What Does This Video Mean ?

Guest PunjabSingh

Musalman and Hindu veers claim Sikhi is apart of their religions and now we have this women saying Sikhi is from Bhuddism. Sikhi and Buddism are different sidhant. Guru Sahib bani does fit with Buddism's veechar.

The lady should learn to qoute bhagat Ravidas jees bani correctly before she tries to do interpretations. Begum poora shehar koo nao has nothing to do with living in India or destroying the caste system, its an adhyamic shabad not from this world. Bhagat jee is talking about a place where he has already reached not a place which he wants to create in India. Amazing how these people do translations, next these people will decide to read the whole shabad and start saying we will not pay taxes because bhagat ravidas jee said.

Its quite insulting that she claims Guru Nanak Dev jee wanted to learn from sants and sadhus, Guru Nanak Dev jees bani came straight from nirankar, it was not written by discussions with other people. Jassi maih avai khasam kee bani.

The word Sikh came before Guru Gobind Singh jee, i dont know where she is going with her points. Because Khalsa comes from Arabic will these speakers start to claim we are muslims? The word Sikh and Buddism has no relation to Guru Nanak Dev jees sidhant. No where in Gurbani or itashac granths will you find guru jee saying this. Amazing how these people make conclusions.

Its amazing how they wish to tell us what Sikhi is yet they do not want to take amrit....vaal bakri maang katti hai ihnoo maryada dee kee ghaal karnee uhndee... They will never say Guru Gobind Singh jee said amrit chakoo atti Singh sajjoo. The whole video is twisted.... If their sant who was shot in vienna was spreading this bakwash then he was looking for pungi

Fateh!

According to this woman (did she actually breathe once during all that shrieking?), Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Buddhist because Buddha came first, and Guru Gobind Singh Ji was actually creating nothing new when he created the Khalsa, because when Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave us rehats on not stealing, not telling lies, he was copying Buddha who had said the same thing. She believes this is true because her brother read a book about it once. :rolleyes:

For the most part she just reveals her total ignorance regarding Buddhist doctrine and Sikhi, and fails to see the essential differences between the two such as: Buddhism is atheistic, Sikhi is monotheistic; Buddhists believe in ahimsa, Sikhs practice chatka; Buddhism says life is suffering, Sikhi tells us that the universe is an illusion; Sikhs have shastar vidiya for when the going gets tough, Buddhists prefer burning themselves alive.

On a serious note, Buddhism and Sikhi intersect perhaps on the level of shariat, but the spiritual disciplines (though perhaps maybe not the result of such practices) are distinct and separate.

She also completely misunderstands Bhagat Ravidas's bani, but then I am pretty sure she misunderstands everything else too (unless her brother has read a book about it).

I would probably be offended at her comments if I wasn't so stunned by her stupidity and slightly deafened by her high-pitched caterwauling (a clowder of cats gathered outside my window a few minutes after playing the video and they all look like they are ready to mate with my laptop).

Regards,

K.

...I watched the majority of this (I say majority because her high pitch was threatening to crack my screen - :o ) )

...my thoughts are that I think she is just trying to make a "nice" link & draw comparisons between Buddhism, Guru Ravidass Ji & Sikhi i.e. to cover all bases in terms of the so-called low caste community. I don't think her interpretations are completely accurate but she's entitled to her oppinions.

...an observation is that again the recurring theme is casteism & jaat paat - which Einstein ever thought of that?! ........

Fateh!

According to this woman (did she actually breathe once during all that shrieking?), Guru Nanak Dev Ji was Buddhist because Buddha came first, and Guru Gobind Singh Ji was actually creating nothing new when he created the Khalsa, because when Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave us rehats on not stealing, not telling the truth, he was copying Buddha who had said the same thing. She belives this is true because her brother read a book about it once.

For the most part she just reveals her total ignorance regarding Buddhist doctrine and Sikhi, and fails to see the essential differences between the two such as: Buddhism is atheistic, Sikhi is monotheistic; Buddhists believe in ahimsa, Sikhs practice chatka; Buddhism says life is suffering, Sikhi tells us that the universe is an illusion; Sikhs have shastar vidiya for when the going gets tough, Buddhists prefer burning themselves alive.

On a serious note, Buddhism and Sikhi intersect perhaps on the level of shariat, but the spiritual disciplines (though perhaps maybe not the result of such practices) are distinct and separate.

She also completely misunderstands Bhagat Ravidas's bani, but then I am pretty sure she misunderstands everything else too (unless her brother has read a book about it).

I would probably be offended at her comments if I wasn't so stunned by her stupidity and slightly deafened by her high-pitched caterwauling (a clowder of cats gathered outside my window a few minutes after playing the video and they all look like they are ready to mate with my laptop).

Regards,

K.

^^^ hahahahaha

Best post I read today.

in sarbloh granth guru sahib wrote that when rakshas (bad people ) started doing bhakti to get power then use this power to do bad things just like ravan he got all his shakti from bhakti then used this shakti to stop others from doing bhakti ... it was hard for devtas ( religious people ) to stop them ... so god send gautam budha to stop bad people from doing bhakti ... to hide truth from them ... gautam budha said every religious act is faith ... he told his people to shave of their hair ( though he kept his hair ) ... according to guru sahib budha was jyot of akal purkh who played a totaly different part from rest of avtars ... he mislead people as per hukams of akal purkh ...

u can find this in detail in sarbloh granth and in suraj parkash granth ... where guru sahib talked about jaini budhi behangam tantrik etc ...

Fateh!

-------- Buddhism says life is suffering, Sikhi tells us that the universe is an illusion; ------------

Kaljug Singh ji., Good post. However, your interpretation that according to Sikhi, universe is illusion, perhaps, should have been that the universe in transitory- some thing that has a beginning and that will have its ending. But during that period it is no illusion.

For the jiva (jeev) that live in this universe the universe is very much a reality, albeit it temporary/transient one . For jiva it is a field of action to do deeds according to Hukam given to them by the Akal Purkh and earn gian to see this temporary nature of the universe, and of all things of material in it. The true reality – the absolute truth – Sat (Sat naam) is the Akal Purkh Himself Who has created this universe. All things created by Him, after they have lived their lives (stayed in existence for the time allotted to them ), will merge back into Him (Akal Purkh,- the absolute Truth - true reality).

Gurbani tells us that by His Hukam many a worlds have been created and many have been destroyed by the Akal Purkh. He, by His own hukam, continually creates worlds and then destroys those when they have run their course. Man’s mind tends to believe that the world of maya (world made of material) is the true reality, but Gurbani tells us that it is not so - that the material world (world of maya) is only temporary. But the human mind tends to see this as the only reality. The true reality is the Akal Purkh Himself who creates all this. Guru Nanak is asking man to understand this misconception of mind, remove the veil of maya that surrounds the mind, and to create a state of mind which would allow the soul to merge back into the Akal Purkh from where it (soul) came from.

This theological difference alone sets the religion of Guru Nanak distinctly apart from any other religious system in the world

Bani of Guru Nanak is “dhur ki bani (Revealed word)”. No bhagat or sant was his guru. Guru to Nanak was the Devine itself that revealed those words. I noted, as all of you may have also noted, the woman in the video says that some sants who lived before Guru Nanak were his gurus, by that she is implying that Bhagat Ravidas who was older than Guru Nanak, was the guru of Guru Nanak. I wonder what would she says if one of her brothers tells her, that Baba Farid who lived even before Bhagat Ravidas should be considered the guru of Bhagat Ravidas. Please note, that Baba Farid was a Sufi whose version of Sufism was inspired by Quran . In fact there are more shabads written by Baba Farid that are included in Sri Guru Granth Sahib than that by Bhagat Ravidas. It is interesting to note that it was Baba Farid who converted a very large population of Punjab to Islam via Sufism. The majority of those converts were from low castes. I wonder, if she would accept her own argument and accept Baba Farid as the Guru of Bhagat Ravidas. As well, will she then accept that Bhagat Ravidas was a Muslim?

( sorry, for using using larger fonts. Due to a recent fluke situation, i have lost a bit of my vision. By God's grace it is improving slowly, albeit I may not regain all of it)

This foolish women is saying that Guru Nanak Dev Ji learnt forn sants and then she say that Guru Gobind Singh Ji Copied the Panj Piyare.

She Know nothing about Sikhi and she should be shot like that Ravidas guy. BANG BANG

HOLD ON - I don't agree with this woman BUT it is clear YOU are the one who knows very little about SIKHI...

Firstly - Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji does not teach us that if we disagree with someones views then we shoot them.. So I am sure everyone would agree with me and say these types of comments our unwelcome.

Secondly - your comment sounds like you are referring to Sat Guru Ravidass JI !!! THINK 1st! Either way I think you need to grow up.

^ wat happened to waheguru....waheguru...waheguru...?

and jassa can you throw some more light on buddha as per sarbloh granth please. thats a whole new thing to me as i thought buddha was against Brahminism and Feudal Hinduism etc. And are any Hindu dieties praised in Sarbhloh?