A Rap About Life And Sikhi

Guest _mr singh_

first of all that was not rap, it was a lame attempt at it. It was also not a true art form as art requires some degree of skill which was not present. I feel for his troubles but this so -called rap did not get to me as it did to others. Please don't title it as rap as it insults the true artist. I've been to a few soul and jazz cafes in Toronto, and as they pour their heart and souls out they produce music which this is not.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
first of all that was not rap, it was a lame attempt at it. It was also not a true art form as art requires some degree of skill which was not present. I feel for his troubles but this so -called rap did not get to me as it did to others. Please don't title it as rap as it insults the true artist. I've been to a few soul and jazz cafes in Toronto, and as they pour their heart and souls out they produce music which this is not.

idk what cafes there are in toronto nor do i live there but one thing you should always keep in mind is , ok fair enough you dont like it, noone , not even an artist with a label is appreciated for their work by every single person in this world so fine w/e right

but when someone is dep the last thing they need is more negativity, now i dont know if you have suffered through dep yourself before, but if you had i dont hink you would be neg towards him and what he has to say..

we shouldnt be so critical of someone who is going through hard times because you never know when that time might dawn upon you. im not going to talk about that anymore because i think its takign away from the posters point ( i highly doubt he was attempting to get a record deal with bad boy records and trying to be the next BIG or something , he was merely expressing what he felt and for me it was awesome )

im not being critical of what hes going through,i was being critical of his rap. He asked us what we think, so let me tell him what i think. He's asking about his rap. He didnt post asking "what do you guys think of my life" he's asking what we think of the way he expressed it. As i said before, I feel for him. So if he asked me what I think, let me say what I want. I'm not being critical of your comments, so dont be of mine.

Guest _mr singh_

firstly * ;) your message was beautiful. touched me but i feel better at teh beginning on this poem it talks of self harm and wards the end i talk about amrit. yeah im not 100% happy but im trying doing my seva go going gudwara and its helping a lot. i havent self harmed in ages dnt worry.

secondly the guy who didnt like it....i didnt post it to get rap awards. its barely a rap all it is a expressional poetry my feeling wrote down with a beat. ive never studied music never done rap but it sure did help me so lay off my back please. i feel we dont talk about this stuff enough in our community and hopefully if sum1 hears this they can see that no matter what things change. amrit is my life now end of.

Why would you want other people to give you feedback about what you've been through? Do you really want them to feel sorry for you? But why? Do you really need sympathy? How is that going to help you through anything?

No one is anyone's 'support' here. Mind it. Maharaj Ji says it again and again:

janan pithaa lok suth banithaa koe n kis kee dhhariaa ||

Mothers, fathers, friends, children and spouses-no one is the support of anyone else.

Without Maharaj Ji, no one can really help you with anything. It's not just a book sitting on the throne for God's sake. Go TALK to it. It's GURU NANAK himself. I don't know who the in the world or beyond can help you better than him. NO ONE.

sir sir rijak sanbaahae thaakur kaahae man bho kariaa ||

For each and every person, our Lord and Master provides sustenance. Why are you so afraid, O mind?

Don't waste time gathering up sympathies. Go talk to him. Learn to forgive. First yourself and then others.

Ji, koi galaan kar ke Shaheed nahin baneya. Bhagati karni pehendi ah. Baba Deep Singh Ji da Nitnem pata ki si? COUNTLESS---COUNTLESS 'Angint' NAAM simran. Angint Jap Ji Sahib Ji De Paath. Ehmay hoi nahin koi Shaheed Baneya. Kuch lehn layi-e Kuch Dehna Vi Pehnda Hai.

ja-o ta-o paraym khaylan kaa chaa-o.

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

sir Dhar talee galee mayree aa-o.

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

it maarag pair Dhareejai.

When you place your feet on this Path,

sir deejai kaan na keejai. ||20||

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

Baba Deep Singh Ji Maharaj (No difference between Guru Nanak and his Jan) did exactly this. But he didn't complain to Maharaj Ji. Nor did he seek any sympathies.

And what are you doing? Harming your God given gift---this rare HUMAN body. A precious gift. What type of a shaheed are you planning to be?

Care about this human body. Many are longing for this but they cannot receive this gift. You are lucky. Forgive your past and move on. Mitti Na Farolo. Kuch Labna Nahin. Look ahead. Shabad helps us do this. Sing a Gurbani line in your mouth throughout the day.

His path is for humble beings. Try not to swear so much. We become humble by doing 'seva'. Go clean the toilets in your Gurudwara Sahib. Do it with humility. If you 'thinking' about it. Then you won't be able to do it. Sangat di 'Reinka' ban ke hi Akal Purakh nu Pa Sakde Han. Ehme Gaalan Naal Nahin.

Pehla maran kabool. Jeewan ki chhad aas. Hohu sabhna ki reinka. To aao hamarey paas.

Ji, I apologize for being so harsh. But this was the only way to really 'poke' your soul.

You really need to do seva. It brings humility in one. Sadh Sangat gives us 'uttam' mat. Mool Mantra while doing seva shall help you.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Im glad it helped you. and i think its obvious youve never studied music. All m saying is that it was a lame attempt at rapping. nothing against you or what youve gone through. The point of writing down ur feelings with a beat as you put it, is to actually match the beat, which you didnt. anyways this is a waste of time,just wanted to say that you probably shouldnt post your "raps" unless you're willing to take a little criticsm.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
firstly * ;) your message was beautiful. touched me but i feel better at teh beginning on this poem it talks of self harm and wards the end i talk about amrit. yeah im not 100% happy but im trying doing my seva go going gudwara and its helping a lot. i havent self harmed in ages dnt worry.

secondly the guy who didnt like it....i didnt post it to get rap awards. its barely a rap all it is a expressional poetry my feeling wrote down with a beat. ive never studied music never done rap but it sure did help me so lay off my back please. i feel we dont talk about this stuff enough in our community and hopefully if sum1 hears this they can see that no matter what things change. amrit is my life now end of.

good for you:) + nice to hear

Guest _mr singh_

anotehr poem with music by moi!!!im not doing this for rap awards and the music isnst even that good and i make mistakes in it!!!but its my way of expressing myself./if u dnt like it tough....but im giving my opinion about it and trying to make a diff. sikhi forever me singh