Fire - Arson At East London Gurdwara - Bow

why are people responding on behalf of george galloway?

and on behalf of the mayor??

We dont want their secretaries to reply, we wanna hear from them themselves.

They expect us to think they taking this seriously if they getting other people 2 reply to their emails?

We want them to know this is serious stuff. We want to communicate with them directly about this attack.

They should have the Respect to reply back to the sikh community themselves in their own words if they want us to believe they are really looking into this

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wjkk wjkf

Today i have recieved and letter from my local mp virendra sharma regaurding the east london gurdwara attack

Dear Mr Singh

thank you for your letter regarding the atack on the gurdwara in Bow, the contents of which i have noted

i too was deeply disturbed by this incident. you may be aware that i tabled an early day motion regarding this a copy of which i have enclosed with a list of the other MP`s who have signed it so far

i have written to the home secretary and the metropolitan police commissioner and will let yo know of their responses when i receive them.

best whishes

yours sincerly

virendra sharma MP

ealing southall

here is the link of the early day motion

http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails....amp;SESSION=899

^vaheguroo we cant do that!!

has anyone seen shawshank rendemption - i know it was just a film, but remember the way that guy wrote a letter every week to get a new library or something, i know this is a completely different situation but i know there's been a benti to write letters to mp's nd the police and that. but if their is just an influx of letters and thats it, then they're bout not to take any notice of us.....

so lets make our voices heard - has it been on crimewatch?? - if not lets contact them - are the police not listening?? if not lets take it higher - whos the minister for community cohesion or has sum title which means they can help us voice this - what about the newspapers? east london - contact your local one - im sure they've done article son visakhi - you could even write one for them apealing to ppl who dont even know who sikhs are - explain what happened - explain 2 ppl who still think maharaj is our 'book' - what about national newspapers - do no sikhs work in the media???

pls pls pls veero, bheno write, email, phone whatever...but we need to get our voices heard!!

Conversation with person in charge of investigation:

Hello,

I am contacting regarding the Sikh Temple in Bow, East London that was deliberately burned to the ground on 16th March 2009. If this is not an act of war against the Sikh community I do not know what is. Even an attack on our women and children would take second place to an attack on our Guru.

The fire was a direct attack on the Sikh community which has been ignored by the main stream media and handled poorly by yourselves, the Police. The attacker(s) burnt eleven Guru Granth Sahibs, which the Sikhs revere as the Living Guru, the Living Voice of eternal wisdom that guides the community and teaches a humanitarian embracing message. The burning of one Guru Granth Sahib would be enough to anger every Sikh in the UK but the burning of eleven Guru Granth Sahibs has inflamed the UK Sikh community.

No arrests have been made and this has brought about feelings of frustration, anxiety and anger amongst the Sikh Community which is bent upon ensuring that the perpetrators are brought to justice. Failure of finding the culprits motivates the individual or gang and others to do a similar attack on other Gurdwaras.

There is a strong feeling amongst the Sikh Community that yourselves, the Police do not understand the gravity of the crime or that you do not care. The community feel that this crime is low on the list of Police priorities. This is illustrated by the fact that the crime was being considered as a criminal act to "property", thereby treating the incident only as one of arson.

Very easily there could have been human loss of life, There were people in the Temple at the time and are usually and this was an attempt on their lives and those who use the Temple also. Indeed in the minds of every Sikh we lost eleven human lives that day, and I can assure you the need for some form of justice one way or another is very high on our list of priorities. The Sikh community is indebted to the Firefighters as they feel at least there is one emergency service they can count on.

I have heard statements that if a Gurdwara can be burned to the ground and the media sit by quietly, the Police do nothing and public officials stay muted then the same could be said of many other high profile public buildings in London.

We await your response and we await results.

A

Please do not accept the inaccurate information being published on some websites as factually correct.

This is a high priority for the police here in Tower Hamlets.

A significant amount of effort & resources are being put into this serious investigation. We cannot discuss specific details of our enquiries, however we are working very closely with the Sikh community in East London.

B

If it is factually correct to say a Sikh Temple has been hit by an Arson Attack while there were people inside, burning 11 Guru Granth Sahibs, gutting the building and yet the charge has been changed to a puny one and even then there have been no arrests then the facts speak volumes.

I can genuinely see this situation getting a whole lot worse before it gets any better. You're being paid to spout a PC PR line but the above facts speak for themselves. You and I both know the Met Police would have reacted a lot differently if a Mosque had been hit which means you guys don't take the Sikh community seriously about this. So the only question remains what will it take for the Media, for the leading Public officials & for the Met Police in particular to take us seriously?

So long as this situation does not improve, the more time you give people to plan answering this question.

A

The fact is that this is and always has been from day one, an investigation into "arson with intent to endanger life," the most serious level that can be applied in this case.

Thanks,

B

Facts are based on reality and are undeniable. It is a fact that as yet we have not had justice - far from it not even one person has been arrested.

Yet since 9/11 you, the Police can arrest many Sikhs even on suspiciion and hold them for how many days without charge?

Sikhs up and down the country - be they going to school or work - just going about their daily business are routinely stopped and searched because they wear Kirpans. If Police then take a Sikh into custody for a routine interview they demand they remove the Kirpan. In all these cases it is ok for a Police Officer to flout the law and get away with it?

No offence intended but you're getting paid to do a job, but to many of us in the wider community when you see stuff like this happen it kinda makes you want to drop everything and do something about it. I've seen a lot of people feeling like this and it always ends the same way.

If i was you i'd put down the doughnuts and get the people who did this because clearly the hands on your watch are no longer turning in the same direction as people in our community.

A

maybe i should've been nicer but it gets on my nerves that in truth behind all the front they give to reassure the public - nothing is being done

That is so dodgy, a religious place burning down and the media ignoring it.......hhmmmmm

If it was a synagogue they would make it out to be some major "watershed" event.

Advice: Singhs take your jeebs out of goray chittor. In general they can't be trusted to do the right thing.