Question On Sikh & Khalsa

Samadhi

Was just looking for the thoughts of some people here.

Basically can you be a Sikh without taking Amrit( khandeh ke paul)? or should i say can you be a 'Sikh' without being a 'Khalsa' or joining the Khalsa panth (as in prescribing to wear 5 kakkars etc)

A Khalsa is meant to be a Saint and A Warrior. But is it a must that anyone that wants to be a Sikh has to become a Khalsa? or is that a choice? e.g. like Nirmaleh (far as I no don’t take khandeh ke paul or do they ? )

if someone does not want to adopt the warrior lifestyle or adopt the 5k's does he have to go find another religion?

Would like your views

Guest confusingh

My view is they are then a Manmukh, and true salvation cannot be carried out by following Manmant, Gurmat does need to be adopted, however our religion is open to anybody who wants to learn, there are no barriers and SHOULDN'T be any barriers,,, however there are plenty of Gursikhs who take Amrit and then feel the need to act superior to everybody and look down on non-amritdharis, they feel as if they have become better than others, and these are the Singhs who don't understand Sikhi, we shouldn't look down on anybody, Sikhi is an equal ground, and there are posters who say we've got this much supernatural powers etc. but that isn't Sikhi either, far from it in fact, look at Shabads and Gurbani, all the way through there is a message of equality, so if one follows these and really does believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj as their guru and try to keep within Rehat Maryada as much as possible, I don't see why that person should not be seen as a Sikh.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna, this is simply my opinion.

Fateh!

Was just looking for the thoughts of some people here.

Basically can you be a Sikh without taking Amrit( khandeh ke paul)? or should i say can you be a 'Sikh' without being a 'Khalsa' or joining the Khalsa panth (as in prescribing to wear 5 kakkars etc)

A Khalsa is meant to be a Saint and A Warrior. But is it a must that anyone that wants to be a Sikh has to become a Khalsa? or is that a choice? e.g. like Nirmaleh (far as I no don't take khandeh ke paul or do they ? )

if someone does not want to adopt the warrior lifestyle or adopt the 5k's does he have to go find another religion?

Would like your views

ER NIRMALE AS WITH ALL SIKH ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE AMRIT. BUT UNFORTUNATELY MAJORITY OF THE NIRMALE HAVE TURNED A BIT HINDUFIED AND HAVE DONT TAKE AMRIT.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPITAL LETTERS :D

This is highly disillusioned belief. Term Sikh and Khalsa are synonymous. There is no difference. It is due to propaganda of Hindu fascists and their puppets like Mcleod that are confusing the general public in thinking that Sikh and Khalsa are two different things. There is no evidence from Gurmat literature that gives two different definitions. A Sikh is Khalsa and Khalsa is a Sikh.

A Khalsa is meant to be a Saint and A Warrior. But is it a must that anyone that wants to be a Sikh has to become a Khalsa? or is that a choice? e.g. like Nirmaleh (far as I no don’t take khandeh ke paul or do they ? )

A Sikh is he who follows the hukam of Satguru. There is only one type of Sikh in Gurmat. Appearance, bani, bana, rehat etc are all one. There are no multiple versions. Nirmalas are required to take Amrit and their own version of rehat maryada makes it mandatory for them to take Amrit. Taking Amrit is the first step in entering the Sikh path. One must be a guru-wala in order to become a Sikh. Sikhi is path of submission not choices. A Sikh or Khalsa is a saint-warrior. Sikhs prior to 1699 kept rehat and weapons and fought Mughals.

They don’t have to find another religion. It is their choice but they will not be Sikh if they don’t follow Gurmat which includes taking Amrit, keeping rehat, kakkars etc. it sounds foolish to call yourself a Sikh and not follow the fundamentals. If one wants to pick and choose then Gurmat is not the path for them.

One can follow Sikhi as much as they want and read bani as much as they want but if they don't take Amrit and follow the hukam (which includes everything in rehat) then they cannot be called Sikhs. For example, many Hindus, Muslims, Christians read banis like Sohila Sahib and Sukhmani Sahib and listen to Keertan but they are not Sikhs. It doesn't make them inferior, it makes them non-Sikhs.

Agree with Bijla, Sikh and Khalsa are the same. To become a Sikh of Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj , to Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj, you took Amrit from Charan paul, that was how you were initiated into Sikhi, Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj gave us Khande Bate da paul, by which we initiate in.

Differing ways same result, you become a SIkh of he Guru, and to become it, you ask for admission in, the admission in, is Amrit

Guest confusingh

Rehat Maryada tells us :-

Any human being who faithfully believes in

i. One Immortal Being,

ii. Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Sahib to Guru Gobind Singh Sahib,

iii. The Guru Granth Sahib,

iv. The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and

v. the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh

believe; accept as being true...faithfully; in affection or allegiance

So would this mean that a non-amritdhari who does faithfully accept Amrit Sanchar as being true is a Sikh?...

I've always thought of people who follow the above of Rehat Maryada as being fellow Sikh brothers and sisters, obviously others feel differently?

The Rehat Maryada is our code of conduct so should this not be the definition of a Sikh?

Fateh!

A Sikh a is person who follows the teachings of the gurus. and Khalsa is a person who follows the rehat of guru gobind singh basically the same thing. but some people think that a Sikh is some who follows the three teachings of guru Nanak 1. naam jappo 2. kirt karo 3. vand chako people that haven't taken amrit usually say this so they don't have to keer there hair and not take amrit. But even ever April when we celebrate the birth of khalsa, the people celebrating are the people that have taken amrit put the ones that haven't are like guest's in someones party. but they say that everybody born in the world is born a Sikh.

bhul chuk maf