A Rap About Life And Sikhi

Guest _mr singh_

Guest _mr singh_

what does everyone think?its my struggle with life relationships self harm depression and my realisation that sikhi is my future. its hard hitting but its heklped me cope.

what does everyone think?its my struggle with life relationships self harm depression and my realisation that sikhi is my future. its hard hitting but its heklped me cope.

brother, that made me cry.. why ? because you remind me of someone i know

my fiancee is someone who was exactly like you, he did self harm, he went through everything you are lsiting, he was a mona too and then he became a singh, wants to be shaheed , ebverything, just like you...why i cry is becaues you remind me of how he was when i first met him i could tell something wasnt right

but brother these things happen to us in life because they are a blessing in disguise, stop! the self harm PLEASE stop it, in your future you will have babies, kids who will grow up and not want their daddy to have self harmed himself, they want u to be strong right now for them and for yourself, this relationship u were in was a rude awakening, one day you are going to meet your singhni, just keep remembering god, and surround yourself with positive energy and wiat for taht day, when you have a family of your own, a singhnee who would give her breath in a minute for you and beautiful children who will love you to death.. please for their sake, stop this,

i know because this is what my fiancee was going through , we met and he changed so mcuh, when you find someone special who has same goals as you in terms of sikhi, you will both strive for the rest of your life and reach god together, you are a singh , remember wat that means, you arent weak, you arent any less than any other singh, GURU GOBIND SINGH JI granted you with that name, why would you cry brother? why would you hurt urself? let this thing go, if it is time for marriage so be it...dont get attached to who you were with before, ppl come and go trsut me, but in your life was written a woman who would come and hold your arm and be by your side and taht is your soulmate.. she is out there somewhere, you two jsut have to meet either by parents introduction or anyway, you are destined to meet and together you guys will flourish.

trust me on this again my fiancee was just liek you and hearing this makes me cry because i remember those times he would act like this and i didnt know wat was going on ( we werent engaged at that time)

dont think noone is there for you, go to smaagams ,g o to gurd and do seva, slowly the elders, the youth, will start seeing you and they will start talking to you and noone and i mean NOONE is a truer friend than a gursikh, surround urself with the true sangat in whom resides our guru and guru will never leave you ever, ever.

me and my fiancee and all of the sikhs love you because you are our brother, the whole panth loves you , you are very vaulable to us and to sikhi, we need you, please stand up again:) you are a blessed soul, please do realize this

if you feel liek you are lonely yo umight be at an age to get married, possibly you can tell your parents or if ur parents arent into sikhi you can speak to an elder gursikh at a gurdwara that you want to find a good sikh girl to marry but your parents arent AD therefore cant help, but do bring it up to your parents

imagine a small baby in the hands of a mother, a father, thats who you were one time to your parents, do you think they would want that baby to feel this down? no. in your future, do you want your baby to grow up and feel this down? no.

so brother im begging you, please reflect on this and DO post back on ss and tell me what you think, if you need to talk to a singh i can introduce you to my singh, but please do not do this to yourself, my finacee can talk to u as well, we are ver open minded people and seeing that you two can relate so much please just ask and we will post an email address at which you can email us at and we can exchange information that way privately

stay in chardi kala:)

I thought it was pretty good. I have been through similar ordeals and highly recommend that you add as much seva, simran and sangat to your rehit as you can.

There are some really awesome videos by Guruka Singh that talk about relationships and such issues. The videos use concepts that are deep yet simple.

Good Luck Bro

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

my dear brother, let me tell you something that my doctor ( who is chinese) explained to me when i was going to start a really tough journey in terms of school..

its the concept of the chinese yin yang, im sure you haev seen the symbol , if not go to this: http://www.usask.ca/wcvm/herdmed/specialst...rs/yingyang.gif

basically the black represents coldness, hard, tough, sadness etc

the white represents happiness, peace, bliss

life is like a circle of cycles, start from one part of this circle and you will see that at some points in life you have some happiness and this happiness at times is at its peak ( the white half of the circle) however within this happiness also exists some tough aspects of life ( the black dot).

again as the circle of life continues, there are times when yuo rlife will also go into a phase where now bad things will start to outweigh the good things and this is when you enter the black par tof the circle, as you keep going through the circle ( life) you see that the bad thigns get to their peak, however even at the worst of times you can see a small dot of white which is the happiness that co exists, however small in comparison that it might be, with your sadness..

as you can see in life there are ups and downs, however it is important to remember that in times that are tough, good will always follow, its jsut a matter of time, and good will sometiems also fall over into bad BUT at both times in ones life BOTH exist, so if you are in a black area of your life REMEMBER THAT THE WHITE IS ALSO PRESENT IN YOUR LIFE AT ALL TIMES DONT FORGET THAT AND HOLD ONTO IT BECAUSE ONE DAYIT WILL GROW AND OVERCOME THE DARKNESS IN YOUR LIFE..

this is the cycle of life and through itwe become wise, we become stronger and we build character, if we didnt exxperince hard times, we wouldnt have a story, if we didnt have a story we dont have respect, if you dont have resepct, noone wants ur wisdom ( which u widnt have anyway)

dont forget the yin yang and look towards the future, take charge of ur life and turn it around, grab the bull by its horns so to speak, you are in charge of what you do and how you feel, noone else can dictate that, you were able to pass classes, you were able to take showers and feed yourself, you were able to grow into the man, the singh that you are today, which is a great accomplishment, and you can change this outlook onlife as well

i will pray for u

not liking the f word. just say allow life or forget this n that..dont need to swear. its a dirty word and it pollutes the mouths and minds of those who speak it. Guru Maharaaj wouldnt swear. also, you may want to speed it up, its difficult to listen to because its so slow. but other than that, props to u mate.

stay strong bro. everyone goes through ups and downs. it seems you have been through more downs than ups but u gotta remember it all evens out, so if you feel like lifes been tough then remember good times are always ahead. with a positive perspective, right sangat and frame of mind we can turn even bad phases in life into good times. so remember to always have faith in maharaj and know what he is doing is only going to help you in the future, we might not be able to see it right away but it always does. so always stay chardikala.

btw the rap was good, gotta work on your flow though, a bit too slow.

"I wish I could end this story with something to shout about" But you did!!! when you said, "There's only one true love, sikhi forever"

To preserve a man alive in the midst of so many chances and hostilities, is as great a miracle as to create him. ~Jeremy Taylor

Life is like a blanket too short. You pull it up and your toes rebel, you yank it down and shivers meander about your shoulder; but cheerful folks manage to draw their knees up and pass a very comfortable night.

- Marion Howard

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

brother, that made me cry.. why ? because you remind me of someone i know

my fiancee is someone who was exactly like you, he did self harm, he went through everything you are lsiting, he was a mona too and then he became a singh, wants to be shaheed , ebverything, just like you...why i cry is becaues you remind me of how he was when i first met him i could tell something wasnt right

but brother these things happen to us in life because they are a blessing in disguise, stop! the self harm PLEASE stop it, in your future you will have babies, kids who will grow up and not want their daddy to have self harmed himself, they want u to be strong right now for them and for yourself, this relationship u were in was a rude awakening, one day you are going to meet your singhni, just keep remembering god, and surround yourself with positive energy and wiat for taht day, when you have a family of your own, a singhnee who would give her breath in a minute for you and beautiful children who will love you to death.. please for their sake, stop this,

i know because this is what my fiancee was going through , we met and he changed so mcuh, when you find someone special who has same goals as you in terms of sikhi, you will both strive for the rest of your life and reach god together, you are a singh , remember wat that means, you arent weak, you arent any less than any other singh, GURU GOBIND SINGH JI granted you with that name, why would you cry brother? why would you hurt urself? let this thing go, if it is time for marriage so be it...dont get attached to who you were with before, ppl come and go trsut me, but in your life was written a woman who would come and hold your arm and be by your side and taht is your soulmate.. she is out there somewhere, you two jsut have to meet either by parents introduction or anyway, you are destined to meet and together you guys will flourish.

trust me on this again my fiancee was just liek you and hearing this makes me cry because i remember those times he would act like this and i didnt know wat was going on ( we werent engaged at that time)

dont think noone is there for you, go to smaagams ,g o to gurd and do seva, slowly the elders, the youth, will start seeing you and they will start talking to you and noone and i mean NOONE is a truer friend than a gursikh, surround urself with the true sangat in whom resides our guru and guru will never leave you ever, ever.

me and my fiancee and all of the sikhs love you because you are our brother, the whole panth loves you , you are very vaulable to us and to sikhi, we need you, please stand up again:) you are a blessed soul, please do realize this

if you feel liek you are lonely yo umight be at an age to get married, possibly you can tell your parents or if ur parents arent into sikhi you can speak to an elder gursikh at a gurdwara that you want to find a good sikh girl to marry but your parents arent AD therefore cant help, but do bring it up to your parents

imagine a small baby in the hands of a mother, a father, thats who you were one time to your parents, do you think they would want that baby to feel this down? no. in your future, do you want your baby to grow up and feel this down? no.

so brother im begging you, please reflect on this and DO post back on ss and tell me what you think, if you need to talk to a singh i can introduce you to my singh, but please do not do this to yourself, my finacee can talk to u as well, we are ver open minded people and seeing that you two can relate so much please just ask and we will post an email address at which you can email us at and we can exchange information that way privately

stay in chardi kala:)

please read this, its good advice

in regards to the posters rap, it was real, raw emotion that really got tome, this is what us pure poetry, art and rap, it expresses its emotion in true form, the listener can feel it, it really hit me hard..

in the end its not about how hes rapping or what, its a true art form, i felt liek i was in a soul cafe on a saturday night where african americans come together to express poetry on the stage with music in the bkgd, thats real emotion, it doenst have to rhyme it doenst have to sound a certain way its just very expressive

its not about the music itself its about this person and other ppl, we all do go through very trying times in life but keep your head up, look up not down, people in your life do come and go, and theres a purpose to all of this, however only THOSE WHO STAY IN OUR LIVES NO MATTER WHAT ARE WORTH SHEDDING A TEAR FOR AND TRUST ME THOSE PPL WILL COME INTO YOUR LIFE AND ARE THERE NOW AS WELL WE JSUT HAVE TO LOOK AROUND:)

read the above post i think it will give you something to think abuot , as well as the rest of us, we have so much of our lives ahead of us and even for those who dont, there is much more to come, dont dwell on this time or the past, forget it and look forward to the future

stay in chardi kala- look into that, what is chardikala and who demonstrated it in sikh history, what is th essence of it? once you find out, apply it to urself + stay in chardikala always:)