No One Leaves Guru Sahib’s House Emptied Handed

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

One time at Sachkhand Sri Darbar Sahib the renowned Sikh scholar Dr Bhai Vir Singh Ji was sat on the parkarma listening to the beautiful kirtan that was resonating throughout the world from the house of Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Ram Das Ji Maharaj. As Bhai Sahib sat lost in thought of his beloved Guru he saw many Sikhs walking around the parkarma uttering the praises of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. A middle aged man who was making his way around the house of the king of kings caught the attention of Bhai Sahib. The man would stand up straight utter a prayer with clasped hands before bowing in a prone position. In this way the man slowly made his way around the parkarma.

BhaiVirSingh.jpg

When Bhai Sahib saw this he first thought to himself what deceit is this man practising. But then he thought it is wrong of me to judge anyone let me go and speak to this man and ask him where he has come from and who has taught him this. As Bhai Sahib greeted the man and asked him these questions the man began to cry.

He said, “I was shown this path of love by a Sikh Sant from Patiala. Once he brought me and my family to the first step of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj we placed all our faith and hopes in Guru Sahib and now have become firmly attached to his beautiful feet.”

“At one time we were a very wealthy Hindu family. But one day everything changed. Our only son became very sick and to try to find a cure for his illness we spent all our money. We contacted doctors from all over the world but our son did not get any better. After medicine had failed us we then contacted some healers but this did not make a difference. Finally when we had lost all hope one of our friends mentioned that there was a Sant from the house of Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. We were told that that house was different from any other as no one left it emptied handed no matter where they came from.”

“In great hope we went to see the Sant who told us about the power of the Guru and his bani. After doing an ardas for our son the Sant handed me a Gutka Sahib in Hindi which had the words Sukhmani Sahib written on the front. The beloved Sikh of Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj told us to do an akhand jaap of this bani. Within a couple of hours our son rose from his bed for the first time in months and within a few days recovered fully from his illness.”

Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh