Genetics Of The South Asian Male

Guest fordcapri

What a load of B.S.!! Have you seen Manga Mithapuria, kabaddi raider?

Maybe you weren't training hard enough. I grew up in Africa, and in my school, the strongest guys were all Punjabis.

If you eat crap and train like a girl or use the rubbish methods found in magazines, then you won't see results. Blaming genetics is an excuse.

There are Punjabis with good genetics, others with bad - just like any other group.

Check out http://sikhinspiredfitness.forums-free.com

What a load of B.S.!! Have you seen Manga Mithapuria, kabaddi raider?

Maybe you weren't training hard enough. I grew up in Africa, and in my school, the strongest guys were all Punjabis.

If you eat crap and train like a girl or use the rubbish methods found in magazines, then you won't see results. Blaming genetics is an excuse.

There are Punjabis with good genetics, others with bad - just like any other group.

Check out http://sikhinspiredfitness.forums-free.com

You're right brother, we can't just blame genetics or body types or anything. The way forward is to stop making excuses and keep trying with good research and hard work!

fordcapri, you shouldnt put pics of yourself on the net mate.

ErikEstrada.jpg

oh and i'd go easy on the hate of others for their physique, and eat less junk. we sikhs are a pretty hench lot but our traditional diet doesnt help. do a variety of activities along the following 4 lines: weight training or strength exercises/sports like football/a martial art you enjoy/ running-cycling-rowing.

Training for hypertrophy (mass) is different to training for strength is different to training for power is different to training for weight loss.

One's genes may naturally incline one to be big and bulky or slim and wiry, but there's no reason one cannot overcome these natural obstacles. If you are naturally big and want to lose weight you are going to have to put some serious work into your diet and training routine, and you will most definitely lose muscle and strength in your quest to get shredded.

But FYI, it's not a natural state for anyone to be big and shredded - most people who are in such a condition are using roids and drugs like diuretics and estrogen-blockers to get rid of excess water, and even professional bodybuilders will only keep their peak condition for a very short period of time after competing or a photoshoot. Check out photos of bbers like Lee Priest, Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler in their off-season.

The question is why would anyone want to look ripped just for cosmetic purposes? I'd rather be big, strong, powerful and have great cardio fitness. That way I can either fight if the need arises or run like hell (e.g., if I'm being chased by some drunk ugly woman looking for companionship on the way back from work). In Jang, you can't flash your abs at an enemy and hope that they will forget that they are trying to kill you as they lose themselves in admiration of your 6-pack.

Regards,

K.

Racial steroetyping is a tricky subject because it is such a complicated minefield that its so easy to get it wrong and hence you never see the subject being an issue in reputable sports literature.

From a basic evolutionary perspective there are some racial types more prone to be lean mass and those who are less prone. Negroid people are on the leaner side - but there are noteable exceptions. Similarly with Orientals. Caucasoids and others tend to be less lean etc. Its a matter of natural selection ie tall, thin and black means more tolerance to UV light damage of the skin (and hence risk of being killed off with skin cancers), as well as being good of getting rid off heat and keeping cool. Lighter skin, a more squarish shape and bit more fat suit cooler climates. This explains differences in build.

From a physiological perspective it is known that some people have a greater proportion of fast-twitch skeletal muscle than slow-twitch ie explosive power versus endurance power. This grouping of people often corresponds to racial typing eg Jamaican sprinters vs Kenyan marathon runners etc.

Many people of a Punjabi background will be racially classed amongst the Caucasoid group. The typical Punjabi phenotype however, will pile on and store calories when food is abundant as fat, and due to genetics, where the ancestors were until relatively recently always farming and warring, this was burnt off easily. The reason for this is due to the more extreme seasons and erraticness of drought making harvests less relaible than in the temperate zones of northern Europe for example. Hence your average Anglo-Saxon phenotype (same Caucasoid racial group) is less prone to atherogenic disease per intake of calories, as their body types do not lap up the calories with such vigour ie the body is not thinking I'd better store this incase the harvest is bad.

So your physique is a matter of genetics and the workout that you put in - best to forget about racial issues altogether. Your phenotype may simply need longer workouts/ more reps/ heavier weights and less reps etc.... Experiment to see what works for YOU as an INDIVIDUAL.

p.s. A lot more men than you may think at the gym are using cutters and steroids. All of these things are not the difficult-to-get-ahold of things that they used to be in the 70s and 80s. They are freely available by foreign mailorder over the internet and if importing for self-use, then due to a nasty legal loophole that needs sorting out depserately, the authorities (Customs) will at the most confiscate and destroy them, but I'd say 95% plus get through to the customer.

Do not compare yourself to others and think its because of my race etc.....just find the best method for you. Personally for me I need to do intense cardio, mixed with low reps of heavy stacks, otherwise the physique goes waaaayside!

Guest fordcapri
^^^ i do wieghts, yoga, thia boxing, and use my local lesuire centre, have done for 3 years.

on top of that try free running (ie outdoor running) or cycling outside or rowing. and try a better diet.

im not trying loose wieght, im under 11st at this moment in time, and hight is 5 8 so you work out my weight in propartion to height. and have a rough idea of my build.

When doing weights my mass increases muscle dont and i dont get much physeec, thats why i started the thread in order to get some answers.

^^^ i do wieghts, yoga, thia boxing, and use my local lesuire centre, have done for 3 years.

on top of that try free running (ie outdoor running) or cycling outside or rowing. and try a better diet.

im not trying loose wieght, im under 11st at this moment in time, and hight is 5 8 so you work out my weight in propartion to height. and have a rough idea of my build.

When doing weights my mass increases muscle dont and i dont get much physeec, thats why i started the thread in order to get some answers.

lol, who said its about losing weight? i know people who weight train, eat more and wonder why they still look a bit too bulky. people with 'physique' are those who do a variety of exercises. if its your abs and chest your trying to sort out try press-ups, sit ups, front and side plank, plus the stuff i mentioned earlier.