Holla Mhalla

well obviously a namdhari would acknowledge guru ram singh as guru. were not telling anione to not believe ad granth sahib ji as guru. and whsat he stated about guru ram singh and the sant khalsa are all facts. i believe this is an excellenat approach kooke have done to spread sikhi especially through the bbc. stories of dasam pita were mention and katha like this should be encouraged at a public level. only i we have ekta ion our comunity to do stuff like this will we be sucessful in preaching sikhi to our younger generation. and yes t guru ram singh ji is par of sikhi even non namdharis acnowledge him for what was done and respectfully call him baba ram singh ji.

fateh

Guest shastr

lets not destroy this thread by making it into a naamdhari discussion guys. plz, save the bs for some other time.

anyways, a point that was made in the video, the chardi kala language that was given to khalsa by maharaj, in today's world known as nihang boli. can somebody list all the differnt words of this boli? like with the meanings? (if this is going off topic, somebody plz let me know, ill just start a new thread)

Fateh Ji,

Gurbani says : Holi kiini sant sev, ragh laaga att lal dev.

Problem today is Holi has been reduced to troubling people and drinking Bhang.

chd1.jpg

chd3.jpg

Compare these with the Hola Mahala celebration in Anandpur Sahib:

pb6.jpg

18,207 units of blood were collected at Anadpur Sahib

There's a very telling photograph of two Nihangs applying color on each other.... very very degnified. I'll try to get it and post it in my next post.

Guru Rakha

well obviously a namdhari would acknowledge guru ram singh as guru. were not telling anione to not believe ad granth sahib ji as guru. and whsat he stated about guru ram singh and the sant khalsa are all facts. i believe this is an excellenat approach kooke have done to spread sikhi especially through the bbc. stories of dasam pita were mention and katha like this should be encouraged at a public level. only i we have ekta ion our comunity to do stuff like this will we be sucessful in preaching sikhi to our younger generation. and yes t guru ram singh ji is par of sikhi even non namdharis acnowledge him for what was done and respectfully call him baba ram singh ji.

fateh

Fateh ji,

Point taken, and a valid one too. I'm all for Ekta, but my point being those that do not believe Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Maharaj, how can we accept them into the panth?

Same goes for ppl who dont believe in Raagmala, or parts of Dasam Granth Ji?

Before ppl start thinking i'm having a digg, i'm just making vichaar on a thought i have and perhaps 'A' answer could be found within the cyber sangat?

Forgive me for any mistakes..

Fateh ji!

fateh

i understand what u are saying however how can an individual or a group of people have the authority to decide who is allowed in the sikh panth or not. this can only be done by the guru and akal purakh waheguru himself. according to gurbani this is the definition of what asikh is :ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae outh har naam dhhiaavai ||

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru the True Guru shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

namdharis do believe in raagmala , every single pavitar ang in ad sri granth sahib ji, and dasam granth sahib ji. i can assure you that just because we do not regard ad sri granth sahib ji as having the guruship does not mean that we do not respect it. from personal observation i believe that namdharis respect ad and dasam garnth sahib ji more than many who consider it as a guru in many gurudhwaras.

fate ji