Gurmat Gian Group - Sikh Women

Manbir

ive just begun listening to their keertan and it is most peaceful...

my request while i'm on the topic is that the jatha remains strong and down the line it doesn't seperate

just like sant anup singh and bhai manohar singh or sant niranjan singh and bhai amritpal singh

or bhai harjinder singh and bhai manjinder singh.

This Jatha: Gurmat Gian Group is unlike other jathas in one aspect that its a non professional jatha. Doing Gurbani Kirtan is not their profession. The livelihood of the members of Gurmat Gian Group do not depend on doing Kirtan. This group is being mainly managed by Gurpreet Kaur who happens to compose music for the Shabads and teaches and trains the other young Gurbani lovers to sing in Indian Classical Style. She selects singers and other musicians according to their capability and suitability as per the compositions and task in hand. She prefers singers who can devote time and energy to train themselves without looking for any profit.

At present there are two more members in this group - Keerat Kaur and Japjit Kaur who train under Gurpreet Kaur and accompany her in singing. Keerat Kaur is a computer engineer and working in US.

At present Gurpreet Kaur is involved in producing an Album of 6 CDs which is a compilation of all the 31 Raags of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Keerat Kaur is accompanying her in this project. The Album should be ready in a couple of months.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WJKK WJKF

THis is so weird I have been listening to these for cple of weeks now, since i felt like listening to raag shabads, yes they are brilliant, and sing from deep within.

The first one i listenend to was Baras Ghana Mera Pir Ghar Aya.

Guru NAnak Dev ji started bani in ragas, with Bhai Mardana used to sing like that.

The Sikh Gurus used the Ragas in their bani, enshrined in the Shri Guru Granth Sahib.

These came direct from god.

There is a saying in Punjabi " Hathi ke daant khane ko aur and dikhane ko aur." This Gurmat gian Missionary college is playing

a notorious role in siding with excommunicated sikhs. All their parcharaks interhpret Gurbani to their agenda.