Is Drinking As Bad As Cutting Your Kes?

I was just wondering if you drink and smoke and all that stuff is it as bad as cutting your hair and trimming your beard?

And when you do cut your hair, drink, smoke, etc. does that mean your a bad sikh or not even sikh at all?

I was just wondering all of this one day and needed some answers so if you all could help m figure what is right and what is wrong? :D

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

There are four things which are considered Major Sins or Kurehits:

- Cutting the hair,

- Eating Halal meat,

- Adultery,

- Using tobacco

i think these are stated in the Panthic Rehit Maryada accepted by Akal Takht

also drinking alcohol is a sin but cutting hair is bigger...since it is not stated as a Kurehit in this Rehit Maryada Document, however by using normal antologi one can saw that also dringing is an equally great sin....after a Khalsa has commited a Kurehit, s/he has to confess to the Panj Piare and re-take Amrit....

hope some other guys answar more than me....

Deep.......

this is my out look, if u have a pug and drink, plz do it in the confines of ur house or at a punjabi event, but not out in a pub where the ppl can c, as it will wreck the rep of the pug :D )
kiddah pajee.. I do agree your point, but i also disagree with it.. cauz i think no sikh should live his/her life carrying the burden of their whole society.. I mean live your life on your own, do what you want to do without carrying the burden of whole community.. like thinking "Should i do this? " what would happen to my community reputation if i do this or that".. I really hate that.. It suffocates me..
I was just wondering if you drink and smoke and all that stuff is it as bad as cutting your hair and trimming your beard?

And when you do cut your hair, drink, smoke, etc. does that mean your a bad sikh or not even sikh at all?

I see both as equal. Yes both are sins acc. to sikh lifestyle in our gurus eyes. If im not mistaken jee.. i think your question also leads to another point...."Should we

call them "Bad Sikhs or unsikh"?" hmmm.. if we do call them bad sikhs or not even sikhs then we are also Bad Sikhs too.. Why? Cauz it's our Waheugurus' job to judge that not ours :D .. All we can say is that "Sikhs are not allowed to cut hair nor drink." If someone do that let guru ji handle them.

btw.. Good question..

Drinking is Bad for your health, So Its no different than Tobaccoo. Guru ji didn't just say Don't consume Tobaccoo, he also meant anything that harm your body should be avoided by a SIkh.

An angry husband who stabbed his wife to death in front of their son because he did not like the food she was cooking has been jailed for life.

Narinder Kaur Mann, one of the first female Asian magistrates in Leicester, was repeatedly stabbed in the stomach with a kitchen knife as her son Jaswinder watched in horror.

Read more:

Gurdev Mann, 50, showed no emotion as he was found guilty of murder by a jury at Leicester Crown Court after just three-and-a -half hours of deliberations.

Mann, of Heyworth Road, Leicester, had been drinking when he walked into his home and demanded food from his wife on May 20 last year.

Mrs Mann rushed into the kitchen to cook for him but he complained that the food was not fresh before grabbing the kitchen knife. Their 23-year-old son, known as Michael, almost broke down as he told the jury how he watched his father stab his mother to death.

The university student said he had picked up his mother from work at a local hospital before returning home with her and eating a meal. He said his father was swearing at her after complaining the food was stale, and was about to sit down in the living room.

He suddenly got up again, slammed both the living room and kitchen doors and confronted his wife. Michael told the court: "I heard my mum scream and I thought he was hitting her. I got up and ran out of the living room into the kitchen.

"I saw that my dad was stabbing my m

um in the stomach. She was trying to stop him from carrying on and trying to hold him back. I ran to him, holding his hand and pushed it up above his head to stop him stabbing her any more and he told me to let go of him."

Mann walked out of the house with the knife and dumped it in a nearby wheelie bin before going to the local shop, apparently to get a can of beer, David Farrer QC, prosecuting, told the court.

An ambulance was called and Mrs Mann was taken to Leicester Royal Infirmary where she died later that night. Mann denied murder but was found guilty by a jury of eight men and four women.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_794073.html

vicky singh i c ur point 2 paji, but then if one does'tn carry the burden, should we just let the image deriate(sp).?

we must each do our share. and do the sensible thing

that guys a <admin-cut> and needs 2 be hanged

theres this one "sardar" teacher at school who smokes :D khooli dhari and phug..........

he's b'n confronted many a time... what can we do?

:nihungsmile: waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

its kaljug...

and why do they smoke, drink, do wrong things??

simple answer..

manmut...driven by 5,

one of my frinds said once to all of us..

" as being Amaritdhari.Its sooo easy to read banis on time, and do all this kind of stuff, but the HARDEST PART IS to be Gurmukh, to control ur self from doing wrong, not to be mam mukh!"

like one of the singh jis over here wrote the bani

tuks of

"kayi koot...."

read bani u will understand :D ...

but always ask question so moorakhs like me can ask our selves and understand our selve better

see teh thing is

we have ansswers in our selves, but we jus dont try to sit and reflect on them,(human nature:)) but when someone askes question..then all the hidden treasur comes out:)

"sabh kish anndar.." :nihungsmile:

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

Akal Sahai