.....bad Desire

Guest _Unknown_

Guest _Unknown_

Guru Fateh Sangat Ji

I know this is going to be embarrassing, but i will no longer let it stay inside me. Afterall, an avgun has to be told so that it can be erased. With God's Grace, I have pyaar for sikhi, Guru Maharaj, seva. But this ''kaami desire'' inside me in watching smth bad isn't going. I NEED HELP!! i need somebody to tell me what to do, i can't let this continue anymore. I'm sick of it!! It's iteruppting my every path which i develop for Guru Sahib. Pls, i fold my two hands, can somebody have mercy and tell me what i can do?

Guest chil man

chill man, the more u think about it the worse its gona get. dnt hink about tht fact u have it and jst do ur bhagti, but at the same time u have to b aware that u have it. have sum control over urself, do ardaas to maharaj.

if u havent had santhiya(like proper santhiya not sikh missionary santhiya or nything) then stik to doing mool mantar and gurmantar as much as u can.

Guest _Neer_

Do sangat.

You are what your sangat is. Take a look at the people you hung out with so far...How have they helped grow spiritually? Take a look back at what they do or used to do in their daily lives. You've accepted their ways thats why you are suffering. Do sangat of Gurmukhs. Visit the Gurudwara Sahib more often.

But be careful. There are 'people' in the Gurudwara Sahibs who can easily be mistaken for as the sangat. The best way to recognize them is by listening to them. If they talk about Guru Sahibs then know that they are Gurmukhs but if they start doing Ninda of anyone then this means 'STAY AWAY FROM THEM'. But just don't be mean to them because even they are helpless from their habits.

Another thing, do seva. It makes you humble and 'self'less.

Cleaning the shoes of the sangat...is a great way. Sahib Shree Guru Arjun Dev Ji Maharaj used to do this seva. Of course he didn't need to but he wanted to show us and tell us that by doing this your 'mind' slowly comes to your Aatmaa's control. If he has done this seva for this purpose then we cannot even imagine how strong the actual effects of this will be.

And... try attempting mool mantar up to "Naanak Ho Si Bhee Sachh" as many times as you can during the day. You can do it when such desires start approaching you. Just know that he's compassionate...He will help you. Mool Mantar is EASY! But it takes you DEEEEEP down.

Look at Guru Sahibs saroops (pictures) more often. And do an Ardaas "Kaam Krodh Ar Lobh Moh Binas Jaaye Ehen Mayv, Naanak Parabh Sarnaagatee Kar Prasaad Gurdayv".

Watch your thoughts though...

Thats all. Oh...and try reading books about Saints/Guru Sahibs/Spiritual People.

I apologize for this LONG lecture!

Guest Guest

The mind cannot be seen.

The mind cannot be defined.

What you see, do, hear, etc. is interpreted by your mind, and that essentially is what your mental state of mind becomes.

If you watch bad things, maybe look at why you watch those things, break it down into mechanical pieces. Get to the root cause of everything.

From thereon, try to use an alternate method to either deal with it differently or totally eliminate it and/or substitute it with something else.

Asides from that, you can try cutting down slowly, if you do something bad 5 times a week, try doing it a few times a week, and then once or twice. Suddenly stopping is sometimes hard and the resistance comes "suddenly" as well and you're back into it all over again.

Don't be a whiner. Don't quit. People let go smoking cigarettes that have smoked it for years on end, people let go of drinking, Mone let go of smoking, etc. You can let go of anything if you have the will and motivation to do so. We can't move your eyes, or hold your hand to stop you from doing it again.