Genetics Of The South Asian Male

Guest fordcapri

Guest fordcapri

Been doing weights for a while was really in to it 2 years ago.

However I noticed there was mass increase rather than muscle and physic.

I also notice that black and some white guys don’t need to train yet they have physic

The only Asians I really notice with “cut up bodies” are the one doing steroids.

Anyone no why Asians dont have much physic??

South Asians have a higher fat:muscle ratio. They also have smaller bones..

Hence South Asians have increased chances of heart disease etc ata lower BMI compared to others.

Afro-Carribeans have a lower fat:muscle ratio.. ie: more muscle than fat and bigger boned. So at higher BMI's they have lower risk of CHD etc compared to that of Asians.

Caucasians are like... inbetween

So technically, we're born to be big and fat :\

Oh yeah, then you have the 3 body types..

Ectomorph (patla jeha) - find it really hard to gain weight

Mesomorph (hatha katha) - can alter weight easily - athletic type

Endomorph (mota jeha) - find it hard to lose weight

That's it in a nutshell.. for more info just google the terms lol

Guest fordcapri

Hence South Asians have increased chances of heart disease etc ata lower BMI compared to others.

Afro-Carribeans have a lower fat:muscle ratio.. ie: more muscle than fat and bigger boned. So at higher BMI's they have lower risk of CHD etc compared to that of Asians.

Cheers bro sound as though you what you are taking bout, yes i shall be googleing some of the terms you have used.

Explains a few things, i was putting hours in to weights and sit ups ect yet was getting the change i was hopeing for.

I give upTo be honset the best we can hope for is "beefy shape" and with a tshirt over it whose going to see the actually body.

Guest fordcapri

This also puts to bed un-researched theroys like "its cos of curries and pronta, butter and grease" "asians work 24-7 they have no time for fitness"

well whites work hard so do blacks i guess. as for diet gorey gobbling down greasy fry ups and blacks smoking weed like its medicence.

Yet they more in shape than us.

kidda fordcarpri,

Too be honest, when I went to Punjab, I did a fair bit of wrestling and kabaddi with the local pindus who were of my age group. All of them were into training and had cut up physiques. Obviously none of them had computer games and some of them had never even tasted chocolate. None of them had any motor transport and would either take the bus or walk.

My point is that I dont agree that apnay have poor physiques genetically. Actually our physiques are naturally pretty good but we dont make the most out of them by training hard and eating properly. Sedentary lifestyle is the main cause of poor physique.

Also, if you want to have a cut-up physique your going to have to push the cardiovascular endurace training and not just do weights.

Over the years Iv used quite a few resources for this including: http://www.wildmantraining.com/

I find short intense circuits lasting 5-10 minutes, excellent ways of increasing fitness, endurance and burning fat.

For example, set your alarm for ten minutes and do 10 push ups, 10 burpees and 10 sit ups as fast as you can, and do it continuously for ten minutes without any rest. You dont have to go to the gym for this and can do it in your house very easily.

Hope this helps

vjkk vjkf

Guest fordcapri
kidda fordcarpri,

Too be honest, when I went to Punjab, I did a fair bit of wrestling and kabaddi with the local pindus who were of my age group. All of them were into training and had cut up physiques. Obviously none of them had computer games and some of them had never even tasted chocolate. None of them had any motor transport and would either take the bus or walk.

My point is that I dont agree that apnay have poor physiques genetically. Actually our physiques are naturally pretty good but we dont make the most out of them by training hard and eating properly. Sedentary lifestyle is the main cause of poor physique.

Also, if you want to have a cut-up physique your going to have to push the cardiovascular endurace training and not just do weights.

Over the years Iv used quite a few resources for this including: http://www.wildmantraining.com/

I find short intense circuits lasting 5-10 minutes, excellent ways of increasing fitness, endurance and burning fat.

For example, set your alarm for ten minutes and do 10 push ups, 10 burpees and 10 sit ups as fast as you can, and do it continuously for ten minutes without any rest. You dont have to go to the gym for this and can do it in your house very easily.

Hope this helps

vjkk vjkf

Good Morning

My thread is more of a general comparasion of asian to backs and white, obvislay kabbdi players will have some meat on them so maybe its a bit unfair to use them as an example.

Take 3 ordanry blokes(asian ,white,black) doing the same job same age, same life lifeystyle, same weight, put them in a gym for a month who will get better faster results ??

Rember that boxer "prince nazeem" he was fighting mans the same wieght as him yet there physique was better.

Amir khan is a lot better but when he fights blacks or better you do see a diffrence in shape of body.

I also notice that black and some white guys don’t need to train yet they have physic

The only Asians I really notice with “cut up bodies” are the one doing steroids.

Why don't you keep your generalizations to yourself instead of throwing around very casually western terminology like "Asian male", "South Asian" and so on.

You are what you eat, what you think and what you do.

I am what I eat, what I think and what I do.

And you can be whatever you want, it is in your hands.

nah, these were just normal pindu guys. Remember, kabaddi is their main sport just like football is here in UK. I guess it also depends on what you mean as getting good 'results'

If your talking purely about cosmetics, then possibly, kaalay look better because they have a lower body fat composition.

However, if you talk about body performance then I dont really think that race comes into it that much. Its all about hard work and hard training.

Its not purely about body genetics. Look at the chinese in the olympics they were killing it, yet they are smaller than everyone else and wouldnt have what I would describe as gifted natural genetics. However, they train religiously and are very dedicated.

Even if there was some truth in the idea that apnay dont have the best genetics, I dont think that this is the main reason why we should be held back in sports. It is easy to blame genetics for our misgivings but I guess it is harder to just walk through them and train that extra bit harder if we have to

Guest fordcapri

Why don't you keep your generalizations to yourself instead of throwing around very casually western terminology like "Asian male", "South Asian" and so on.

You are what you eat, what you think and what you do.

I am what I eat, what I think and what I do.

And you can be whatever you want, it is in your hands.

who rattled your cage ??

theres certain thing you cant come over when science and nature is involved.

Inside we are the same, we all have the same potential, just got to do different things to get there. You can train as hard as you want, but you also need to have a good diet, and get plenty of rest aswell to see results. IT also depends on your rep range.

I also think it is because we are not getting enough sunlight, sunlight is resposnible for us getting vitamin D. Vitamin D can work wonders on your body. For you to have stronger muscles, you need stronger bones, this comes from calcium, calcium can only be absorbed from vitamin D. Also if you lack this vitamin, you body starts to waste muscles. We would be so much naturally stronger with this vitamin.

And white people, can go out in the sun for only 15 minutes and they can get sufficient vitamin D. But asians and blacks need to spend more time. Because our skin is darker. But black people actually do go outside. Asians usually stay indoors all the time. If you look at generally any south asian persons skin, who was born and bred in the UK, and generally never go out holidays. There skin will be quite pale compared to indians who actually live in India/south asia. Our skin evolved for use in Asia, so if we are to get more vitamin D, i suggest we just go out more. A simple test you can do to test if you bones aren't as strong as they should be is, to press down on your sternum using your fingers, if it hurts, it means you haven't got enough calcium. or try punching a wall, it shouldnt hurt for atleast 5 times of punchinng.

Also our whole body can become weak, if you do not condition your feet. WE are too use to walking in shoes now. WE should try to walk barefoot more. This conditions all your leg, will cure any knee problems, then generally restore all your body, right up through your spine and neck. And not just inside, but outdoors aswell, our feet were designed to be able to be used outside. We are not born with shoes. Simple is better, our Guru's generally said the same thing.

Be more natural, and more exposed to the natural elements of the world. I see alot of asians, with massive hands, compared to the goreh because they are use to more labour type work. And they are generally less prone to the heat, like they can turn rotis round without using a chimta or whatever. It is basicially what ever your body is exposed to, that is what you will be. I know that south asians that have moved to the west, generally have tougher skin. The south asians in asia, don't have great diet, so they are not as strong as they could be, the south asians in the west, generally don't do much physical stuff.

But that is all generalization, everyone is different. I have some massive people in my family, and also some quite small.

I hate to be a <banned word filter activated> and always talk about karma, but its true. The fact which genetics we have and all that is based on karma. The fact we get stronger or whatever willl be based on karma, just pray to God, he will sort your problems out.

Also, don't always believe in conventional science, there are some amazing things out there, like something called the warrior diet, its really good i reccomend you read on it. Because conventional science use to say, don't go in the sun you will get sun skin cancer, always wear lots of cream, but now they are saying well actually we need to get some sunlight, or we wont have any vitamin D. And also they say we should we shoes more and things. But actually it is good to get a little dirty, it strengthens our immune system, and actually sttrengthens our whole body. You can google so many stories, where people say walking barefoot cured all their knee problems and things. So im just saying be more natural. Sleep on the floor man, strengthen your back. You will become more use to the cold aswell, we have become use to technology so much and cosy beds. The reasons south asians are the weakest, is because we are the most reliant, and our genetics make it harder for us to adapt in western countires, but the blacks have managed it. But we all have the same potential. Just different roads to get there. Dont blame genetics, we all have the same muscles, they all work the same. It is up to you. Remember in situations of extreme danger, we can pull off some amazing feats. Its all in the mind, you will become what you beleive, if you believe we have crap genetics, then you will. Our body is effected by are thoughts and emotions. keep positive

oh and another thing, we are all descended from a race of sword wielding warriors, even if you are not a sikh but asian, because are ancestors probably would have been in the persian empire at one time or something. Remember, the fact we are here today, is because we are from a race of survivors. The weak races and animals go extinct, the fact we are alive means we are from a race of surviving warriors. Our ancestors at one time would of been wearing heavy armour and wielding heavy weapons at some point. And our greatest battle tool is our minds anyway. Don't blame the genes, blame yourself.