Is Drinking As Bad As Cutting Your Kes?

waheguru

vicky bai jiii

i agree with u on what u said..but not on this> "kiddah pajee.. I do agree your point, but i also disagree with it.. cauz i think no sikh should live his/her life carrying the burden of their whole society.. I mean live your life on your own, do what you want to do without carrying the burden of whole community.. like thinking "Should i do this? " what would happen to my community reputation if i do this or that".. I really hate that.. It suffocates me.. "

why does it suffocates u ji.

i know u not amritdhari yet bro ji

but whenu enter KHALSABROTHER HOOD, then u become a member of a family that has to be a role modle for everyone

as Guru Sahib ji have given us Amrit to make us "PURE" :D

yea we do make mistakes..thats why JUS LIKE ANY FAMILY IN THIS WORLD.. U HIS child will be PUNISHED(peesshh)

all im tryin to say i sthat whenwe would not do anything wrong to ruein our OWN WORLDLY familys reputation, then how can the child of KHALSA Akal Purakhs Fauj would try to forget that if s/he does something, whole Fauj will be affected and looked up on

we all should try hard to stay in sharan of Akal, tell him to take care of us..

dont get scared bro ji..that after takin amrit u will be under a BURDEN ...its a huge resposiblity for sure, but not a BURDEN

its LOVE!

u start to go on a path of love.

and when u start to read Gurbani..u will see that "Appnay sikh(sevak) ka pardaa takay(dhakay, cover)..He the Satguru covers the mistakes, wrong doings of his serven/belovedsikh"

jus like any parent...if the kid is soo beloved to them, then even if s/h have KILLED someone for

no reason, they will try to save him/her..and say "MY kid never done it." try to cover it..so the kid wont suffer.

vaheguru

its love of Akal

we human can't understand it

im jus giving u this worldy example to exaplain bit, that i have understood, of this great infint lovefull Mystry

Akal sahai

bhul chukk muaff karni

ur sista :T: rolleyes.gif

Waheguru

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife
i think no sikh should live his/her life carrying the burden of their whole society.. I mean live your life on your own, do what you want to do without carrying the burden of whole community.. like thinking "Should i do this? " what would happen to my community reputation if i do this or that"..

my dad told me this once---------

as a sikh in the US.. you have to better than ur other counterpart religions/cultures cuz a sikh has to represent the religion..

these little things matter

like if u go to a restuarant and be mean to the waiter next time any turbaned man who goes to the restuarant is not gonna get treated too kind

this might be an extreme example but u get the point.

so we have to be extra nice to people so when the next time they see a sikh man they would remember how kind they are

i think no sikh should live his/her life carrying the burden of their whole society.. I mean live your life on your own, do what you want to do without carrying the burden of whole community.. like thinking "Should i do this? " what would happen to my community reputation if i do this or that"..

my dad told me this once---------

as a sikh in the US.. you have to better than ur other counterpart religions/cultures cuz a sikh has to represent the religion..

these little things matter

like if u go to a restuarant and be mean to the waiter next time any turbaned man who goes to the restuarant is not gonna get treated too kind

this might be an extreme example but u get the point.

so we have to be extra nice to people so when the next time they see a sikh man they would remember how kind they are

I agree with u all guys ^_^ and it's very civilized thing to do.... But doesn't it kinda wayy too much to

handle.. Like being nice and clean outside u know like showing the good image to the community all tha time...

One time (after 9/11) I was on the way to drop my vietnamese friend to his home and on the way some wacko *white* punk gave me the finger from his car for no reason.. It really <Edited> me off and i tailgated bumper to bumper to that guy for next 15 miles (he was heck of scared though).. I just didn't cared about anything.. Anyway when i told this to my dad/parents.. They said "What i did was huge mistake" and then all blame was on me :D @ and then my dad lectures me the good image stuff.. Which i still don't agree with it.. cauz it's not possible for a person to be in good mood for 24/7 OR faking to be in good mood for the sake of community is too much....

Guest SikhForLife

veer ya i kno what u mean

but here we r all used to it.. (i am in north west nj.. 99% middle class white)

its so close to NYC and many people around here lost their friends n stuff

theres hate no doubt but we just cant retaliate with slander.. or become like them . (hate back)

ill tell u another story.. a group of us (sikh people) went to nyc friday nite.. around 3 am.. we were just walking around and a bunch of teenagers stopped their car and said "Nice turbans!" and i said "thanx!" then he turned to his friends and said somthin. i didnt quite hear.. so a friend of mine said "what what B***ch"

and one thing led to another and before long they were callin us "f**kin terrorists..." "arabs..." etc etc etc. u get the point

but it would ve all been avoided if we had walked away after saying thanx..

the point being...... > now those teenagers will always have this in mind and next time they see a sardar person they ll have that attitude..

(there are a lot of taxi drivers in NYC.. and almost all of them keep Khuli thari.. )

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sangato,

Guru sahib said the sikh is in his image, in his roop. When we do something, we need to remember that guru sahib is watching us.. there are others in countless other realms that we cannot see that are also watching us. Others in our realm of earth are also watching us. When we do or say something bad we are in guru sahibs roop and we are making guru sahib look bad. In a way we end up doing guru sahibs ninda. To be a sikh, we must try our best to be gursikhs, even forgetting that once can be a grave mistake.

Think about this, what if theres someone who is emotionally depressed and this turns into rage. This man goes out looking for someone to kill or hurt, and he enounters a gursikh who smiles at him. That smile just peirces the mans heart and because of the godlyness of this gursikh, this man begins to think again, whereas if it was one of us listening to loud music in our car and this guy is looking for an easy target and we just go "Wussup" or nod our head, what do you think will happen next?

We should always carry guru sahib with us and show him on the outside. I know this is a burden/responsibility, but when we respect guru sahib and his roop, guru sahib respects us 1000 times more.

Also, when someone is racist to you like that vicky singh veer jee, you dont have to cuss and get mean, but u are a singh, singhs dont back down from a fight.

My veers and I go many places dressed in full bana and with shastar on. If anyone does dare say anything, we are ready with shastar and they immediatly be quiet. They learn some respect for guru sahib and his singhs because we carr

y ourselves with the dignity that guru sahib has bestowed on us.

Guest SikhForLife

^_^ good

but will u take out ur kirpan if someone just "said" something to u?

nahin jee. we should try educating.. instead of threatening.....

unless ofcourse our life or other's life is in danger

I agree with all of you! If we slander and have bad attitudes toward people who are obviously ignorant then that is not our problem! If we do something bad then they will always think that man those Sikh are really bad people and will keep doing the stuff they do today!

My father was chased for a whole hour by some white men after 9/11 and he almost lost his job too! :D

But he always kept his cool because he knew if he did something it would his fault and only his!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

veerje according to me the person who drinks and does those kuret what sikhe says i say u should respect them and mediate with them so that they must also get gyan and they must leave all this stuffs.in our forum how many of us did drink did do adultry and many other stuffs and left and now they are gursikh guru jee has done kirpa on many and will do kirpa on those who do such stuffs so according to me love them respect them and mediate with them belive me this is my 2 percent bhul chuk maaf