The Sikh Channel

satty2007

They should be amritdhaaree you should have someone who is actually a living/practicing gursikh to be the voice of your channel not someone who hasn't adopted the basic fundamentals of the faith.

avar updese aap naa kare|

aavath jaavath janme mare|

Not necessarily.

Presenters are to talk to Gursikhs about their life experiences... they are their to present. Its their prime role. Presenters dont normally talk about their own life experiences etc.

Channel is to focus on non-amrit dhaaris as well as Gursikhs. Gursikhs should already have knowledge and practice Sikhi themselves... you cant bring people into Sikhi who are already into Sikhi.

Ive personally met some non-amrit dhaari's in my own life who have had a lot more respect and knowledge about Sikhi than some amrit dhaaris i know and theyve gone on to become great Gursikhs. So lets not cause a fraction between amrit dhaari and non amrit dhaaris and work together to inspire a Sikh way of life.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be amritdhaaree you should have someone who is actually a living/practicing gursikh to be the voice of your channel not someone who hasn't adopted the basic fundamentals of the faith.

avar updese aap naa kare|

aavath jaavath janme mare|

Not necessarily.

Presenters are to talk to Gursikhs about their life experiences... they are their to present. Its their prime role. Presenters dont normally talk about their own life experiences etc.

Channel is to focus on non-amrit dhaaris as well as Gursikhs. Gursikhs should already have knowledge and practice Sikhi themselves... you cant bring people into Sikhi who are already into Sikhi.

Ive personally met some non-amrit dhaari's in my own life who have had a lot more respect and knowledge about Sikhi than some amrit dhaaris i know and theyve gone on to become great Gursikhs. So lets not cause a fraction between amrit dhaari and non amrit dhaaris and work together to inspire a Sikh way of life.

Valid points

No offence but if this channel hires a non-amritdhari im going to stop watching the channel, due to it being in wrong hands...

And anyways why don't you Singhs use your Dasvaand towards Sikh World TV and not Sikh Channel, because Sikh Channel will be getting donations all the time but we need as many Sikh channels as possible, so why don't some of you donate towards Sikh World TV???

Please think about it :)

Fateh

www.Sikhworld.tv (I am not part of Sikh World TV).

No offence but if this channel hires a non-amritdhari im going to stop watching the channel, due to it being in wrong hands...

And anyways why don't you Singhs use your Dasvaand towards Sikh World TV and not Sikh Channel, because Sikh Channel will be getting donations all the time but we need as many Sikh channels as possible, so why don't some of you donate towards Sikh World TV???

Please think about it :)

Fateh

www.Sikhworld.tv (I am not part of Sikh World TV).

Fateh ji

Stop being so narrow minded. We have one sikh channel at the moment which is just getting into shape and it must cost a lot to run a channel so stop slandering and whoever wants to donate to whoever they will.

Vaheguru

Yea, maybe this "sikh" channel has an agenda of their own, who knows. But if you're telling the sangat that you don't need the sangat's support and telling them "If you want to go down that road, thats fine" then, well the sangat can make their own decisions on this channel..

I don't think its gurmat to have a non-amritdhari to talk about gurmat in any way shape or form, and be an advocate to the gursikh sangat out there, by doing this you are basically saying there's not any amritdhari gursikhs out there who can do the job better so we're going to elect non-amritdharis to.

If you're not willing to listen to the sangat's views and just telling them "If you want to go down that road" then I guess we shouldn't be supporting you in the first place.

i dont see how u can tell someone to become sikh and to take amrit if ur not percieved to be amritdhari and a good sikh themselves.

im not one of these ppl that think sehejdharis etc arnt sikhs. everybody at different stages. but u should look and be percieved to be a true sikh of the guru if ur gna tell people to become it themselves.

but i guess we got no one to blame for this but ourselves tho if no amritdhari sikh is prepared to put themselves forward as potential candidates.

i beleive that they should allow non-amritdharis to take audition as i have many non amritdhari friends on the way to becoming amritdhari who have intellectual and inciteful views on the panth, therefore there input would be useful.

I would think that them being young, good sikhs who wish to take amrit in the future would relate to the target audience by persuading and encouraging the current youth to get into sikhi.

Just because they have not yet taken amrit does not mean that they have less knowledge of sikhi or even that they follow tennants of sikhism, in fact i would put it to you that i know some non amritdharis whom are more useful to the panth that some amritdharis i know. Therefore i believe that they should be allowed on the channel and anyone who would not watch the channel a concequence is an <banned word filter activated> frankly. (no digs at anyone inparticular lol)

However i do agree if they are non amritdhari and dont know anything about sikhi then...

Just my thoughts :D

Bhull chak maaf

<BR>Yea, maybe this "sikh" channel has an agenda of their own, who knows. But if you're telling the sangat that you don't need the sangat's support and telling them "If you want to go down that road, thats fine" then, well the sangat can make their own decisions on this channel..<BR><BR>I don't think its gurmat to have a non-amritdhari to talk about gurmat in any way shape or form, and be an advocate to the gursikh sangat out there, by doing this you are basically saying there's not any amritdhari gursikhs out there who can do the job better so we're going to elect non-amritdharis to

If you're not willing to listen to the sangat's views and just telling them "If you want to go down that road" then I guess we shouldn't be supporting you in the first place.<BR>

We never said we dont need sangats' support. Of course we do. However, if someone is not going to watch our channel because we will have non-Amrit dhaaris on there... then thats fine. We cant force anyone to watch the channel. We want people WANTING to watch the channel, NEEDING to watch the channel NOT forced to watch the channel

As we said, presenters dont usually offer their views. They are impartial and that is what we will be looking for. Every organisation has an agenda, including SikhSangat - that does not mean the agendas are negative or anti-Gurmat or whatever. We have an agenda... to bring people closer to Sikhi, to help inspire the Sikhi way of life and offer the chance to participate and get involved. By involving people, you will help bring them closer to Guru Maharaj

Besides, as we said, the reason why we have posted on Sikhsangat is to get more Gursikhs involved. If you dont get involved and come forward to do seva of presenting etc. then we cant force people.

Lets not cause a divide between amrit dhaaris and non-amrit dhaaris. Lets bring them in, as our brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers and welcome them - not say "we are better than you, you havent taken amrit, you are not allowed on the channel". We all talk about unity... but none of us are willing to get off their high horses and actually practice the true meaning of it.

Forgive our mistakes, we are learning still along with you all. We hope you will help us learn from our mistakes.