before their name. If our GURU SAHIB have not used this word /adjective foir any Sikh during their livelyhood ,then who are we to use this word?

If we ask our JUGO JUG ATAL GURU as to who is the saint, the reply is given to us by GURBANI as "HAMRO BHARTA BADO BIBEKI, AAPE SANT KAHAVE", and it means that THE ALMIGHTY WAHEGURU or AKAL PURAKH himself is THE SAINT, and nobody oher.

As such desist and avoid from calling or addressing or nominating any personaliuty as SANT OR SAINT.

I remember when I went to Anandpur Sahib there was a real small modern Gurdwara along with a real nice ancient looking langar hall.. When you walk to the langar hall you have to walk through an unsteady path. THis gurdwara was not from from Anand Garh Fort. We asked a sevadar about this Gurdwara and he said it was founded by a Sant. I wonder if he was referring to Sant Seva Singh Ji?